RAAus new website/members portal

Head in the clouds

I just received my login details and had a quick look around the new site, changed my password, updated my contact details and the like. I think it looks rather good and everything I've done so far is quite functional and quick.

I did notice that there's only space for one phone number and one person to contact ICE so no doubt we'll come across a number of improvements as we check things out.

The admin are asking for info about things that need fixing but I thought perhaps rather than send them one by one and probably have many people duplicate the same things, maybe it would be an idea to list things here and send them en-masse to save them some time going through them all.

Anyway, I'm impressed so far, what do others think?

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Site looks good (public side), haven't yet been given login details. Came up well on the iPhone too. There was a couple errors in regards to the FAQ RPL vs RPC that I was going to email through at some stage after i double checked the details.

Funny, I tried to check the members market and it says error 404. I also tried to log in and it said that I have only previously registered and I would get a link sent to my email address to complete the log in details and that was 20 minutes ago. It doesn't look to good to me.

Read your emails Dazza..............

The last one said something along the lines of 'expect delays not everyone will get their log on details at once, please be patient for a few days!) ok so that was paraphrasing but I think that was the general idea. I havnt got log in details yet so am not too worried about waiting a day or two

Read your emails Dazza..............The last one said something along the lines of 'expect delays not everyone will get their log on details at once, please be patient for a few days!) ok so that was paraphrasing but I think that was the general idea. I havnt got log in details yet so am not too worried about waiting a day or two

I would read the email Sam but I just checked and they haven't sent it yet. But thank you for the heads up. Maybe I missed something on the web page. I only go to the RAA web site to check out the members market and I can now go to the Aviation advertiser page for that now as they are in cahoots with the RAA and now have the members market aircraft on their web site. So no great loss if I cant log onto the RAA site.

I would read the email Sam but I just checked and they haven't sent it yet. But thank you for the heads up. Maybe I missed something on the web page. I only go to the RAA web site to check out the members market and I can now go to the Aviation advertiser page for that now as they are in cahoots with the RAA and now have the members market aircraft on their web site. So no great loss if I cant log onto the RAA site.

I was at the AGM here in Bundy and nothing was said that I remember about the members market going to Aviation Advertiser. First I knew was when an email came out the Tue following the meeting saying that a deal had been done with Aviation Advertiser. Looking at the listings (and assume all RAAus listings will be under Rec/Sport aircraft) on that site I am wondering if new listings will be the first to appear?? In what order will they (adverts) appear in Sport Pilot if at all?

On another observation re advertisers in Sport Pilot, I note Mendelssohn have not placed an advert since the mag has gone to a digital version. Reduced audience I wonder?

Mike

I was at the AGM here in Bundy and nothing was said that I remember about the members market going to Aviation Advertiser. First I knew was when an email came out the Tue following the meeting saying that a deal had been done with Aviation Advertiser. Looking at the listings (and assume all RAAus listings will be under Rec/Sport aircraft) on that site I am wondering if new listings will be the first to appear?? In what order will they (adverts) appear in Sport Pilot if at all?On another observation re advertisers in Sport Pilot, I note Mendelssohn have not placed an advert since the mag has gone to a digital version. Reduced audience I wonder?

Mike

Hi Mike, if I was an advertiser, I would move my advertising dollars over to the Aviator magazine and/or Australian Flying magazine.Mendelssohn advertise there from memory. I buy both the Aviator magazine and Australian Flying magazines as soon as they come out.

Being 45 I guess I like to have a paper version in my hands. I am not adverse to electronic mags though, I read the Unsealed 4x4 magazine online which is delivered to me via email. That is a free magazine. I also get the Cycle Torque magazine (which is free) online as well.

Guest Maj Millard
Read your emails Dazza..............The last one said something along the lines of 'expect delays not everyone will get their log on details at once, please be patient for a few days!) ok so that was paraphrasing but I think that was the general idea. I havnt got log in details yet so am not too worried about waiting a day or two

With 10,000 members to be sent log-in details only 1000 a day will be activated, so it'll take around 10 days before everyone is fully up and running. I don't have my log- in details either yet so also looking forward to it.

