Cheap avgas

Read this snippet today

Six gas stations in N.J. allegedly sold avgas

Six gas stations in New Jersey have been accused by state Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa of selling 100-octane aviation fuel in place of unleaded automobile gas in early December. Avgas contains tetraethyl lead that can damage the catalytic converters and oxygen sensors of a car and is also extremely toxic. "We allege that these gas stations clearly knew, or should have known, they were selling aviation fuel that contains toxic lead, while advertising it as unleaded gasoline for motorists," the attorney general said.

Off topic, the citabria in the pic seems to have a rather sorry looking stance, I wonder what the story behind that is, unless he was just keen to get some cheap fuel and threw it on the ground a bit aggressively !

Six gas stations in N.J. allegedly sold avgas...

I love the Yanks but they are, what is it - highly strung? Let's say not so laid back anymore. There is a servo not far from work that sells avgas & has done for ages, kinda expensive avgas but I'm pretty sure is isn't going into aircraft. No-one has died because they sell avgas... now who'da thunk AU would be the new land of the free? 058_what_the.gif.7624c875a1b9fa78348ad40493faf23c.gif Well, on that one point only I guess.

Sagging a bit from the full tanks and 1/2 dozen Gerry cans.......LOL:laugh:

I think you might be referring to JERRY CANS . . . . .since these were invented by the JERMANS. . . . . . ? And . . by the way, we have a Citabria AND a Decathlon, both of which sit a bit doolally on the main gear. . . .( probably from training too many tricycle undercart pilots . . . ?) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Phil

I think you might be referring to JERRY CANS . . . . .since these were invented by the JERMANS. . . . . . ? And . . by the way, we have a Citabria AND a Decathlon, both of which sit a bit doolally on the main gear. . . .( probably from training too many tricycle undercart pilots . . . ?) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Phil

Yeh I've got a bit of time in both ,the one in the pic does look like its had a hard life!

I think it gramatically incorrect to put 'cheap' and 'avgas' in the same sentence

It's no a grammatical error. It's an oxymoron - a phrase in which the adjective is inconsistent with the meaning of the noun, like "honest politician", CASA Help desk, President resigns.

OME

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's no a grammatical error. It's an oxymoron - a phrase in which the adjective is inconsistent with the meaning of the noun, like "honest politician", CASA Help desk, President resigns.OME

not forgetting..."military intelligence"...."almost unique" etc

• Like 2

I think you might be referring to JERRY CANS . . . . .since these were invented by the JERMANS. . . . . . ? And . . by the way, we have a Citabria AND a Decathlon, both of which sit a bit doolally on the main gear. . . .( probably from training too many tricycle undercart pilots . . . ?) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Phil

I just did the bungees on my Auster because it was sitting a bit like that on one side. Certainly put the bounce back into the old girl!

Kaz

• Like 1

I just did the bungees on my Auster because it was sitting a bit like that on one side. Certainly put the bounce back into the old girl!Kaz

Yep. . .I agree most wholeheartedly. . .if a taildragger can't BOUNCE properly. . .then what's the point ? ? ?

• 2 weeks later...
It's no a grammatical error. It's an oxymoron - a phrase in which the adjective is inconsistent with the meaning of the noun, like "honest politician", CASA Help desk, President resigns.OME

I actually witnessed the immediate aftermath of this procedure in Papua New Guinea in the seventies, . . . in that a trainee, around ooh, I dunno, he could have been around thirty'ish years old maybe. . was taught ( on the ground ) how to "Gas-Axe" through a steel RSJ, and a few other test pieces of metal, using an oxy-acetylene torch set up for cutting.

The next day he broke his left leg falling off the end of a bolted roof purlin which he had been sitting on,. . . and gas-axed the over-length section off, but whilst sitting on the outer end of it. ( I only saw him fall the fifteen odd feet to the deck,. . . . . . Honestly, I didn't watch him actually DO it. ) {Commonsense should not be EXPECTED, and only comes after SOME training methinks}

D'yer think that this would this rate as an. . . ( wait for it ) OXY MORON ? [ OK, Maybe more like a poor industrial instructor. . .! ]

Phil.

( I can't fly but I'm telling you, I've recently been eating great steak from a . . . .Kangaroo. )

In a popular London restaurant too. . . . . )

• Haha 1

D'yer think that this would this rate as an. . . ( wait for it ) OXY MORON ? Phil.

Call the International War Crimes Commission! That's definately a case of "Cruel and Unusual PUNishment"

OME

• Like 1