Are you a Freemason and a Pilot?

winsor68

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I get taught the secret hand shake ?

Dazza I also heard from a friend of one of these masons that they have these secret little hand signals when they walk past each other so as

to inform one another they are from the Lodge.Not for me really,but everyone to themselves.Anyhow the flying has been great this summer.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I don't know much about Freemasons and how they operate or what their goals are. What little i do know about them i found out when i was researching my family tree. My great great grandfather was a Freemason and a very astute businessman. He was also a mad keen sportsman, horse breeder and built mansions along the Williams River.He held at his expense sporting events on his property. Cricket and polo cross where the games of the day. As a Freemason he donated several large areas of land to the town for use by the school and built several buildings for the school that are still in use. Rebuilt the church after it was burnt down. He also donated land for use as a sports ground that is still being used as such. He was smart enough to make sure that it would still be used as such today. The now local govt wants to build a retirement home on the site but the agreement that he had drawn up prevents this from happening until a new sporting complex that must be built to his agreement is completed first. It seems he could see well into the future for the town's growth and knew how Governments worked. He stitched it right up.

This i believe is what the Freemasons are about, just doing good for the community without the fanfare that others crave for their work. They will however when times are tough look after their own first then others second, but then that would be expected.

Ozzie

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Good for them,,,,doesn't matter how much good you do ,,,,ride one goat and ,,,,,,,,,,

Much like my time in New Zealand, 2 years, it's just a pity I chose the wrong sheep, she was taken!

WHAT ABOUT THE GOATS,,,,,doesn't anyone think of the goats,,,

Yes, Facthunter did. See his post below:

Steve to me was totally what he was. Nothing sinister. I ask how many techmen have been sent packing as a scapegoat. Nev