Watch out for that......prop!

"Come with me"?

No, sit him down, start him drinking water to combat shock and get some pressure on to the damage immediately while directing someone to get appropriate help.

Never...EVER ...give anyone water whilst involved in an accident. Reason is, your throat goes in to shock and cant swallow, you may drown in a few sips of water.

Whats hardest, and I went through this tending to a terrible car accident after doing first aid not 3 weeks before...So glad i did.. all they wanted was water. everyone else that wanted to help said the same thing, i would of too.

Never...EVER ...give anyone water whilst involved in an accident. Reason is, your throat goes in to shock and cant swallow, you may drown in a few sips of water.Whats hardest, and I went through this tending to a terrible car accident after doing first aid not 3 weeks before...So glad i did.. all they wanted was water. everyone else that wanted to help said the same thing, i would of too.

More importantly giving water fills the stomach and may lead to drowning (aspiration pneumonia) if the person becomes unconscious and vomits.

Secondly the instant reaction to adrenaline from the accident will shutoff blood supply to the gastrointestinal tract to save blood and maintain blood pressure, and therefore absorption of the water will not occur anyway.

Finally there are increased risks during the intubation period (placing a breathing tube) from aspiration prior to surgery, and this is why you are usually asked to not eat or drink anything for 4-8 hrs prior to surgery.

Appropriate treatment:

DRSABCD

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh man.. that is just awful. I hope he did not loose the arm. The message is even more clearer that running an aircraft up around by standers is not a good mix at all.

Not really awfull is when peeps die from loss of blood. He was very lucky. It just clipped him

Ok, I retract my water statement because it doesn't fall into line with the official reccomended treatment which changes every few years.

Used to be WARTS by the way and something else before that, the acronyms change every few years as well.

Not really awfull is when peeps die from loss of blood. He was very lucky. It just clipped him

Hitting a prop does one or two things. Your either clip it like old mate and live to tell the tail. Or the prop drags you into the rotation and KILLS YOU when the next blade hits you. Fifty fifty

Hitting a prop does one or two things. Your either clip it like old mate and live to tell the tail. Or the prop drags you into the rotation and KILLS YOU when the next blade hits you. Fifty fifty

Two options eh, Bad and really bad.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would think eather would ruin your day/life.

• Agree 1

Yes I did notice those other guys smiling, I thought I was seeing things, why would you be smiling when someone has nearly cut of their arm...strange people in this world that's for sure...

David

• Agree 1

Guest GraemeM
Is it just me or did anyone else notice the big smile on old mate with the cowboy hats face? probably thinking "Yeehaa! wait till i tell the boys at work about this!"

Did anybody bother to view this direct from youtube so they could read the comments?

"photo.jpg

Johnny Vinje 2 weeks ago

I find it strange that people would say this but when I showed this to others (before publishing on YouTube) I had a number of people say exactly the the same thing.

"Why are the Mexicans smiling or Laughing?"...

Honestly no one is laughing. They are grimacing... almost feeling his pain... Everyone felt horrible... Tims ear was hanging off and you could see bone in his shoulder...

After driving him to the hospital I went out and drank WayTooMuch Tequila... and lost my iPhone"

Graeme.