Pilot certificate card shortage?

nomadpete

Anyone else find that their pilot certificate renewal card didn't arrive?

My renewal was a paper copy only. There was a polite accompanying letter saying that 'due to unforseen circumstances, there is a shortage of plastic cards' and to use the paper renewal until the cards become available.

Peter

Anyone else find that their pilot certificate renewal card didn't arrive?My renewal was a paper copy only. There was a polite accompanying letter saying that 'due to unforseen circumstances, there is a shortage of plastic cards' and to use the paper renewal until the cards become available.

Peter

Nah! They went to all that trouble writing that polite letter just to irritate you! You must of upset someone! 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

• Caution 1

Anyone else find that their pilot certificate renewal card didn't arrive?My renewal was a paper copy only. There was a polite accompanying letter saying that 'due to unforseen circumstances, there is a shortage of plastic cards' and to use the paper renewal until the cards become available.

Peter

I got the same reply a couple weeks ago when I added an endorsement to mine, not too concerned about it though, have all the required paperwork.

OK, not really important I suppose. Just that a plastic pilot certificate card looks quite readable after it goes through the wash. Not so, a piece of paper !

Never mind 'peak oil'. Have we reached 'peak plastic cards' ?

Are these the same cards used for rego labels on aircraft?

Should not be short of those lately with so many aircraft waiting on rego!

• Agree 1

Are these the same cards used for rego labels on aircraft?Should not be short of those lately with so many aircraft waiting on rego!

We might be getting to the bottom of what has held up the regos now?

• Caution 1

Are these the same cards used for rego labels on aircraft?Should not be short of those lately with so many aircraft waiting on rego!

The base stock and size seems to be the same for both. Also has a very small identical number printed on the reverse side of both my cards - 9033-06/2011 whatever that means.

Pud

They might be waiting on the ones with the chip in them to make it easier to rake in the landing fees?

I thought the chip was for the swipe altimeters that will be fitted to all aircraft, so RAA can charge a rate per hour of flight time? Swipe machine also accepts CC so said flight time can be paid for .................................. in advance..............

Guest Maj Millard

Got my license letter, no card though...rego all done..........legal again.................Maj...gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

If I get a piece of paper in lieu of the card, first thing i will do is laminate that sucker! The little laminator in the office supply section at Woolies works a treat.

• Like 1

If I get a piece of paper in lieu of the card, first thing i will do is laminate that sucker! The little laminator in the office supply section at Woolies works a treat.

Doesn't store security come and put the skids under you for using it? I was reading the box on a terrabyte disk at big-W one-day, next thing I heard "security to section 5" on the PA, and before I knew it I had a frumpy shop assistant, still puffing, asking me if she could help me with anything.

• Haha 1

Doesn't store security come and put the skids under you for using it? I was reading the box on a terrabyte disk at big-W one-day, next thing I heard "security to section 5" on the PA, and before I knew it I had a frumpy shop assistant, still puffing, asking me if she could help me with anything.

Maybe you should stop wearing that hoodie when you go shopping !

My paper certificate arrived last mail, and very next mail my plastic card in another evelope with another copy of my certificate details, don't you just love efficiency, especially when you are helping pay the bills.

My paper certificate arrived last mail, and very next mail my plastic card in another evelope with another copy of my certificate details, don't you just love efficiency, especially when you are helping pay the bills.

I did better than that! I got two letters this morning, each had a new identical pilot certificate in it!! Seems everything is sorted at head office 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Thank you to our RAAus office staff. My plastic Pilot Certificate has arrived, accompanied by another paper copy of the pilot certificate. Pity that we have to collectively wear the expense of this associated rework by our office staff. They have more than enough work on their plate without having to mail things out twice. Multiply that by 8,000 members (or however many we really have) and it represents a lot of money and effort wasted. It's not the office staff to blame. I hope someone takes ownership of this wastage and puts some better processes into action.

• 3 years later...