Wellcamp

Yenn

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$16 a tonne, min charge $60.Parking min $30 a day.

All ex GST.

The minimum you put is for rotary aircraft. Fixed wing minimum charge is $200.

Got through, she is emailing me yhe costs, and said they *should* have been on the website.

Interesting that you'd have heard that prior to about 1700 today (EDIT: yesterday... the clock ticked past midnight as I wrote this)... the info you were told *should* have been on the website was and is on the new site... it wasn't launched until this afternoon, however.

Those discussing the lack of detail on the site maybe could consider the site was set up for the lead-up to now. Launching a site like the one you'll now see (be sure to refresh, ladies and gents) is not something that can be done in a short time-frame.

Anyway... the site, as discussed up until the post preceding this one is not the site that now will appear. Have a look around. Enjoy.

Looks like the Wagner magic is headed down south...

"Tony Abbott calls himself the infrastructure prime minister – well, he should start building some infrastructure," said John Wagner, the chairman of construction company Wagners, at the opening of its $200 million Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport in Toowoomba on Monday.

While Sydney waits for a second airport decades after it was first mooted, the Wagner family has constructed their airport in the space of just 19 months and 11 days.

Mr Wagner said his family company was "absolutely" keen to play a role in building an airport at Badgerys Creek but had yet to have any serious talks with government or other interested parties.

All aboard: The first flight has arrived at Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport. Photo: Supplied

"It is too early, and they will still be talking about this for years to come. When it's ready to go we will start those conversations," he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/aviation/brisbane-west-wellcamp-airport-builders-wagners-have-infrastructure-advice-for-tony-abbott-20141117-11o9t6.html

About 20 years ago Kalgoorlie needed a new bypass road. It was tied up in red tape and no funding, no planning approval. So local mining contractors got together and built it over a few days at their cost. Sometimes you have to cut through the cr@p.

• Like 3

About 20 years ago Kalgoorlie needed a new bypass road. It was tied up in red tape and no funding, no planning approval. So local mining contractors got together and built it over a few days at their cost. Sometimes you have to cut through the cr@p.

The big problem with infrastructure in regional areas is it doesn't get any votes: the ppl that benefit return the same National Party deadwood regardless.

Rec Fly is more than just wild accusations about jab and casa TP. I knew you where keen to know when you could invest in the booming Toowoomba area.

I love how journos are now referring to the 150km taxi ride from Wellcamp to Brisbane, that's some quality journalism alright.

Rec Fly is more than just wild accusations about jab and casa TP. I knew you where keen to know when you could invest in the booming Toowoomba area.I love how journos are now referring to the 150km taxi ride from Wellcamp to Brisbane, that's some quality journalism alright.

What do you expect from that left wing Murdoch press.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/brisbane-west-wellcamp-airport-is-up-and-running/story-e6frg95x-1227137361813?sv=ea26c75cae58841ce0f4912971d7fba5#.VHfw4uo0u3Q.twitter

JOHN Wagner and his brothers have built their airfield of dreams and the big question now is: will they come?

Wagner has secured 11 QantasLink flights a week for the whimsically named Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport and Regional Express will arrive in January as part of a government-backed service.

But a couple of Q400s a day and a Saab 340 service will hardly see the Boeing 747-capable runway and impressive adjacent terminal overused.

Add to that the fact Wagner is a confessed airport neophyte.

“I’m under no illusion,’’ he says. “We’ve only been going for five minutes and I know bugger-all about airports. So I don’t profess to know it all.