Ultralight crash nsw

or a helpful iPad that just knows so much better than the writer what you really wanted to say........

Yup, I was caught out by the dreaded IPad telling me what I should have typed instead of what I meant to type. Stupid Ipad.

• Agree 2

The thing is, being a aviator is more involved than just learning stick and rudder skills. There is a whole lot of new words and acronyms to learn as well. Even though recreational aviation is just that, something people do for recreation. It shouldn't dumbed down by people who couldn't be bothered learning about aviation terminology, it make RAA pilots look unprofessional IMO.

How sad to see the dumbing down of our sport.

• Like 1

This from a pilot friend of mine who lives in the area.

"We had an ultralight crash up here today. The Drifter did a couple of circuits at a difficult private airstrip which is more like a wheelbarrow track and stalled and hit a tree. He landed upside down, inverted, unconscious, badly hurt & hanging by his trapped feet. He got taken to Gold Coast Hospital by the rescue chopper. I haven't had an update. That strip is uphill to the north and there is an amphitheatre of high ground at the northern end. I think he got a downdraft over the hill and was caught out."

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 1