aircraft parts

Hi All

does anyone have a list of Parts Distributors in brisbane gold coast etc that i can purchase Easily

trying to get parts people off the net is frustrating all seem to be usa and the freight costs are nearly as much as the parts !!! rang a guy that is Spruce rep here and he NEVER gets back to you (doesent he want the business) any help appreciated

Cheers gareth

Hi Alldoes anyone have a list of Parts Distributors in brisbane gold coast etc that i can purchase Easily

trying to get parts people off the net is frustrating all seem to be usa and the freight costs are nearly as much as the parts !!! rang a guy that is Spruce rep here and he NEVER gets back to you (doesent he want the business) any help appreciated

Cheers gareth

Although they seem to sting with frieght costs I have still found it easier to buy direct from aircraft spruce USA

• Like 3

Yup...I bought Spruce direct from the USA and it cost $330AUD. Old mate who is the AS&S rep up there wanted $880 odd dollars for the same order and then tried to spin me some BS about I would need to pay import costs! Didnt have to and will never buy anything from him again and let everyone know as well. I dont like greedy people!

Scotty

• Like 1

Same here buy all my aircraft parts from US bert flood is to dear, even with shipping l still get cheaper .

Mainly buy from California Power Systems..

I agree with what has been said above. Aircraft Spruce & Sportys are about the best options. I am currently searching fro some where to get some dangerous goods sent to me, from the USA it is about $500 postage just for dangerous goods. I know aviall will sell direct to the public if you're at there office, other wise it seems hard to set up an account with them!

Hi All

tahnks for input ,all i am trying to buy are an bolts 1/4, 3/16,5/32 strobes that are not overpriced ,brake parts(pedals) fuel caps(3) etc etc

there must be someone in aus that can supply ,do we really have to send our money os

cheers gareth:angry:

Hi Alltahnks for input ,all i am trying to buy are an bolts 1/4, 3/16,5/32 strobes that are not overpriced ,brake parts(pedals) fuel caps(3) etc etc

there must be someone in aus that can supply ,do we really have to send our money os

good supplier here : http://www.an-bolts.com.au/catalog/

I agree 100% with you Gareth, I would love to see an online hardware and parts supply shop for Australia, something similar to spruce. Would even settle for a company that put out a readily available catalog who you could easily order through!

There is a pilot shop some where in Forrest Hill in VIC, they do a great job with prices and stock all sorts of hardware.

Otherwise your best is going to be in Archerfield as I think thats your closest. You would be looking at these two as the main suppliers

Aviall - http://www.archerfieldairport.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=173:aviall-australia-pty-ltd&catid=85:aviation-retail&directory=107

Superior Air Parts - http://www.superiorairparts.com.au/parts.html

Keep in mind though Gareth that all suppliers are going to simply get their products from O/S then hand them over to you! Also both Aviall and Superior can be a little more difficult than spruce is when it comes to ordering!

When I can remember the name of the guys in Forest Hill will post it up here.

Hi Alltahnks for input ,all i am trying to buy are an bolts 1/4, 3/16,5/32 strobes that are not overpriced ,brake parts(pedals) fuel caps(3) etc etc

You could try Aero parts in Hallam in Vic l have dealt with him a lot very resonable http://aeroparts.com.au/shop/.

• Like 1

Or then you could try the shop here on this site and then you are also supporting this site...have a look on the Wicks site http://www.wicksaircraft.com/ and anything that is on there you can get from the shop here at the same price that Wicks have it and the shop here handles it all for you.

Hi Ian

I was not aware that you had these type of parts that we require ie brake master cylinders, 6' brake assemblies, flush alum fuel caps, strobe lights (low type),landing lights, brake pedals (alum), the list will go on as we get further into the build gauges (we have opted for MGL) dual throttles etc etc

I will pm you with a list , and will support you (and this SITE)

cheers gareth

Or then you could try the shop here on this site and then you are also supporting this site...have a look on the Wicks site http://www.wicksaircraft.com/ and anything that is on there you can get from the shop here at the same price that Wicks have it and the shop here handles it all for you.

I was waiting for you to come in on this Ian:wink:

I reckon the shop is great but we need to be able to see a catalogue. I know this is difficult and time consuming, as you have explained before. Is there a way of including a link to the Wicks site within the shop?

Forum members, I reckon this is the best of both worlds (although not for everything), where we can get US prices, no freight from US to Aus, and support this site as well.

Pud

AN Bolts website is good. I have bought off them or Ians shop or Old Man Emu on here offers fab service. Do a little research and you will find decent people here in OZ. If not, its very easy and painless ordering from the USA now. Exchange rate is good too.

Scotty

Thanks for the pat on the back, Scotty. I can usually supply most commonly used items of hardware on the day I get the order.

I'm now a Spruce and Speciality Dealer, so I get a bit of a discount on my stock purchases, which then allows me to work from a lower price. I don't whack on a massive mark-up, so my prices are usually pretty low. You can always ask me for a quote, and if I'm too dear for you, I lose the sale, no worries.

Old Man Emu

Hey OME!What sort of stuff do you deal with??? I will be needing a heap of sheets, angle,tubeing as well as rivets, bolts ect for my build

I don't deal in metal, but I handle all the rest of your hardware needs. I often can reduce the cost of imported parts a little bit as I am min abetter purchasing position than a person buying one-off.

OME

I don't deal in metal, but I handle all the rest of your hardware needs. I often can reduce the cost of imported parts a little bit as I am min abetter purchasing position than a person buying one-off.OME

Do you get perspex sheet in at all OME? How about dangerous goods, looking for silver butrayte non taunting UV protection dope for fabric.