RAAus new website/members portal

Head in the clouds

I would read the email Sam but I just checked and they haven't sent it yet. But thank you for the heads up. Maybe I missed something on the web page. I only go to the RAA web site to check out the members market and I can now go to the Aviation advertiser page for that now as they are in cahoots with the RAA and now have the members market aircraft on their web site. So no great loss if I cant log onto the RAA site.

Hi I'm the same as Dazza38. I just tried to look at the public pages, members market etc but not able too. Hopefully sorted soon. Hope those who are advertising an aircraft for sale get a bit of extra exposure time for free; as they pay per month.

I have not got my email yet; I'm not worried about that as I know they are busy getting them out to all members.

Cheers

Mike

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the IT issues on speed/load and rendering the actual portal is really quite a nicely laid out and accessible access point to my data.

And whilst the look and feel is good start it does show me as a member for the first time just how crap the data RAA hold is and that there are a few gaps in the migration of data from old to new - apparently I do not do much flying (and an interesting sort order on the display):

upload_2015-10-28_8-32-50.png.de5917e3ee24a99c74637e779bc8d591.png

And the ratings/endorsements etc are equally fun - apparently I got my L1 10 years after my licence, never held an L2, never did any instructing and never added group B aircraft ... so apparently I am not legit flying weightshift even though my certificate has the endorsement on it - but theses are all teething troubles and I have pinged an email to RAA to ask them to take a look.

Overall - a damn good start and a massive improvement over what apparently the RAA office were trying to deal with

I just checked my endorsements and they appear to be correct. I reckon it would just be some minor issue with some members.

Agreed. My records have the majority of my stuff listed - some dates are wrong but the majority are there ... and I put the missing bits down to either data migration or really poor records int eh prior system - I'm sure they will get it sorted.

My count is 8 endorsements and they are all there, 3 aircraft groups - 1 missing, 2 maintenance levels - 1 missing and 2 ratings - both missing

Now all I need is to find a few interesting aircraft with instrcutor attached to complete the collectors set of available endorsements ;-P

Just had another attempt at the RAAus site, no luck with Safari (I'm on a Mac), and only a very basic page (no pictures) with Firefox.

1110923439_Safari5110.jpg.5b4c2eb75f7196e7e476087df3205fc4.jpg

710605753_Firefox4102.jpg.ab209f9ee3c6405c99d62257c5739b6b.jpg

1939504576_iMac1068.jpg.fe09804c5900d59a9ea91c4c2dbe8002.jpg

Had an email from Apple today offering to upgrade my Operating System to the latest OS10.11.1, but will wait till I've spoken to my Mac guru to see if it's a good idea....

I am still having issues with finding the RAAus website...I just can not understand how they can migrate the website and have this issue...it is just ridiculous, I have sent an email to RAAus admin complaining about this, there should be an email sent to all members advising them of this problem and telling everyone of the way to fix it...

David

Guest Maj Millard
According to the CEO, if you called yourself Professor Avius, they would assume that you were male because they assume all pilots are male.RAAus: run by men for men.

Rubbish Ada.........we have just added a female to the board ( there has been one previously) our ops manager is a female , our Safety person is a female, our Education person is a female, our Admin officer is female, and we have a policy to actively attract more females to the sport.

Elle, Bull$#!t. If it's that bad (which it isn't) get along to a General Meeting and bring it up rather than making silly statements... If you are right you will be supported by plenty of people. Nev

• Agree 1

image.jpg.bbf4b6ba251b33bf48f9a21e98a3a7de.jpg

From the annual report...we absolutely are and should be encouraging females...however dont lose sight of the fact we are made up from a majority males...and the board is generally representative of the membership...

There should always be female members encouraged, but it could be argued a 50% female board would not be representative of the membership. I would have no objection if it naturally happened, but I wouldnt like to see it actively made happen. doing so could deprive the board of exceptional male members just to attain a gender balance...

If we had 60:40 or even 70:30 female membership, I would think we need a much more active push for female voard members, but with 94:6 its not really going to be ideal to chase more then a couple deliberately.

I would sincerely hope though that our entire organisation from volunteers to the CEO are non sexist in every interaction other than some isolated comedy

looking at the photos of staff events, the CFI conference and the AGM there is definitely a decent female representation for a group that has 94% males.

• Agree 2

My criticism of the RAA is always valid, back in 2010/11? I noticed that the RAA revenues where way off what they should have been. I kicked up a fuss about the treasurer not being able (or caring enough) to do the basic maths of the RAA missing $200K a year in revenue. That's $2M a decade, so no small change. It was a legitimate criticism because no one could see (or cared) that the revenue was out and that it also implied that the RAA had no control over the pilot registry. The board had always said we are doing a great job we have taken the RAA from 6000 members to over 13500 in less than a decade. Which was BS if you went to any airfield you would know that there aren't that many pilots in the RAA.

This was one of the contributing factors leading to an audit of the plane registry and the pain that caused.

Then in 2014 I noticed that MARAP had gone from being a good idea for certificated aircraft to a nightmare for everyone that owned an experimental. Again a legitimate criticism because there was no way that the RAA could implement the restrictions they wanted to apply economically, we experimental owners would be trapped in the same situation as certificated aircraft but without the freedoms they have. again a legitimate criticism.