Lots of complaints about T4 at YMML

There are lots of complaints about the Jetstar T4 terminal at Melbourne Airport on Facebook. The distance between checkin and gate is too much without travelators, particularly for the aged and infirm. It appears that an A320 could take off in the distance.

1441181204_T4Melbourne.jpg.41369acd02224243b6fd0d12a31f98ee.jpg

There's a stand alone T4 pick up and drop off access, and stand alone T4 seven level car park, just no so good if you want to transfer to International of change airlines.

It really beggars belief that there's no mechanised transport between them.

• Agree 1

The worst part of the experience comes when you get to the end of the pier (assuming the aircraft is actually there in time).

Maybe they are hoping you're too knackered to care......

It's a nice terminal. Most of us could use the walk. The elderly and disabled can get a ride on a cart. I much prefer Melbourne with its longer walks within the terminals than Sydney where you can't walk between international and domestic.

• Agree 1

Boo Hoo Hoo, I bought a cheap ticket and didn't get a Rolls Royce included, Boo Hoo Hoo.Australia, supplying the World's finest whines for 200 years.

We're not looking for a RR Bex, just that cheap Bex aeromotor :-)

• Agree 1

We're not looking for a RR Bex, just that cheap Bex aeromotor :-)

Yeah, wish that wanker would get off his backside and do something about that.

Wait, what?

• Haha 2

Given the amount of fat-arsed Aussies around these days a good long walk wouldn't do any harm. Who knows, it may help them fit into those skinny little seats in cattle class.

• Agree 1

Given the amount of fat-arsed Aussies around these days a good long walk wouldn't do any harm. Who knows, it may help them fit into those skinny little seats in cattle class.

Yup, coming back once or twice every year is just amazing seeing the weight gains.

The tattoos and individual styles are worse though, last trip I saw one guy with black shoes, slacks, nice shirt and a neat haircut, gee he looked weird in the crowd, the normal ones stand out now ... 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

If you select special assistance required, no matter who you are they must by law offer to take you with a wheel chair or cart...if enough people do this they will surely put in travelators...personally i like the exercise given your generally gunna be on your bum for a very long time.

I have not seen the new walkways, but I have to travel to Melbourne soon so I might get a gander.

I am one of those pricks who cant walk well, all self inflicted thanks to motorcycles, so no sympathy vote expected. I am a stubborn prick though. and I refuse to use carts or that bullshit. Suck it up princess, the long walk hurts and takes weeks to overcome, but its better than using a fat fark cart!

If you book Jetstar or Tiger and use the T4 arrival and departure facilities this long walk issue doesn't apply; Only if you insist on using the old car parks, decide to change airlines when you get there, or have an interconnecting flight from another airline.