Guess This Aircraft ?

There was a Miles Monospar in one of the Hangars at Bankstown when I flew out of there in the  early 60's . Think it was red. and may have had 90 hp DH motors. think I would have noticed if it had the Pobjoys. Nev

Monospar VH-UTH was fitted with Gypsies. Flown Australia to England in 1961 by Dr John Morris. He wrote a book about it called Two men in a flying machine. It was left in the UK.

Yep.  There were monospars with gypsies and even whirlwind engines ... all built by General Aircraft not Miles as there were around 10 different models based on engines and undercarriage retracts etc. 

And my rather battered copy of two men in a flying machine is re-read by me every year or two.  ?

It is an Express 2000 RG.

Developed by Wheeler Technology as a high-speed homebuilt aircraft for cross-country flights and the first of the kit built prototypes was first flown on 28 July 1987, a factory built aircraft first flew in 1990. Wheeler Technology went into bankruptcy and the assets were bought by Express Design Incorporated (EDI) of Redmond, Oregon. Kits that were under construction were completed by EDI and they continued with kit production. A six-seat variant was produced by EDI as the Loadmaster 3200.

By the late 1990s the aircraft was being produced by Express Aircraft Company in Olympia, Washington.

The design used an unusual seating position where one rear seat faced forward and one aft to maximize interior space.

And now, this ----

TGTP124.thumb.jpg.cf10e64dd1b8e996a2a7e3c0e740d7d7.jpg

Humbert Tétras from France.  Really nicely built - took a short flight in one about ten years ago when I was weather grounded in the Loire valley.  

Easy giveaway is is the two overlapping arrow heads on the tail - it’s the company logo