yarrawonga crash

There's an extensive thread on prune, including opinions on RAA, and reports of residents getting annoyed by constant low level flights over the town.

Hardly an extensive thread, Turbs... 5 replies.

One of four trike pilots allegedly wrapped himself in the fence on final during a formation arrival. No injury to anyone other than himself and hopefully not serious injuries.

Report by one resident of residents being annoyed about allegedly low flying of trikes in formation and concern by another about the number of accidents that had allegedly occurred at YYWG. I'd suggest neither the allegation nor the concerns expressed hold up to scrutiny.

PPrune commentators are sometimes not the most informed in the aviation world, I find :-)

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hardly an extensive thread, Turbs... 5 replies.One of four trike pilots allegedly wrapped himself in the fence on final during a formation arrival. No injury to anyone other than himself and hopefully not serious injuries.

Report by one resident of residents being annoyed about allegedly low flying of trikes in formation and concern by another about the number of accidents that had allegedly occurred at YYWG. I'd suggest neither the allegation nor the concerns expressed hold up to scrutiny.

PPrune commentators are sometimes not the most informed in the aviation world, I find :-)

Kaz

Interesting, there's virtually nothing left of the thread!

Guest Andys@coffs

Trikes, though small and light, produce serious wake turbulence for their size......Its not uncommon for a bunch of trikes landing at the same airport, for one to get to close to the one in front and get hit by serious wake turbulence....happened to me at Wellington in SA.....It scared the crap out of me at the time.....I went sooo close to disaster....my rear main just touched a hillock to the right of the main strip well after I had full power go around.......washing machine stuff!

The first needs to touch down on a shallower than normal final approach, the next a slightly less shallow approach and a bit further down the strip.....By the time you get to Number 6 you just about need an elevator style approach (which trikes cope really well with) 1/2 way down the strip

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
Just wondering ... IF people had the crap scared out of them more often, would their posts improve? Nev

Was there something specific in what I said that needs improving? It reads Ok to me on looking at it again...but perhaps I cant see it as the author....Other than a "to" that should have been a "too"

Andy

Was there something specific in what I said that needs improving? It reads Ok to me on looking at it again...but perhaps I cant see it as the author....Other than a "to" that should have been a "too"Andy

Nah, your post was fine. It is helpful if those of us who fly both 3axis and WS talk about the actual and significant differences exactly as you have. Most pilots/people who have never learned WS have no appreciation of the enormous impact of wake turbulence on a WS (they don't appreciate that our wing is flexible and what that means for control and flight disturbance) and the fact that your own wake is actually dangerous to yourself ... 360 turns are not encouraged.

Appreciation of the difference is useful ... you can scare the cr*p out of 'pilots' watching a WS approach if you do a full bar pull in rapid decent on final - they have no idea its OK to do that (particularly in the older WS) - they do not know just how much drag we can generate to still stop in a couple of hundred metres off what to them looks like a stuka approach to death ;-)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

No Andy your post was fine. Crap scared out of you is reality, so you talk less of it afterwards. You just prompted me to be a bit "humorous". Formation Landings seems to get a few out of position from time to time. Nev

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the perpetrator of this inaccurate, erroneous and biased report on PPRUNE joined this site on Monday.

No profile and as much anonymity as possible. It would be good to see them come forward and declare what agenda they are running in posting this misleading and defamatory report.

I notice that the perpetrator of this inaccurate, erroneous and biased report on PPRUNE joined this site on Monday.No profile and as much anonymity as possible. It would be good to see them come forward and declare what agenda they are running in posting this misleading and defamatory report.

The ABC report seems to have a few details in it, surely they did some research before reporting.

No profile and as much anonymity as possible. It would be good to see them come forward and declare what agenda they are running in posting this misleading and defamatory report.

Oh the irony .... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Agree 1

The ABC report seems to have a few details in it, surely they did some research before reporting.

No problem with the brief ABC report in this thread, it was the untrue and misleading statements from the posts on PPRUNE that I refer to.

No problem with the brief ABC report in this thread, it was the untrue and misleading statements from the posts on PPRUNE that I refer to.

Nothing the ABC seems to do is correct or researched. The Boss of the ABC was also spreading the lies saying the Mr Abbott was going to send troops into Iraq and " go it alone". The meathead who made up and spread these rumours had to retract them when questioned about it.

He said Mr Abbott supposedly said about the the troop going into Iraq in a dinner he had with VIP's. Nope the Chief of Airforce was at that dinner and nothing even remotely was said about any military action .

But the damaged has been done. Journalist should be sent to jail when knowingly misleading the public with their crappy stories.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Caution 2

Nothing the ABC seems to do is correct or researched. The Boss of the ABC was also spreading the lies saying the Mr Abbott was going to send troops into Iraq and " go it alone". The meathead who made up and spread these rumours had to retract them when questioned about it.He said Mr Abbott supposedly said about the the troop going into Iraq in a dinner he had with VIP's. Nope the Chief of Airforce was at that dinner and nothing even remotely was said about any military action .

But the damaged has been done. Journalist should be sent to jail when knowingly misleading the public with their crappy stories.

Sorry for the thread drift but in the interests of accuracy

The Abbott Iraq troops story was not from the ABC but was first printed in the Australian newspaper by associate editor John Lyons http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/terror/tony-abbott-sought-military-advice-on-go-it-alone-invasion-of-iraq/story-fnpdbcmu-1227233174095

"Tony Abbott has denied claims he sought advice on sending troops to Iraq, saying the suggestion is “absolutely fanciful” and “absolutely false”.

The Prime Minister said the government had no plans to put Australian troops on the ground in Iraq.

Responding to questions about the claims, made in The Australian today, Abbott said he had spoken to the Chief of Defence who was as “mystified” about the allegations as he was.

“I thought it was absolutely fanciful. I rang the chief defence minister… and it was as much of a mystery to him as it is to me,” Abbott said.

“The story is false. It is false. It is fanciful, absolutely fanciful.”

Abbott continued by saying The Australian made “no attempt” to contact the DCF and his own office to clarify the details."

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Sorry for the thread drift but in the interests of accuracyThe Abbott Iraq troops story was not from the ABC but was first printed in the Australian newspaper by associate editor John Lyons http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/terror/tony-abbott-sought-military-advice-on-go-it-alone-invasion-of-iraq/story-fnpdbcmu-1227233174095

"Tony Abbott has denied claims he sought advice on sending troops to Iraq, saying the suggestion is “absolutely fanciful” and “absolutely false”.

The Prime Minister said the government had no plans to put Australian troops on the ground in Iraq.

Responding to questions about the claims, made in The Australian today, Abbott said he had spoken to the Chief of Defence who was as “mystified” about the allegations as he was.

“I thought it was absolutely fanciful. I rang the chief defence minister… and it was as much of a mystery to him as it is to me,” Abbott said.

“The story is false. It is false. It is fanciful, absolutely fanciful.”

Abbott continued by saying The Australian made “no attempt” to contact the DCF and his own office to clarify the details."

Yup, that is why I said the ABC boss was Spreading the rumours, I didn't say he started the rumours. I couldn't remember who the wanker was who started them. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 1

But Lyons should be there beside him keeping the cell warm unless they could find a much more unsavoury character to make his prison stay a bit more memorable. That would help him remember to check the facts of the story before publishing more crap simply because it suits his politics.

• Agree 1