Sir Phillip of Australia

Gnarly Gnu

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're getting as bad as FT Marty. Don't you remember? Turnbull WAS the leader and he was booted out by his colleagues because of his ego. That's not likely to go away.

I thought he lost the spill because his views weren't conservative enough for the hardliners. If the others pay slightly more attention to the great unwashed than their current handbrake does, they'd realise he's their best chance.

• Agree 3

Unfortunately politics isn't as simple as a pretty face. The cross section of portfolios is huge, the amount of policies and decisions required for the heavy flow of legislation requires a very wide-view absorption ability, and the ability to be able to motivate many people to prepare it, and many opposition members to believe in it and ease it through, in order to get a result which gets a strong support from voters. That hasn't happened in recent years.

Unfortunately politics isn't as simple as a pretty face. The cross section of portfolios is huge, the amount of policies and decisions required for the heavy flow of legislation requires a very wide-view absorption ability, and the ability to be able to motivate many people to prepare it, and many opposition members to believe in it and ease it through, in order to get a result which gets a strong support from voters. That hasn't happened in recent years.

There's a pretty face in the parliament??

Depends whether Rupee wants him and Credlin. I doubt he will dump Credlin. The "show" looks like imploding eventually. They HATE Turdy. Nev

Reckon something's going on between Tony and Peta? She restricts access to him, has control over who he talks to and what he says, and goes everywhere with him.

Sounds like a marriage to me!

Abbott put his foot in it again on 3/2/15 when he told reporters in Sydney,

"The people of Australia elected me as Prime Minister and they elected my government to get on with the job of governing our country."

Sorry, Tony, but it was only the people of your electorate who sent you to Canberra as their representative. You were not elected as the Prime Minister by a majority of the whole population. You were elected to lead the parliamentary wing of the Liberal Party, so don't try claiming that your right to be leader comes from the whole electorate. Maybe the Liberal voters in another electorates wanted their local representative to be leader. Your leadership position is as secure as your popularity makes you.

Old Man Emu

• Agree 2