RAAus Executive Resignations

Admin

Thanks DI. The poor board communication leads people to contact their rep or someone they know and get a partial story or a biased story. In a public company selective briefing of shareholders is highly illegal for obvious reasons. I think it is most undesirable here too. Any information about "board" matters should come out regularly and officially. What happens in their meetings, who voted for or said what, must remain confidential otherwise members will be afraid to vote or speak for the common good. I think the "leaky board" is at the root of our problems. And I use the word board deliberately - whatever the structure and constitution might be, good governance demands that our elected representatives behave as a board. What happens within a board meeting is confidential, the outcomes are not.

• Agree 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DI. The poor board communication leads people to contact their rep or someone they know and get a partial story or a biased story. In a public company selective briefing of shareholders is highly illegal for obvious reasons. I think it is most undesirable here too. Any information about "board" matters should come out regularly and officially. What happens in their meetings, who voted for or said what, must remain confidential otherwise members will be afraid to vote or speak for the common good. I think the "leaky board" is at the root of our problems. And I use the word board deliberately - whatever the structure and constitution might be, good governance demands that our elected representatives behave as a board. What happens within a board meeting is confidential, the outcomes are not.

The Board are elected by the members to represent the members and report back to the members. Somehow this is lost on a few of them.

• Agree 1

IHowever, I think SAJ might have enough information that eventually he will not be judged either trite or shallow.

I hope so. It does seem that there is information out there but neither the organisation or those that have the information feel that it can be widely distributed.

"Eventually" we may be able to judge the situation. Chris

Or, as the "Funny" icon is right next to the "like" icon, it is entirely possible that a slip of the mouse was the issue and it appears you cannot undo the selection.Why do people always assume the worst of others?

RE

I don't think you are correct. Any "Like" that you give can readily be undone by clicking on the "Undo Like" wording that replaces the "Like" symbols after you have given one.

• Agree 2
  • Helpful 1

Selective briefing of shareholders would only be a problem where shares are traded (for profit)and an insider trader might be accused of operating. Our reps are supposed to represent US and I presume keeping us informed (when we seek it at least) would be considered normal and appropriate. Nev

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

R Eastwood. My comment was not directed at any current postings, but a trend that I had observed over time. IF I want it to apply to any specific person I will make that clear and not hide the fact of who I am referring to.

I do often look who TAGS my posts and am very satisfied when someone who I really value opinions from takes the time to add one. Since I appreciate it I presume others do too and I have been supporting others contributions to the forum that way more than I perhaps used to.. It's a great feature of Ians forum and I miss it when I am on other places where it could benefit too. It's a good form of feed back that lets you know if you are getting across to people. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Never posted on Pprune turbs. The small amount of good stuff is crowded out by a barrage of what looks close to being the ravings of severely disturbed people who are supposed to be drivers of airliners in this country. Maybe it is just GOD pretending to be an airline pilot. Nev

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Maj Millard

Bit like this thread at times Facto, rather then the 'real' ultralight pilots that I thought we all were, of times past. We at times sound just like a whinging bunch of ex-frustrated GA pilots, who used to hang around the aeroclubs and drove us all to ULs in the first place.....................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I don't have the answer Maj. As Mal Fraser said Life wasn't meant to be easy. We seem to have a propensity for making things that should be simple, complex. Good night all.. Nev

• Agree 1

Your quite right Rat, I just gave your post a Funny, reread it, wasn't funny at all, the undo like was instant. I think the proximity to the like button was just an excuse!

Actually, I didn't see that, just tried it myself and it works! Well there you go!

But rankamateur, you still have to have a dig and say it was an excuse! What about giving people the benefit of the doubt?

