Brumby owner the new MHR for Mallee?

poteroo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to happen more often to those who portray the high moral religious ground. He voted against same sex marriage, and stated that he was a strong Christian. Sounds like he should have become a Priest. Based on what has been unearthed about a multitude of those he'd be right at home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Maybe in the past. I  think in the recent state elections an independent got in. Nev

Shepparton re-elected Suzanna Sheed as Independent for our region.

Last time she tipped out the incumbent National who had a 17% margin and thought she owned the seat. Nationals had decades of representation both State and Federal but took support for granted. Sheed has won large lumps of money from ALP since...hospital building program, new court house, rail upgrades, water guarantee, new schools....heaps! We got nothing when we were a “safe” seat.

kaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

To give credit to him, at least he's copped it on the chin and accepted the consequences (when it became public).  Most of them deny everything and have to be dragged away from the trough kicking and squealing.

I don't know what's happening in his home life, maybe the marriage is on the rocks (probably more so now!), the pressure got to him, who knows.  Probably a bit stupid to go for a sugar baby instead of an outright professional - it's the same thing in any case, you're buying the time of a young lady who wouldn't look twice at you if you didn't pay for her time, with the object of getting your leg over - but the professional would probably have taken his money and forgot about him in two minutes, instead of selling the story to No Idea.   My point is though that everyone makes silly mistakes, he's made his and taken his licks, I'm not going to lay the boot in. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Being moderately intelligent and able to perform the job should be a prerequisite for being in the Parliament.. You should avoid behavior that would render you likely to be "compromised" by anyone. That requires intelligence, but not that much. Nev

• Like 1

Am I missing something?

If a bloke puts himself up to his peers as an upholder of their common morality and is then chosen by his peers to represent them in government, why does he abandon that morality soon after leaving his home ground?

Why do politicians play the 'honest, happily married, family bloke' while touting for your vote at election time, then as soon as they stick their bums on the parliamentary leather, start searching for ways to obtain, corruptly, financial gains and seek out partners for extra-marital sexual gratification? If one of the blokes in your social circle flipped like that, he'd be sent to Coventry pretty damned quick. 

No wonder people say Ned Kelly was a Gentleman.

• Like 1

What's even worse, OME, is that if even one of these current scandals had been associated with a Labor government, the media would have hounded them out of office.

Methinks a very different standard of behaviour is applied to those who were born to govern.

Standards are for others, not the Born to rule types. I write it off as lack of adequate available intelligence so bye bye bird, er broady. The blokes at the pub will welcome with an "abott style" wink, and a slap on the back saying the only error was to be found out and "WE "real" people (Blokes) know about this stuff.. and Sheila's love real blokes. His wife will need a real sense of humour as this has made her loving husband quite famous and an obvious hypocrite in view of his previous attitude on Gays and Bonerby. for a start. As a pollie, you are a public figure. Generally they say "any  exposure" is good as you GET KNOWN. Perhaps NOT in this instance..  It's enough to make a Saint swear.  I'll bet Shouty is fuming.. Where the bloody hell are you, God?. Nev

What was that joke when they were the Country Party... you had the Young Libs, the Young Labs, and the Young C....

I don't excuse the hypocrisy, I just think there's far worse creatures in that particular cesspool.

What's even worse, OME, is that if even one of these current scandals had been associated with a Labor government, the media would have hounded them out of office.

Methinks a very different standard of behaviour is applied to those who were born to govern.

I think the media have protected several members of your party, the most famous being Bob Hawke who was described, in Parliament, by another member as a "Boudoir Bandicoot". The press reported it but there was a shrug from the community. Given that members of Parliament are elected from their peers, that was not such a surprising result.

Both the Murdoch and Fairfax press are certainly going after the Liberal and National members.

The Labor initiative to reduce the majority by having members who were technically born elsewhere backfired somewhat but still reduced the majority compared to other Parliaments. Ironically the first Labor Prime Minister was not entitled to hold office but it was kept quiet.

The press has pretty much made sure the polls are uniformly bad by attacking each new Prime Minister from the day he was appointed, disregarding the fact that they have only been able to govern by doing deals with the independent parties, with the result that legislation is prostituted instead of reflecting Party policy. You could argue that it would be more honourable to call an election to get a decent majority

The press did the same with the Rudd and Gillard governments.

They were only able to do it because there were base faults and infighting there.

It's likely to start again on the Labor Party in Victoria where the OPP is currently deciding on whether to prosecute up to 29 Labor Members of Parliament and/or staff for allegations around using taxpayer funds for an election campaign.

While all this may be very exciting for some people it's leaving Australia's trail of Federal Government looking like the result of a drunken dog piddling down the street.

IMG_3740.thumb.JPG.d10ccffde4b60fc1441706ec3c44b0f1.JPG

• Informative 1

I think the media have protected several members of your party,..

Not my party, Turbs. But you're right, the media has not gone after a few ALP policiians who probably deserved it.

However, it's clear that the current Coal-ition government has not copped near the flack they should have, especially compared to the fury endured by Julia Gillard during her quite successful term as PM.

• Agree 2

Bob Hawke never pretended to be a paragon of virtue although his behaviour during the Pilot  Strike left quite a few union members asking when Hawke, NewsCorp and Abels were going to come after them for standing in the way of the mates.

• Agree 2

Just a "small" correction there. It was  a work to "Rules" (no doubt unpopular but to get negotiations going)  which rapidly became a complete cancellation of the existing work contract by a "fake " court called over a weekend. and a lock out unless you agreed to work  under a contract Bill Kelty prepared that was by any measure completely unacceptable...  Nev

• Agree 3