I bought a Jeep!

bexrbetter

I'd have a ww2 willys in a second Matty

I went to a local market a couple of years ago out in the country, and a young guy had rebuilt one but hand painted it, so it looked daggy. I stood there going over it for 15 minutes or so, and was too stupid to buy it for the few hundred he wanted.

Naturally I realised that a couple of days after I got home and now wouldn't have a chance of finding him again, ranks with selling my Vincent for $38.00 and not buy a T Model Ford in original garaged condition for $500.00.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I went to a local market a couple of years ago out in the country, and a young guy had rebuilt one but hand painted it, so it looked daggy. I stood there going over it for 15 minutes or so, and was too stupid to buy it for the few hundred he wanted.Naturally I realised that a couple of days after I got home and now wouldn't have a chance of finding him again, ranks with selling my Vincent for $38.00 and not buy a T Model Ford in original garaged condition for $500.00.

Don't get Turbo to manage your Super Fund.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I went to a local market a couple of years ago out in the country, and a young guy had rebuilt one but hand painted it, so it looked daggy. I stood there going over it for 15 minutes or so, and was too stupid to buy it for the few hundred he wanted.Naturally I realised that a couple of days after I got home and now wouldn't have a chance of finding him again, ranks with selling my Vincent for $38.00 and not buy a T Model Ford in original garaged condition for $500.00.

Turbs, do I assume that after "going over" (and ultimately rejecting) a country boy's hand-painted willy for 15 minutes you then moved to the 'face painting' stall and concluded a deal? gagged.gif.60d96579bce4672c685d482e13fb64dd.gif

• Haha 5
  • Winner 1

My Dad has a cab chassis version of one of these cool things. Love the V grill Willy's Jeep.

That one's almost old enough to have been captured by the Japanese Tomo.

There were lots on properties and I never heard a bad word about them. This was pre Land Cruiser days, and they could have been king in Australia, except that International Harvester decided to put a 4x4 in the AA Line.

It was a 3/4 tonne pickup 4x4 and had the big six cylinder Blue Diamond engine which went in everything up to the semi trailers.

In the little AA110 it produced a top speed of 160 km/hr, but at the penalty of about 4 MPG (70 litres/100 km, 1.42 km/litre)

- This link is to the US A 120 which was very similar.

The Jeep team used to be a common sight at military displays. Pull a jeep in pieces out of a box, assemble it, drive it about 50yards in under 3 minutes. It was seen at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo for years until they got all poncy with dancing girls and police bands. The Artillery used to put on a good display with gun carriages, Signals with motor bikes and marines with rope work.

• Like 1

...International Harvester decided to put a 4x4 in the AA Line.It was a 3/4 tonne pickup 4x4 and had the big six cylinder Blue Diamond engine which went in everything up to the semi trailers.

In the little AA110 it produced a top speed of 160 km/hr, but at the penalty of about 4 MPG (70 litres/100 km, 1.42 km/litre)...

In the mid 60's a couple of my uncles had those Inter 4WDs. At one time it seemed all the young blades drove one. Petrol was cheap.