There is a major switch- over of member and other data going on here at the moment.

Just logged in, looks good. The only thing I miss and it's been gone a while is the history page which I think is essential to remember our origins as the plastic fantastic are nothing like our original chariots. Having started in rag and tube I think it's important to not loose our history.

• Agree 1

There has been so much hype about it that it had better be good. I havn't bothered trying to look at it. My personal opinion is that the more hype about anything upcoming, the poorer the result usually. hopefully i will be proved wrong this time.

There has been so much hype about it that it had better be good. I havn't bothered trying to look at it. My personal opinion is that the more hype about anything upcoming, the poorer the result usually. hopefully i will be proved wrong this time.

Your right Yenn, relax and don't get excited it was not that great. Go for a fly ! Much more exciting !

21:25 Friday, and I'm not getting either the old page or the new one, has it crashed?Bit annoying if I want some forms for tomorrow...

From what I saw you can get forms with out logging in, I could be wrong ! If you need any call me and I'll email to you as I have already logged in.

Some of these comments make me rather sad. I always try to be positive about things until I'm proven otherwise.

I probably shouldn't have started this thread at all, because it's evidently very frustrating for those who haven't received their login invitation yet.

I only would have received mine so soon for either of two reasons, maybe my early member number (I joined AUF on 23rd May 1983) or maybe because my surname is at the beginning of the alphabet ...

Anyway I hope the rest of you can get to enjoy and appreciate the work that has gone into this new site - for us, and to satisfy the regulator, and to attract new participants, as much as I am.

As far as I am concerned the old site was so boring I couldn't be bothered visiting it - this one is a huge step forward.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

You will be proven wrong Yenn.......this is the website we should have had several years ago...

From what I saw you can get forms with out logging in, I could be wrong ! If you need any call me and I'll email to you as I have already logged in.

Thanks for the offer, I have a BFR booked for tomorrow, but I think I've got a blank form.

My point was that the site isn't loading (for me) either with my original bookmark, or the links in the emails I've had from the office.

I'm assuming that the new site is using the original web address [https://www.raa.asn.au/].

Can't even find a backdoor via google....

OK, think I've found the problem, this is a NEW site, and no-one has thought to make it backward compatible..

I can't update the operating system on the Mac I'm using, and the Safari browser I use often gets "Your browser is out of date", mainly from the flash players.

Just loaded via Firefox, and (more or less) got the site (no colours?)

Gonna have to get a new Mac soon...051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

ps, Looks like they've changed the form again..079_throw_pc.gif.e071c8f36d135c7f050383c74279afc6.gif

• Caution 1

I am not RAA but it was the same when the new casa portal came out, there were and still are bugs in the system.

Personally I hate the online portals, to many passwords to remember as it is!

Guest Maj Millard
Thanks for the offer, I have a BFR booked for tomorrow, but I think I've got a blank form.My point was that the site isn't loading (for me) either with my original bookmark, or the links in the emails I've had from the office.

I'm assuming that the new site is using the original web address [https://www.raa.asn.au/].

Can't even find a backdoor via google....

OK, think I've found the problem, this is a NEW site, and no-one has thought to make it backward compatible..

I can't update the operating system on the Mac I'm using, and the Safari browser I use often gets "Your browser is out of date", mainly from the flash players.

Just loaded via Firefox, and (more or less) got the site (no colours?)

Gonna have to get a new Mac soon...051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

ps, Looks like they've changed the form again..079_throw_pc.gif.e071c8f36d135c7f050383c74279afc6.gif

I went to the site last night after reading this thread, and brought up the forms with no problems......all forms are being, or have been upgraded or improved to make them more efficient to use with the new website digital format.

Guest Maj Millard
Hey, thanks for that, it actually worked, all the way from the home page to the .pdf forms page.Yes, the forms have been changed, wonder if they will knock back submitting old forms?

Short answer is no...old forms should still be accepted.

Guest Maj Millard
Short answer is no...old forms should still be accepted.

The beauty of the revised forms on the new website is you won't need to fill in all your personal details every time .

Just put in your RAA number or name and it will auto fill those boxes for you, saving lots of time.