What do you do?

Tomo

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling and see what sort of experience we have laying around the forum! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I'm a Mobile Diesel Fitter/mechanic... Learnt to fly and got my RAA license 3 years ago when I turned 17, now have a PPL also, and just love flying!

Tomo... I think there was a similar thread not long ago. I have a PPL and passes in CPL, Instrument & ATPL theory. Building a Pietenpol Air Camper and am a Pool Technician and Correctional Officer. I dont like working but have to so I can have my flying toys!

Scotty super_hero.gif.5d50ddb84d4e7e727183b80b4acbc28c.gif

Case manager in disability and aged care. Currently studying full time at university also to complete my registration as a psych. Own business in the motorcycle clothing trade for 5 years as well.

Guest davidh10

Many years in ICT (Information and Communications technology).

The previous thread on this topic is here.

I started flying just two years ago, have an unrestricted RAA Pilot Certificate and have recently added the formation endorsement. I too love flying and take every opportunity to improve my skills, so as to be a better pilot, which at the moment is meaning lots of formation flying and further training beyond the RAA formation recognition level. I'm really enjoying it.

Guest rocketdriver
Currently involved in full-time intensive research relating to the possibiltiy of being able to survive on the pension. Nev

Know the feeling, Nev. My Reseach is part time!

Originally qualified as a control systems engineer. Mostly worked in sales and service, then small business owner with several retail shops and a computer sales and service business and more recently in Real Estate for my sins. Purpose of all this ... to fund my 1,500+ hours of flying in gliders, Hang Gliders, GA and RA .....

Cheers

RD

Guest davidh10
Currently involved in full-time intensive research relating to the possibiltiy of being able to survive on the pension. Nev

Let me know when you discover the secret. I think I'll be working for the foreseeable future!

Brain surgeon, however in answer to the question you posed in the thread title, I wouldn't mind betting we are all in the same boat wanting more money to spend flying.

So Youngster, we need you to campaign the Shadow Minister to push the Government for a series of Aviation Grants, which we'll vet for you, to foster the growth of aviation in this Country.

This would be more logical than many of the annually renewed Grants in place today.

Then we could all go off on a fly in and talk sh$t round the camp fires.

Currently a publican (last 7 years) but 25 years in Sales & Marketing in the Telecommunications industry prior to this.

Always wanted to fly and the opportunity came up to do TIF In October last year. Got hooked and now have my basic ticket and have nearly completed PAX and X Country endorsements. Haven't flown at all since early May due to business commitments but should get some revision and additional solo time in a couple of weeks.

Currently a student, sat my first HSC exam this morning... 6 more to go 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Hope to be at Uni next year, ideally studying medicine but I'll just see if I can manage to get into that. At best it will be 6 years at uni, possibly 8.

Only started flying this year, haven't managed to go solo yet but I hope to have my certificate and possibly GFPT by the end of next year. All I want to do with flying at this stage is be able to fly for the fun of it, and to take friends flying 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Started working life as livestock truck driver and now write Transport Fleet Maintenance, Workshop and Fatigue Management Software.

Have had Pilot Cert for around 2 years, but work and available funds limits the amount of hours flown.

1 son doing law degree and the other doing civil engineering degree, maybe they will remember dad and help the flying fund one day.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

cheers

Bruce

Semi retired irrigation consultants business director

Got my RAA licence at 69 years 6 years ago. Have now just passed the 500 hrs in the Jab 230 (340 in this one)

Gave up lawn bowls to fly as can do that when I get old. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

What a buzz!!

Keep learning and enjoying Tommo

Phil

• Like 3

Currently a Storeman (lots of yummy dead fish!) previously a 'very remote' Telemetry installer / devoloper. 400hrs in J160's / J170.

Licenced for anything with wheels and a motor (bike ---> Road train) on the road and enjoy a good blast on the bike when not hanging around the airstrip which hopefully will be more often now the weathers better.

Farmer...fourth generation on this property, but farming goes back at least 6 generations in my family. Crop, sheep/wool, cattle. But I also regard myself as a "lifelong learner" (read geek) so I enjoy things like science/technology, music, computers, electronics, astronomy (built my own telescope) etc etc. Flying fits into the learning addiction very well. Always wanted to fly but finally started last year at age 46.

Brain surgeon, however in answer to the question you posed in the thread title, I wouldn't mind betting we are all in the same boat wanting more money to spend flying.So Youngster, we need you to campaign the Shadow Minister to push the Government for a series of Aviation Grants, which we'll vet for you, to foster the growth of aviation in this Country.

This would be more logical than many of the annually renewed Grants in place today.

Then we could all go off on a fly in and talk sh$t round the camp fires.

Sorry Turbo, transport is not my field, although I have had a quiet word in the ear of the appropriate people about the wonders of Rec Aviation. There are a few MPs who fly, but I don't think they make too much of it due to fear of being labelled a rich so and so.

• Like 1

I'm a trainee lawyer and will be admitted in Victoria early next year.I have a PPL, an RA cert, an RA FI rating in the next few months if all goes to plan, and hopefully a rotary PPL by the end of next year or mid 2013.

Hi Darky

Are you one of the Leos finishing off at the moment by any chance? When is your admission? You'll need to do corporate law if you want to fly rotary... us poor crim types can only afford antique fixed wing. But it's more exciting! 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

kaz