• Informative 1

I summed up the benefit of my considerable doubts in post #26, I am not making excuses for how I feel about the disease consuming our organisation, if those who represent us, act in our best interests, within our constitution, our organisation will begin to grow and prosper once again. Until then I will have doubts.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be rocket science. It's the human factor that complicates it. You only have to work together and work within the rules (and INTENT) and you get progress. If you can contain ego's it must be a good start. Nev

• Agree 2

If you can contain ego's it must be a good start. Nev

They should have a box a the door for every meeting, leave the egos in the box until the meeting is over, the world would be a better place.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

They should have a box a the door for every meeting, leave the egos in the box until the meeting is over, the world would be a better place.

WAY too many shipping containers needed......

• Winner 1

Notice something about this thread....

There is no heated debate, very little passion, much quieter than some other threads. So far I just get the feeling that there is not all that much to be said about the resignations.

I am waiting with baited breath for the next development.

It

Notice something about this thread....There is no heated debate, very little passion, much quieter than some other threads. So far I just get the feeling that there is not all that much to be said about the resignations.

I am waiting with baited breath for the next development.[/quoteIt's better than d

"Days of our lives" 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Ps I have lots of trouble Accidently hitting likes, etc. when using iPad as right thumb brushes over.

Been caught a couple of times 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

• Caution 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Ji, thanks for your post. I will get back to you with a proper response in due course.Kind Regards

SA

Even Ghandi said "a man has to sleep"

True. But why answer with "I'll get back to you"?It sounds like "I need to take inztruction on this qvestion" ( preferably spoken in a Russian accent!)

dodo

Thanks Jabiru Phil.

Dodo - I run a business. It's EOFY time. I'm busy. I acknowledged the response of Jim Tatlock and let him know that I would get back to him. As it stands, having just logged back on, I wonder why I bother, when i'm greeted with such comments as yours. Nothings changed on Forums since the days of BBS's, yet I still come back. God knows why.

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Were it a simple (and irreversible) slip of the mouse, would not an immediate repost rectify the un-intended?Why do people always assume I'm too stupid not to recognize the obvious?

Captain states that SAJ's contributions are now devalued and are trite & Shallow.Facthunter states that if not followed by an explanation, then it is abuse (and SAJ's post was not followed by an explanation).

My point was that the "Funny" icon could have been clicked by mistake, both you and captain assumed it wasn't and therefor thought badly of SAJ. Of course my last comment was a generalisation and was more rhetorical than accusatory.

To the SAJabiruFryerYou received the above serious and considered response from an existing Board Member and you rated it as "FUNNY"?

This very much devalues your contributions to this thread and shows your responses as trite & shallow, in my opinion.

Regards Geoff

Yeah... ok.

Thanks REastwood, breath of fresh air :)

. Geoff/Captain - really? Again, I wonder why I bother when i'm greeted after a short absence, with such a response. I'm not even going to bother defending or explaining accidental clicks of the wrong button. It seems you (and some others) are so quick to jump on your keyboards in Attack Mode. *sigh*

Guest SAJabiruflyer
SA and Turbo did you speak to other board members? Or just the one that made the decisions? Do you not think board members also spoke to the Ex-President and were not satisfied? Is it possible you have only one side of the story?Wasn't it suggested we would be shut down weeks ago, hence the emergency? Are we shut down? Will it happen tomorrow? No.

These forums are sometimes incorrectly spooked by the doomsday prepers. You encourage members to get the facts themselves however I suspect you do not have them.

If we run the organisation correctly, comply with CASA requirements, follow the constitution we should be around forever. If we don't do the right thing we wont be!

Regards,

Jim Tatlock.

Victorian State Representative Ra-Aus

Hi Jim. I still havent had time to pen the indepth response I feel this deserves. I write this in between closing off my books for EOFY and performing the work I do. But briefly, your last line is 100% correct, and thanks for your input.

Notice something about this thread....There is no heated debate, very little passion, much quieter than some other threads. So far I just get the feeling that there is not all that much to be said about the resignations.

I am waiting with baited breath for the next development.

Perhaps ,like me, most are just over the whole thing!

Those who are not RAA members probably are, but spare a thought for the importer who's just signed a contract to deliver an aircraft in six months time, or a flying school which needs weekly income.