Natfly 2013 who is going?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To decide where to host it, you need to decide if it's a fly in or a conference. If a fly in, central is good. Caboolture is 20min from my house but impossible from Victoria.

If a conference, then near a commercial airport is good.

I don't think you will get both. Australia is a big country! A days flight from most centres is a fair position, which it probably is. You could move it closer to the larger population centres, which again it probably is.

I won't be able to make it this time... got way to many things on around Easter to be able to get away!!

Hope you all have a good time those that do get the chance to do so..

It won't matter where it is held it will always be accessible to some and not to others.

If it is held in the same place each year it gives the host town and organizers a chance to build on the facilities and gives the locals a chance to become involved each year with accommodation and other attractions.

Opening up the event for other branches of aviation to be involved would be a big plus.

Why is Airventure so popular? The EAA had the foresight to invest in buying the airfield and surrounding property allowing them to continually reinvest in infrastructure. It also opened up to include more than homebuilders and also to some degree interesting non aviation vendors. If Natfly remains just RAAus then that is what it will remain. A non growth event that is the same each year.

Temora is a great place. It has great locals, a great history with a great warbird base already there. Good predicable weather. And it really is central as anywhere could be to 4 states. RAAus would do well to sell up from Canberra and move there. Then it could become a truly huge event.

Ozzie

(dreaming again)

If you are into aircraft, particularly the ultralight form, then just go & have a good time.

I drive up each year & really enjoy the atmosphere camping there, meeting new people and drooling over all the different aircraft.

Some of the forums I have attended have been fantastic.

Support the event & then the event can expand & support you. Staying away doesn't do any good.

Exhibitors need you & we want them there so come along if you can & make this a good year. Besides, it's the people there that make it.

Its also your chance to have your say (or listen in) at the AGM.004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

H

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If you are into aircraft, particularly the ultralight form, then just go & have a good time.I drive up each year & really enjoy the atmosphere camping there, meeting new people and drooling over all the different aircraft.

H

See you there H,

Down the end, same place and time. Will you go into the corner again?

Regards Geoff

See you there H,Down the end, same place and time. Will you go into the corner again?

Regards Geoff

Be good to catch again MrRat. Probably park around there again, nice & quiet.

Plan arrive Thursday sometime :)

Cheers

H

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen the map/layout for this years Natfly stalls and it's looking very good. They've condensed it all quite a bit so it should have a good vibe to it.

Looking forward to heading out this year actually!

Recreational Flying will be there with bells on...as always.

We will have our tent, coffee/tea/biscuits for Recreational Flying site members and our customary Hot Cross Buns...plus loads of pilot supplies of all kinds that you can score great bargains on and it all helps to keep this site going so please support the Recreational Flying site...if there is anything you would like to pre-order so you can pick up at NatFly then please let me know.

We will have a power board for site members to charge up their phones or tablet pc, there is room in the tent if you need to store anything while you are out and about plus there are tables and chairs under umbrellas for you to sit, chat and meet up with other forumites. We will have a message board where you can leave messages for other site users so you can make the Recreational Flying tent as a meeting spot.

My 11 year old son Lachlan will be there so if you have any kids with you then make yourself known so the kids can meet up as well.

Apart from Lachlan I will be there on my own so if anyone can lend a hand at any time, especially on the Thursday afternoon setting up, I would greatly appreciate it

• Informative 2

Hoping to go this year. It sounds like I might have a ride down but need a ride back to circa Brisbane, Jacobs Well, Caboolture ETC. Anyone have a spare seat?

Don't forget...anyone wanting anything specific from the Recreational Flying Clear Prop Shop please let me know ASAP so I can bring it up with me and put it away for you...support the shop which supports this site means many more extra features I can get going here for you...plus helps to pay the few thousand dollars it costs me each year on the web hosting 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I may be going.

Still not sure though.

If anyone can help though, couple of questions:

What time is the show supposed to start? Need to know for latest arrival time.

What time does it end and I leave? Just in case I am only a day tripper.

there is no real show to speak of, just a few routine displays throughout the day, aircraft coming and going all the time, if a display is on, you will be directed by unicom to hold approx 5 to 10 miles away. most, if not all that those who go to natfly for are on the ground. and in the aircraft parking areas. most activity during the day is aircraft departing and returning from demo/test flights.

I said 5 years ago when the Narromine move was on the table that a central/ northern NSW coastal location like Evans head would be the go. Over 80 percent of us live east of the great divide and this is more geographically central than Temora, yes- the Vic boys would complain but all the FNQ boys miss out except Maj,whose just a go getter.

A major change in thinking needs to happen if RA is to flourish again with a national fly in, especially in light of so many negatives in the organisation this year.

• Agree 1

I said 5 years ago when the Narromine move was on the table that a central/ northern NSW coastal location like Evans head would be the go. Over 80 percent of us live east of the great divide and this is more geographically central than Temora, yes- the Vic boys would complain but all the FNQ boys miss out except Maj,whose just a go getter.A major change in thinking needs to happen if RA is to flourish again with a national fly in, especially in light of so many negatives in the organisation this year.

And the chinese food is better at Evans Head than anywhere else!

• Like 1

Thanks.

Now I need a bit of info about parking........

If I am a day tripper, I know where the parking is from a couple of years back.

But if I am staying overnight, is it different? I would have a lot of stuff to get out of the plane and don't want to have to walk halfway around the field to get to/from the plane.

I'm thinking of going, but I'll have to drive ....

I haven't looked for accommodation yet either...

Might go Thursday evening after work... But idea only just posted with the missus yesterday... So it's about 10% chance of happening

Guest Escadrille

Well if RA Aus hasn't actioned your re registration 064_contract.gif.1ea95a0dc120e40d40f07339d6933f90.gif in time a lot of us will have to drive..so why bother going at all...I reckon SAAA will gain a lot more members because of this current fiasco...068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

I think we are going camping at Evans Head. I only found out about it yesterday on the phone. Just got home this afternoon from work, been away for two weeks. Anyway, I don't mind going if it keeps the other half happy, she sacrifices alot for me. I mean, I get to enjoy my aircraft hobbie with no complaints from her, Temora it is too far away IMO. Evans Head is only 1.5 hours away.

I think we are going camping at Evans Head. I only found out about it yesterday on the phone. Just got home this afternoon from work, been away for two weeks. Anyway, I don't mind going if it keeps the other half happy, she sacrifices alot for me. I mean, I get to enjoy my aircraft hobbie with no complaints from her, Temora it is too far away IMO. Evans Head is only 1.5 hours away.

It is nearly five hours from here, but I reckon the chinese feed at the bowling club at Evans Head is still nearly worth the drive.

• Like 1