Gas fired machine gun

Hi all..... Does any one have plans, info, parts lists or even complete propane fired machine guns ?Im wanting to set one up for the Nieuport.

Have you and Flyerme fallen out?

• Haha 3

And the alarms have just gone off very loudly in the Canberra offices of ASIO and the AFP!

Nowhere near as bad as that damn Kiwi bloke who built his own home-made, DIY, Cruise Missile! Let's face it, if we're going to appear on ASIO's radar, might as well go all out!I give you Marvin Story's KC Dawn Patrol gas-fired machine gun. $20 for the full plans. Presumably that's USD too, so the way the exchange rate has been going, I hope you're willing to take out a second mortgage to buy them!

If you blow yourself up testing it, I shall disavow all knowledge! :P

Pat English ( of English Engineering in Cairns ) has gas powered machine guns in his spitfire replica. The aircraft is flying and I have been the target of strafing runs a number of times so I know they work. You could give him an email or a call him. I don't have his email or phone number but I presume English Engineering would be contactable.

Guest asmol

Try your local jeep club, a lot of the guys have 30 cal browning replicas on their jeeps running off propane and they work a treat.

I have waterjet plans for all the metal parts, just need to add a barrel and handle and your off and going.

PLEASE NOTE: Replicas like this are allowed in QLD but if you go over the border to NSW like we did a few years ago heading to Evans Head be careful, they are illegal in NSW and if the Police know the rules its mandatory jail time for even having a replica bolted in the back of your jeep.

Try your local jeep club, a lot of the guys have 30 cal browning replicas on their jeeps running off propane and they work a treat.I have waterjet plans for all the metal parts, just need to add a barrel and handle and your off and going.

PLEASE NOTE: Replicas like this are allowed in QLD but if you go over the border to NSW like we did a few years ago heading to Evans Head be careful, they are illegal in NSW and if the Police know the rules its mandatory jail time for even having a replica bolted in the back of your jeep.

It MAY be possible to be legal in QLD if the person holds a Theatrical Ordnance Supplier licence. I put may in capitals because I am not 100 percent sure whether it would be kosher or not.

Replicas like this are allowed in QLD but if you go over the border to NSW like we did a few years ago heading to Evans Head be careful, they are illegal in NSW and if the Police know the rules its mandatory jail time for even having a replica bolted in the back of your jeep.

What replica? I thought he was asking about a propane-fuelled bird scarer to minimise birdstrikes on takeoff and landing?022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Caution 1

Guest asmol
It's a non gun with no working mechanism capable of firing a projectile

The police wont agree with you Pete. If it looks like a gun, has been made to resemble a gun regardless of whether or not it fires a projectile then its considered a prohibited weapon in most states and jail/hefty fines apply. The exception is some toys which have orange markings that cant be removed.

Whilst these items cannot cause death or injury by shooting projectiles, they can nonetheless cause public alarm due to their similarity in appearance to working firearms. Even items that remotely resemble firearms could be easily mistaken as working firearms in certain circumstances depending on factors such as lighting conditions, distance from the object, the viewer’s knowledge of firearms and/or circumstances in which they are carried. The determination of whether a particular device has the reasonable appearance of a working firearm is open to interpretation and should be considered “on balance”. It is for this reason that devices fitted with a coloured barrel plug or coloured grip is not sufficient, in and of itself for an item to not be considered an imitation firearm. Imitation firearms are increasingly made to look remarkably similar to real firearms, and can be made of any substance (metal, plastic, rubber, etc.) to resemble either a longarm (rifle, shotgun, or machinegun) or handgun (revolver or pistol).

The police wont agree with you Pete. If it looks like a gun, has been made to resemble a gun regardless of whether or not it fires a projectile then its considered a prohibited weapon in most states and jail/hefty fines apply. .

A likely way to commit suicide by justifiable police reaction.....

• Agree 1

I'm working on a mechanical device run off exhaust pressure to turn a set of spring steel paddles around , then when firing , you engage a flat piece of spring so the paddles slap on it creating a gun noise.

It's a work in progress as flat out With a jack Flyer stuff

• Like 1

Guest asmol
I'm working on a mechanical device run off exhaust pressure to turn a set of spring steel paddles around , then when firing , you engage a flat piece of spring so the paddles slap on it creating a gun noise. It's a work in progress as flat out With a jack Flyer stuff

I dont think you will have the exhaust pressure to do this AND the noise will be hidden by the engine noise. I saw a video where they made the noise of a machine gun and the plane starting up,/shutting down using a speaker and a 200W amp from some kids car stereo. It worked a treat! and could be heard when flying overhead. I will see if i can find it on YouTube

I'm working on a mechanical device run off exhaust pressure to turn a set of spring steel paddles around , then when firing , you engage a flat piece of spring so the paddles slap on it creating a gun noise. It's a work in progress as flat out With a jack Flyer stuff

Wouldn't a clothes peg and a playing card be easier?

• Haha 3

Pat English ( of English Engineering in Cairns ) has gas powered machine guns in his spitfire replica. The aircraft is flying and I have been the target of strafing runs a number of times so I know they work. You could give him an email or a call him. I don't have his email or phone number but I presume English Engineering would be contactable.

Emailed Pat and he imported his from the states. He said as theatrical props there was no problem