Sir Phillip of Australia

Gnarly Gnu

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.” Prince Phillip at a 1986 meeting of the World Wildlife Fund.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is so right. The Cantonese will eat it.

That doesn't mean he should have been made an Australian knight.

Now that Abbot has re introduced knighthoods, pobably so that he can get one when he is thrown out. We should look at what they mean.

The Order of Australia was bastardised when it was given to an Indonesian General, who was later shown to be involved in atrocities, and the given to a US General, who has been discredited by the Yanks.

Those handouts of glory mean very little to Australians. I onder what Philip thinks of it.

The other knighthood was for Angus Houston. A man who did his job conscientiously and since retirement has drawn on the public purse to head up a so far failed search for the missing malaysian airliner. At least he is Australian.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

The media likes to make him out to be an embarrassment, but don't be too hard on Phil the Greek. At least he speaks his mind and sometimes says what should be said. Like when his international delegation was visiting a precious remnant rainforest in Madagascar and a nearby farmer set fire to it. He stormed off and told them that as a nation, they were committing suicide.

Our current PM: now he IS embarrassing.

• Agree 4

Angus is a worthy recipient. I used to actually work for him and he was very good to me and good to work for, though you certainly didn't want to cross him.

Prince Phillip though? Was Abbott just blind drunk when he made that unilateral decision?

Just another embarrassing error-of-judgement by the PM. Yes, the return of British honours is totally without credit, and the OA has been handed out to so many, and to so many questionables, that it's almost on a par with a BA. When is the man going to shirtfront the real problems of Australia? He has almost certainly ensured a change of government at the next election. happy days,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Abbott is a bit of of wanker, sure. But the alternative is a pro union nut ball who should be shot on site.

"site" An intended pun or a spelling mistake? Either way it's gospel!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

"site" An intended pun or a spelling mistake? Either way it's gospel!

Not a spelling mistake. Site, as in where he is standing. Not sight as in where he is in a"persons" scope. He has a very dubious past. Like most ex union people. Google it.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Why are you always so angry???

Im not angry, just another ex military person who has worked in the middle east for a while who is frustrated with what is happening in the world and seeing politcal leaders sit back and watch it happen because they are worried about their own careers.

• Caution 1

What are you on Dazza, or what do you read?. There's no crooks in the LNP? Over the years there has been around twice the number of Liberal ministers dismissed in office than. Labor. ( and it's been relatively consistent.) Nev

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

I dont read anything to do with Australian politics Nev. It is childs play, I am not interested. I keep a eye on what is happening on the world stage. Fwiw, I don't vote Liberal or Labor. They are as bad as each other. I voted last time for the 4wd/ fishing party, simple because they are trying to keep 4wd tracks open. Things that effected me when I was at home. I left the mid east a long time ago, but things are a lot worse now. I will vote for who ever pays the most in military spending plus under the table deals to pay "private" security contractors. You know, the ex military guys who get the job done with out bull$hit government intervention.

• Caution 1

Fine .. Thanks for taking the trouble. I've a lot of mates in the Middle East and know a few SAS types. Met some French Foreign Legion fella's too. some time ago. She's a difficult world at the moment. Needs people of good intent. Nev

• Agree 2

The general Australian population need to take a deep breath and think about how bloody good it is here. I am all for the Liberal verses Labor argument, sure I have been known to carry it on a bit. It is just entertainment, other people in the world are more worried about where their next meal is coming from. We have to never lose sight of that.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1