Fuel Cards

Trying to get a handle on what fuel cards people find most useful, plan to cover a lot of the country in the next couple of years some am trying to cover all bases.

Brumby 08

Ok you've pushed me into it ;) - I have set up a poll in the Announcements/NOTAMS forum to gauge if there was enough interest in me organising discount fuel cards. If there is sufficient numbers then I will do it.

• 1 year later...

With fuel cards you really need three - Shell, BP and Mobil. Not sure on what the rules are but I think they are supposed to be tied to an a/c; something to do with restrictions on leaded fuel. Best bet is a crowd that give you all three with one account.

A discount setup would be even better.

• 1 year later...
Ok you've pushed me into it ;) - I have set up a poll in the Announcements/NOTAMS forum to gauge if there was enough interest in me organising discount fuel cards. If there is sufficient numbers then I will do it.

Any updates on the fuel cards??? will need one soon CheersT87

Guest Brett Campany

That's a great idea! We'll be in for one of those over here!

• 7 years later...

Hunting through old threads looking for suggestions on getting fuel cards, Many pumps accept Credit Card swipe....but not all. Drew a blank with anything recent so would appreciate some current feedback please.

I had Shell years ago and then they stopped it unless you used thousands of litres per year.

I think it is Skyfuel I have used or at least tried to use with Mastercard. That didn't work because Mastercard is dodgy.

I have changed to Visa, which I am told will work, but not used it yet.

The Mastercard left me twice at lonely airstrips unable to get fuel, luckily in both cases help was at hand.

• Helpful 1

Hunting through old threads looking for suggestions on getting fuel cards, Many pumps accept Credit Card swipe....but not all. Drew a blank with anything recent so would appreciate some current feedback please.

The trouble with these cards is they change so often.

The cards themselves go in and out and the discount systems chop and change ( mostly stop, lately). I had an aerorefuelers SAAA card but I think all the discounts have now been removed from it. Don't even know if it is valid anywhere anymore.

Shell cards are pretty much extinct now. Almost all ( if not all) of theirs accept standard credit and debit cards.

Mobil still have some bowsers that run on their cards.

I haven't used my BP card for years but it was an SAAA linked one and I think it's dead.

I do lots of long tips and my SOP is to phone all the likely fuel places along the way and find out what their current set up is. Even the ERSA is often wrong about current state of the art.

• Helpful 4

I could never understand why they wont work together like automotive cards.That is your card will work on all pumps but discount only on named card.

Chas

More and more servos up in my neck of the woods have signs saying " sorry but we do not accept xxx fuel cards" or similar. So I think that is a disappearing system as well.

The only sensible way forward for everyone is convert them all over to normal credit and debit cards.

• Agree 3