What do recreational flyers do?

Scotty, do you want to see my wife murder me at Natfly???? Anything to do with bagpipes and me is not compatable to her and indeed my health,ha,ha.

Jamming at the tent with Ian sounds good:chat:, is Ian providing the Port for us all?054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

PS to my first post, built a Volkplane(VP-1a) in 1974, a VP-2 in 1983 was presedent of the Navy gliding club for 4 years got my silver "C", my PPL from 1966, have just over 3000 flying hours in Navy aircraft. Was one of the first hang glider crew at Kurnell sand hills in the 1970's, lost so much fleash there, member of ULAA at Bankstown from 1972 to 1987. Had 1/4 share of building a 40 foot steel yacht and sailed it around the world, only once though.

Bob.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty, do you want to see my wife murder me at Natfly???? Anything to do with bagpipes and me is not compatable to her and indeed my health,ha,ha.Jamming at the tent with Ian sounds good:chat:, is Ian providing the Port for us all?054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Bob...my last new years eve in NZ before coming to OZ I was determined to pipe the new year in with Old Lang Syne. I did it horizontal and a little tipsy on black Sambuca so I cant see why Port wouldnt work...augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Ah bubbleboy now that is how I like to play.... ah...drink, well what ever:roflmao:.

Power, I just hope Ian can afford us?????? you know so many and so dry in the throat too.

Hey All Muso's my hangar will be up, block #75 Temora Airpark, will have awning down one side if this would be a good spot for a jam! Think you will all fit!016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

The AAAA 2011 Auster rally is on at Temora on 8-9 October. We will look forward to a welcoming serenade.

kaz augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

30 years Navy, first ten as a sailor, trade as a shipwright/boatbuilder, last twenty as a Marine Engineer. A few more to go and then I'll think up something new to do for retirement (apart from flying ..... horse riding .......... skiing .........fly fishing .......) 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Phil

Farm worker, milking cows. Soldier / mechanic. Construction worker / steeplejack. Civil engineering technician. Now retired and aircraft builder, RV4.

Guest Howard Hughes

Pilot (seee avatar), but really a 'wanna be' Muso and Recreational Flyer...:thumb_up:

Hey Geunsey, there was a program on the tele a few years ago about a bloke who had an electronic didgeridoo. (he called it a cyber didge). He toured the Northern Territory and it was a hit with the locals. Apparently he could alter the sound of the instrument, record and playback over the top of a current tune/blow??. It looked like a tunable blackbox thing mounted to the Didge with adjustable knobs. Sounded great on the tele.Just thought uou might want to know

Maynard

I have heard about it but never seen it, sounds fascinating.

I do have normal didges, slide didges and a box didge.

'Didge' ever hear of one of those 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif Alan.

Trained as a Blacksmith in the mines in the UK Took up hang gliding .Got out of the mines and into the printing business Emigrated to Aus Went back on the tools (anyone want to buy a welding business) Bought a Savannah (love it) Looking at transition to retirement. Dave

Well as my other half mentioned I am a Secondary College Principal, which means I am a teacher (strange to have a principal that actually teaches but I do! Mathematics and Science) Before that I worked with molecular vaccines, before that kitchen hand, cleaner, dish washer and anything that paid the bills.

I am also a Muso (Singer, keyboards, flute, viola, saxophone etc.. Jack of all trades master of none) .. seems to be a trend

I am also a Muso ..... seems to be a trend

There sure is a trend here... I didn't mean to derail the thread! blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

A Recreational Flying Band at Natfly sounds like fun, though! 027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

So many musos.. i also play piano, but not my main job.. did my apprentice ship with energy authority 1987.. been working as a sparky for most of my life, wiring houses, jails, large commercial buildings. Back at energy company since 1998 now working in a control room, monitoring power outages, dispatching jobs. Been in this job now 13 years. Rather be in doors now apart from flying! Summer time our busiest times with storms..

Well let's see...Soldier for 5 years (Signals Corps)...still things I can't talk about there 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif....Paramedic, worked for the RFDS at Yulara (Ayers Rock) in 95-6...Nurse...and now Anaesthetic Tech at Cairns Base Hospital...Looking for a career change in aviation, not as a pilot though, too old and can't afford it!

Well let's see...Soldier for 5 years (Signals Corps)...

Were you at Simpson Barracks here in Watsonia? I have been a few hundred meters from Simpson for the last 52 years

Hey Ian,

Yep was at Watsonia for awhile (92-95), first at 127 sig sqn in tate st Ivanhoe, then the school of sigs. Was just down there a few months ago to see the opening of the new ADF School of Sigs. Hasn't changed much although now it's tri-service...so lots of pussers and blue orchards cluttering the place up

Guest Jabiru Weekend Warrior

Lots of varied professions have been posted.

Im a flyer and a Jabiru J160 owner.

Job wise, im a Electronics bloke.. Bureau of Meteorology....Not forcasting, i dont get to use the dart board!!!!!!!

Im one of the Weather RADAR technicians for VIC.