RAAus new website/members portal

Head in the clouds

KasperThere can only be migration problems if there is something to migrate......In the main there is little to nothing to migrate.

Net result is that today the data looks crazy..........but give it a year or 2 and it will start to look sensible

In turn that will allow sensible analysis and reporting........what a novel concept.

If the whole Jabiru/CASA thing were to reoccur in a couple of years time then there would be some serious ability to produce meaningful reporting rather than the current whistling in the wind.......

That all said I look at your data and wonder why on earth the migrated total flying hours was put into 2006......if it was 2014 or 2015 depending on your membership renewal date then that would be logical......not sure why the 2006 date was chosen because its clearly a falsehood given that I know the hours contained in the old system was simply a replaceable total that was upgraded at each membership renewal....... Presumably you've been a member continuously for the last X years without a break?

Andy

Ah but Andy there CAN be migration problems when my CURRENT membership card has aircraft groups A, B and C and the portal has only A and C. Agreed that if no data exists then there is nothing to migrate but equally it is illogical to migrate data saying my L1 came into existence in 2005 but my pilots certificate was issued in 1995.

If there is or was expected to be illogical/conflicting data then the better situation on migration would have been to run exceptions across the data to test for this and then either post with a strong health warning or post and send emails to those with odd data ans ask them to specifically review and get in touch ... unless of course all data for all members is as poor as mine is ... and frankly there is no excuse for a data set sequential years to not present in ascending or descending order ...

And to be clear - I actually think that its not a bad change ... its a good start BUT ... and its a big but ...

1. it is not perfect (illogical sequencing of years display)

2. it does have demonstrable data migration issues (difference is data between current pilot cert and data in system)

3. it demonstrates underlying data errors (multiple illogical and inaccurate dates on my records)

1 and 2 should not exist in an IT system on release and 3 is something that reflects past data issues that we should have to deal with.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andys@coffs

Kasper I agree. As a previous ERP PM Data cleansing activities are not at all new to me, and having a default sort on years is something that I would expect to have been picked up in the very first unit testing done.......sigh! That said human interface presentation of collected data is a much easier future update than the post event manufacture of non existent data......

My point was more that the current systems are so poor that migration where there is normally a 1 to 1 relationship is too optimistic a name by half in this case....

Sorry if what I said in my last email came across as statement of fact.......The real fact is that the future starts today and for once we might have something that can record it as it occurs....

Andy

I found the best way to migrate data: clean and then migrate

"SELECT DISTINCT column_name,column_name, COUNT(*) FROM table_name;"

find out the variations and do an update to remove the dribs and drabs of incorrect data, so that the data is at least consistent.

I'm doing my bit to encourage the female half of my offspring into flying:thumb up:. She loves the zero g feeling and wants to be able to fly upside down, so maybe a future aerobatic pilot:nod: Yes yes not in the Hornet![ATTACH=full]39013[/ATTACH]

That's so cute...love seeing pictures of our kids enjoying flying with their mums, dads, grandfathers, grandmothers etc...someone should start a thread. When I took my kids up they loved it seeing the world from a different aspect that we as flyers too often take for granted

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well I am STILL trying to get into their new site, I have tried my login details ...... I have tried cleaning my computer and yet still can't get in or even find there new website...really starting to p**** me off..

David

Ummmm

Please can anyone point me to where they have squirreled away the fees list ... can't seem to find it anywhere on the site

And I am looking to re-register one of my aircraft so the form to do it would also be a helpful item ... again not visible

UmmmmPlease can anyone point me to where they have squirreled away the fees list ... can't seem to find it anywhere on the site

And I am looking to re-register one of my aircraft so the form to do it would also be a helpful item ... again not visible

They send out the renewal to the registered owner. I couldn't find the fees.

From the website.

"Approximately six weeks before an aircraft registration expires, RAAus sends out renewal information to the registered owner. Following the date of registration expiry, if no renewal has been received by RAAus, a letter will issued advising that the aircraft registration has expired and the aircraft is not to be flown until the registration is renewed.

For your convenience, your member portal has a list of dates of relevant renewals. Please check your dashboard for your renewal dates.

