The XPB Stage 1 underway.

I could see this work if the joint was like a universal or the top pin was indeed round allowing it to rotate in the square tube. Is that what your trying to show or are we barking up the wrong tree?

Is it round after the hinge point?

You see, there is some smart people on this forum, not many, but a few 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

He has to find some suitable crash test dummies first, he has a VACANCY

Are you saying I'm not a big enough dummy? I think I am.

Wait, what?

Hi bexrbeter,When will this kit be availsble.Thanks Alf

My aims at the moment are to verify I can do something suitable to go to that stage. I have given myself a time target of about 6 months and budget to reach that point, of which 2.5 have past.

It's not just a build, it's sourcing continuous supply, comparing and identifying different methods and materials, approach to each step, parts quality, making documentation of every step for a manual, getting massages, abusing people on the net, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are you saying I'm not a big enough dummy?

Don't know how big you are but you no dummy buddy.

You crack me up Bex, like yar style, have to catch up and have a beer one day if you ever up the sunny coast way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have pretty much failed to find "very simple ideas" out there for low wing aircraft. Even when the process is simple, often the mechanism is bespoke and difficult to manufacturer or replace if damaged. I am using $20 worth of common materials that anybody could repair.Some of the high wings are brilliantly simple, bit easier when you have a wing strut to aid the process.

I can't wait until the XPH (H for high wing version) is produced with a decent, easy to operate folding wing system.

I can't wait until the XPH (H for high wing version) is produced with a decent, easy to operate folding wing system.

Well I'm hoping for a lot of carry over from the low wing to the high for economics and speed of development - based on the low wing even working out of course.

One step at a time though, the pain in my hand went down a bit this morning and so I managed to get back to the factory this 'arvo and tinker a bit for which I came up with a stupidly brilliantly simple answer to part of the wing support which means I don't have to get that particular bit welded, and it took about 15 minutes to implement it for all 4 attach points, some moments are just golden. But I lost a few days last week because I went blank for those days and couldn't resolve the basic layout, so it kind of balances out sometimes.

• Like 2

The trouble with mid-wing is you have the wing spar going fair through the cockpit - the Vampire gets away with this as the pilot would be just forward of the main spar to balance the weight of the rear-facing engine, but I'm not sure how it'd work for a tractor design. (I'm sure there's a way, there are plenty out there!)

Now I can't decide, low wing, high wing, mid wing, biplane or triplane!

Yep, I get that when trying to choose a new razor........it's hell, innit???

• Agree 1

But I lost a few days last week because I went blank for those days and couldn't resolve the basic layout, so it kind of balances out sometimes.

Bex thems are the days when you must just stop what your doing, drop everything and go fiddle with something else, play pool or if your really dumb golf, give your brain a rest and forget everything, then come back after a day or two and it's funny how it a slots into place, think they have a name for it, Cant see the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

Bex thems are the days when you must just stop what your doing, drop everything and go fiddle with something else, play pool or if your really dumb golf, give your brain a rest and forget everything, then come back after a day or two and it's funny how it a slots into place, think they have a name for it, Cant see the forest for the trees.

Indeed.

Probably just go for a massage, to get to that happy ending.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

I suppose a cranked wing with trousered u/c is out of the question........like those Corsair blokes have....

From the massage talk it sounds like he wants his undercarriage trouserless.

• Haha 1

I suppose a cranked wing .

As much as I also like that look, 3 degrees (each wing), a good dihedral, happens to be the maximum fit for easy, cheap engineering.

Landing gear will be whatever I make use of this wing stub area and the 6 bolts ....

366390922_6bolts.jpg.b6daac52a7d81876d60d30f439a078eb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1