RAAus Executive Resignations

Admin

On Thursday and Friday of this week the Association’s remaining Executive members, Paul Middleton and Ed Herring, resigned their positions as Secretary and President, respectively. Both have elected to remain on as Board members. As a consequence, nominations have been called for suitably qualified and experienced Directors wishing to fill the three Executive vacancies (i.e. President, Secretary and Treasurer) on an interim basis, through until the September Board Meeting. It’s hoped these appointments can be finalised quickly, CASA having been kept fully apprised of these developments.

Mark Clayton

General Manager

• Caution 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know of Ed Herring's reasons - but I feel that RAA members are owed a decent (and convincing) explanation from Middleton, who has effectively dumped the organisation in the deep merde, head downwards, while retaining his power base as a Board member.

I find it difficult to believe that this is anything other than a deeply cynical and manipulative move from the (ex)-Secretary, to get himself out from under the weight of ordure amassing, and as a Member from his region I most assuredly will NOT be voting for his continuation on the Board - we deserve better than this!.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

Well there'll be different people in the hot seats facing the wroth of the members. I pity them.

But they won't be the people who heated the seats, will they. They may recieve similar considerations to those extended to Wayne Matthews, he seems to be being cut enough slack by the wrathful membership to get onto turning around the seat heater.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

and jamel, the people who are agreeing with SA know what the real situation is.

However rules are rules! One man is not greater than the collective however good he may be or his decisions are, perhaps the rules need changing? IMHO the system is past its use by date, too many big fish in a little pond.

Guest SAJabiruflyer
and jamel, the people who are agreeing with SA know what the real situation is.

Well put turboplanner. You took the time to do your own research and made the effort to talk to our now ex-President directly. If only more members of this Forum would do the same, there might be less chest-beating and mass-debating and more "What can we do to help" gagged.gif.60d96579bce4672c685d482e13fb64dd.gif

*disclaimer. No Forum Members integrity or sense of self were harmed in the making of this comment taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif

So that's a reason to sit back and let others control your life pm?

I'd say probably 9,980 have thought the way you did, while all the time the lines were open to get facts rather than disinformation.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

So that's a reason to sit back and let others control your life pm?I'd say probably 9,980 have thought the way you did, while all the time the lines were open to get facts rather than disinformation.

Doesn't seem that hard to put a notice on the raa website for all members to get the information at the same time, but your right, 10,000 members could all call and find out the details.

• Like 2