Regardless of notification from RAAus it is the registered owner of the aircraft who is ultimately responsible for managing and renewing their aircraft registration.

Total hours flown and total landings are required at each registration renewal."

Well I am STILL trying to get into their new site, I have tried my login details ...... I have tried cleaning my computer and yet still can't get in or even find there new website...really starting to p**** me off..David

David

I could not find it using links either. What browser are you using. I can find it using google chrome and Internet Explorer by typing this into the address bar. "https://members.raa.asn.au" but I cannot from links or saved pages.

I can't find it using firefox.

DavidI could not find it using links either. What browser are you using. I can find it using google chrome and Internet Explorer by typing this into the address bar. "https://members.raa.asn.au" but I cannot from links or saved pages.

I can't find it using firefox.

Geoff,

I am using Windows 8 and Chome and Internet Explorer, I have never had some much trouble going to a new website....just keeps saying this...

This page can't be displayed

• Make sure the web address https://members.raa.asn.au is correct.

• Look for the page with your search engine.

• Refresh the page in a few minutes.

• Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security

gezzzzzzz pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif

David

Geoff,I am using Windows 8 and Chome and Internet Explorer, I have never had some much trouble going to a new website....just keeps saying this...

This page can't be displayed

• Make sure the web address https://members.raa.asn.au is correct.

• Look for the page with your search engine.

• Refresh the page in a few minutes.

• Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security

gezzzzzzz pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif

David

David, I have had no issues getting onto the new web site (same address as before as far as I can see) with the home computer (windows 8) and my Ipad 2 however, I cannot get to the website with my Smart phone (HTC) nor with my wifes smartphone (Samsung). We have cleared all Cache and history on both and even tried typing the web address in but get pretty much the same as you are getting. Also says something about not being able to establish a secure connection. I know the address is http(s) etc etc. There must be some security issue??

Mike

Ev

David, I have had no issues getting onto the new web site (same address as before as far as I can see) with the home computer (windows 8) and my Ipad 2 however, I cannot get to the website with my Smart phone (HTC) nor with my wifes smartphone (Samsung). We have cleared all Cache and history on both and even tried typing the web address in but get pretty much the same as you are getting. Also says something about not being able to establish a secure connection. I know the address is http(s) etc etc. There must be some security issue??Mike

Every device I have tried works fine, win 10, nexus 9, iPad mini and nexus 5. Never had to clear cache either

Tried

https://members.raa.asn.au/login/

also reset your modem/router incase your phones are using cached internet pages via your modem/router

Try going to https://www.raa.asn.au/or

raa.asn.au

and see what happens

or

https://members.raa.asn.au/login/

also reset your modem/router incase your phones are using cached internet pages via your modem/router

Thanks for info. Tried both addresses straight into address line. Internet connection is via Mobile broadband as we do not have landline ADSL in this area. Get a message "cannot establish a secure connection". Will talk with RAAus next week.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Mike

I'm presuming that one gets an email from RA Aus with temporary password contained therein and one then accesses the website and changes the password to whatever password one wants to use but in order to access your own details one must receive the original email from RA Aus to start with. If that is the case I want to know WHERE IS MY EMAIL? baby.gif.168ad10e40c5845c810810951ae4106c.gif

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs

They did say 10 days to cover everyone, and I presume that's really 14days elapsed....

I too don't yet have mine

Andy

Had a look for airworthiness notices and only found a few, where is the alphabetically listed items for different aircraft etc? I had to log in to even find those. I would have thought safety related items as this should not require login, perhaps I am missing something or looking in the wrong place. Tom

Interesting - when I first read of the new site being up and running, I selected the members portal and the iPad defaulted to my Facebook details and I was able to log straight in. I have since received an email with the login details but have no use for them.

Don't know how, or why, but I'm happy with the result!! As to the site presentation I believe it is as easy to read as most newer site designs and I will probably use this members page to access the Sport Pilot magazine once they are all loaded and up to date.

Guest Maj Millard
I haven't tried to log in yet but is there a support line or a support email address?

Contact the CEO directly Ian........