New to RAA

coinz

Hello fellow aviators,just wishing to touch base,i live in Mackay (yes sunny Mackay where it never stops raining lately 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif ) . Have been out of flying for some years and just came back from a road trip (m/cycle rally at Inverell) and included a short flight in the Sierra at Taree.Awsome plane that,fantastic vis over the nose.

Anyway i've been looking to get into ownership and had been stuck on the Storch for years but who knows.

Any spare hangar space out Palmyra guys?

cheers

colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Colin, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif .

You reckon it`s been raining at Mackay! Here at Deeral, we`ve coped 12 inches/ 304.8 Millimetres just in the past two days!

Frank.

Hello Colin, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif .You reckon it`s been raining at Mackay! Here at Deeral, we`ve coped 12 inches/ 304.8 Millimetres just in the past two days!

Frank.

It's always beautiful weather in Deeral Frank! Hope you are keeping your feet dry, and more importantly, keeping your Drifter dry.

All the best.

Pud

All the best.Pud

Thanks Pud! To you and yours,also!

Havn`t been flying since the rain started a week ago and I`m getting withdrawal symptoms. bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Pud! To you and yours,also!Havn`t been flying since the rain started a week ago and I`m getting withdrawal symptoms. bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hello Colin, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif .You reckon it`s been raining at Mackay! Here at Deeral, we`ve coped 12 inches/ 304.8 Millimetres just in the past two days!

Frank.

Aw shucks Frank,i was just trying to make conversation.I don't really mind the wet up here.But the RA flyers are not to friendly up here.

Colin.

Welcome Colin. There are Motor cyclers here too. Haven't you found the RA flyers friendly? Let us know who they are and we will fix that. Perhaps the rain has dampened their enthusiasm. Nev

Hello Collin

Sorry mate be flying around Mackay & Rockhampton " old station flyin . So haven't been online

Welcome to the area and we also ride motorcycle in our spare time Canam spiders , & also try and fit in abit of hovercraft in there as well . Cheers and welcome mate

G'day Colin, Welcome to the wetsundays! Its still paradise here even when its raining, at least the rain is warm. We operate from our own stip called Heathrow, just south of Proserpine, drop in any time. For hangarage try Lake side Airpark at Bloomsbry Ph no in ERSA.

Cheers Ian 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Hi Colin, and welcome as well.

Sorry to hear that the local flyers are a bit, er,. . . not forthcoming with obvious social interfacement,. . . I find that hard to understand, as we're all into flying anyway. . . ? weird that. . . Welcome anyway, you won't get any problems on this forum, most of the blokes and blokettes on here are really close to human I've found. . . . . ( ! )

Phil

Good to see yet another motorcyclist aboard, Colin. Was the ride to Inverell for the Sapphire rally? I have happy memories of past runs.

I bet you noticed the roads getting worse as you entered NSW.

G'day mate.i fly out of palmyra, renting the schools sav where I did my cert. unfortunate there is no hangarage available there, all full of big shiny GA typed that get little use. there is an rv9 and hangar for sale if you have 140k though.

Haven't you found the RA flyers friendly? Let us know who they are and we will fix that.

Hey Nev, what did you have in mind? A good old beasting or a little re-education perhaps? 044_black_eye.gif.3f644b2ef49762a47134d3ce9ca82e5d.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Wow guys,i've been away for a few weeks and have just tuned in again to all these replies.I went to the "Old station"

flyin ,what a terrific event,and the Trojan and yak were kept working constantly.Can see an air show coming up soon

after that turnup.

Just returned from Cooktown and Cairns and got to see 2 Storch's,on the way back.I'll keep looking something will

turn up.

I've got a 1951 Royal Enfield 500 Twin,been an interest of mine for 40 years these early Twins,don't know why but i

love to get away on the odd Rally and catch up with like minded individuals,the Inverell rally is just one of many held

around the country.

Thanks for the offer of a hanger too,i'll be looking in to that one,will be a little busy from now on due to work at present.

regards

colin

Milz,yes i've been up through the Alps,from Midura down the Murray then up over the Alps and ended up at Mum's in

Pambula.Skiers out to the left of me,beautiful clear skies and about minus 10C,does it get any better:thumb up:

Hongie,if that's the blue Sav i've flown it that out at Nebo,i snuck some time in when it was out doing some flier training,

about 1.5 by memory.

cheers

colin