Sir Phillip of Australia

Gnarly Gnu

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are really precious Dazza. I doubt you know anything about Victorian politics. Just keep reading the Courier Mail and believe what Rupee tells you..Nev

I don't read the Courier Mail or any of the other news papers, but I have a lot of friends from Victoria ( I was born in Vic ) who let me know how the muppets are going.

• Haha 1

Do you mean like the Victorians voting in Labor a few months ago.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Nope, like the Queenslanders who voted in that idiot Newman and his thugs. Luckily it looks like they've realised their mistake, he's lost his seat and there's a 13% swing to Labor...

• Like 1

Well, the Queenslanders seem to have had a big rethink. They had a bigger swing than a batsman in the Big Bash League.

So what you're saying is that the federal Labor government didn't have budget deficits and was the cause of most of Australia's debt ? Are you sure? I would do some research before answering my question if I was you.

I was referring to Malcolm Fraser's gang white anting the duly elected government lead by E G Whitlam (RIP). I will admit that Krudd should have been reigned in.

OME

I don't read the Courier Mail or any of the other news papers, but I have a lot of friends from Victoria ( I was born in Vic ) who let me know how the muppets are going.

Whereabouts in Vic were you born Dazza just for interest sake.

• Haha 1

That may well be the case. I feel a bit sorry for Prince Phillip. He didn't ask for any of this and is caught up in a scheme to provide out worst PM ever with a knighthood , for the great work he has done for the Queen who he swore allegiance to rather than the people of Australia at his swearing in. At some stage he has had dual citizenship which makes him ineligible to hold a seat in the Australian Parliament. FOI request have been unsuccessful in finding out the true status of his citizenship at this point in time. Nev

In the excitement of the attacks, one of the original reasons for his award seems to have been forgotten.

From memory I think he is Patron of 1800 Australian organizations, that is 1800 Australian organizations involving tens of thousands of people chose Prince Phillip to be their patron.

If he was just thanking them for their AGM reports, that would involve signing about seven letters a day, something I could do without, and I'm sure he would have been involved in other work where he was interested.

So it's really a harmless "Thank You" from Australia.

It certainly wasn't the smartest strategic political move around, I'd agree, and it has had consequences.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Do they have snow toboggans there Daz?

I don't think they have snow toboggans, Rosebud is a seaside town on the Mornington Peninsula . I was actually born in Frankston Hospital. I left Victoria when I was 5 years old.

I don't think they have snow toboggans, Rosebud is a seaside town on the Mornington Peninsula . I was actually born in Frankston Hospital. I left Victoria when I was 5 years old.

Dazza,

Always new there was something good about you, now being a Victorian it shows .

Alf

Dazza,Always new there was something good about you, now being a Victorian it shows .

Alf

Ha ha thanks Alf, as I get older and the QLD heat gets to me, I wouldn't mind heading back one day. My mum side of the family comes from Lakes Entrance.

• Like 1

Ha ha thanks Alf, as I get older and the QLD heat gets to me, I wouldn't mind heading back one day. My mum side of the family comes from Lakes Entrance.

My parents are in Lakes Entrance, been there 25 years, I am about 1:10 minutes away from there.

Yep you can keep QLD and it's humidity, I love it here

• Agree 1

Big swing here in Qld. In with the old and out with the new. Labor had us severely in debt. Newman wanted to sell or lease off all the assets, so that they could make more infrastructure. Is that to be sold in the future. He said even if Libs won there would be none of the promised goodies unless his party was in power in that electorate. Independents were especially mentioned. The reef was going to be ruined with dredge spoil. Just like what happened to the fish in Gladstone harbour. The laughable side to all of it is that the LNP couldn't see that they were setting themselves up to be a laughing stock. No doubt Labor won't be any better in the future.

The real sad thing is that all the electorate dislikes some of the parts of each party, but there is no way to keep the good bits and chuck out the others, irrespective of the parties involved. for true democracy we should be voting on all legislation. It is possible now with computers and the internet. That way we could keep the politicians out of politics.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Big swing here in Qld. In with the old and out with the new. Labor had us severely in debt. Newman wanted to sell or lease off all the assets, so that they could make more infrastructure. Is that to be sold in the future. He said even if Libs won there would be none of the promised goodies unless his party was in power in that electorate. Independents were especially mentioned. The reef was going to be ruined with dredge spoil. Just like what happened to the fish in Gladstone harbour. The laughable side to all of it is that the LNP couldn't see that they were setting themselves up to be a laughing stock. No doubt Labor won't be any better in the future.The real sad thing is that all the electorate dislikes some of the parts of each party, but there is no way to keep the good bits and chuck out the others, irrespective of the parties involved. for true democracy we should be voting on all legislation. It is possible now with computers and the internet. That way we could keep the politicians out of politics.

Kind of agree with you Yenn, but then who drafts the legislation? What about all the loopholes? It may end up being even worse than an elected government with absolutely nothing happening.

I read a novel once where the US President was picked at random. Perhaps Parliament could be like jury duty - random members of public with no criminal record picked to serve for a term of 4 years. Compulsory 6-month training in the workings of government then go for it. Removes the advertising, factions, pork-barrelling, lobby groups, corruption, party politics.

...Perhaps Parliament could be like jury duty - random members of public with no criminal record picked to serve for a term of 4 years...

Remember Marty, that juries decided some of those ridiculous damages cases against Cessna, etc.

It's bad enough to have them in a court room, but would you want the whole country run by a bunch of people too dumb to escape jury duty?

Remember Marty, that juries decided some of those ridiculous damages cases against Cessna, etc.It's bad enough to have them in a court room, but would you want the whole country run by a bunch of people too dumb to escape jury duty?

Fair enough, add an IQ test.

Point is, you'd get a group with a far greater range of life experience than the bunch of ex-staffers, ex-lawyers, ex-activists and ex-union leaders that you get now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1