Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Don't they have the low step and the pole nowadays. Used to be great when you ran to catch one rather than wait for the next. They also had trolleybuses where I lived and you couldn't catch them if they had more than a yard start. I wonder why they got rid of them.

What a hoon you were, no better than me:whistling:but so many did it.

The trolley buses used to accelerate faster than my legs could ever carry me.

Came a cropper a couple of times also jumping off buses as they turned a corner, once in a smart brand new black blazer and cavalry twill trousers bought only half an hour before, to impress the chicks.111_oops.gif.c3c5baaa5707146d79982a6c76d3424e.gif

Wrong thread ( Probably,. . .) just found this. . .I ADORE the Beaufighter,. . .it's a damn shame there are none left. . . .

But Phil there are still Beaufighters in museums in the UK, US, Canada and Australia AND one on long term rebuild to fly at Duxford ... I know its quite a drive for you to go and see it ...but it s a longer trip for me 006_laugh.gif.5ff3b64e6def986f3bae8daefefe7180.gifLast time I saw it (2014) it did have its engines off for rebuild but the fighter collection guys said they did intend to finish it ... someday.

But Phil there are still Beaufighters in museums in the UK' date=' US, Canada and Australia AND one on long term rebuild to fly at Duxford ... I know its quite a drive for you to go and see it ...but it s a longer trip for me [img']https://www.recreationalflying.com/xf_step/upload/uploads/emoticons/006_laugh.gif.5ff3b64e6def986f3bae8daefefe7180.gif[/img]Last time I saw it (2014) it did have its engines off for rebuild but the fighter collection guys said they did intend to finish it ... someday.

Last time I heard mate,. . .it was still "Someday" I suggested crowdfunding it. . .

One of my fave airfix kits was that beast. It had a dinghy underneath a flap on the side for the crew when ditching,. . .I read a story where one ditched and thee crew were trained to get out of the thing very fast as they went nose down very rapidly.

The crew got out, and swam away a little, floating in their Mae Wests, thinking they had no time to access the liferaft. When the aircraft had failed to sink at all after around ten minutes, they swam back to it, and found that they were on a huge sandbar, with the water depth around five feet ! . . .They proceeded to "Walk" to a nearby fishing boat !

I'll dig that book out, it's a compendium of short stories about RAF Aircrew in WW2 . . .I'll let you know in case it's still in print.

Phul.

NoThat should be twat

Well Lighty me old mate,. . . .depends on whether you are referring to the ornithological specimens or me . . .? If you mean David Cameron,. . . we the enlightened in the UK call him LTC Dave. the first two letters stand for Lying and Treacherous. . . .I'll leave the last one to your furtive imagination.

NOW. .!

Can we get back to the thread drift we were on before ? :-)

Wrong thread ( Probably,. . .) just found this. . .I ADORE the Beaufighter,. . .it's a damn shame there are none left. . . .

I think there's one being restored at Caboolture in Aus. Kyle might be able to give more info or set me straight.

Took the camera up to the strip today for a bit of a play...[ATTACH=full]42690[/ATTACH]

No, there aren't any aircraft in this one. I just liked the picture.

Nice one SF,. . . . .mind you,. . .it COULD be that new Russian stealth thingummy,. . . could you HEAR anything ? ?

Nice one SF,. . . . .mind you,. . .it COULD be that new Russian stealth thingummy,. . . could you HEAR anything ? ?

Phil, it's a possibility that new Russian stealth thingummy might also have a camera jamming pod attached. First the Aegis, now Sf's camera. Secret software to delete all aeroplane images. What next?

Phil, it's a possibility that new Russian stealth thingummy might also have a camera jamming pod attached. First the Aegis, now Sf's camera. Secret software to delete all aeroplane images. What next?

Yes,. . . .it's a terrifying thought isn't it ?. . .my old mate Merv the perv has been complaining bitterly that all the pictures he's taken up ladies skirts using a selfie stick have all come out blank,. . .perhaps the supermarkets he frequents are using the same blocking software,. . . Jeeze, what a diabolical liberty ! 004_oh_yeah.gif.138bad2925a1e956b63ce847119413ca.gif

Don't you think that the bloke on the right (as you look at the vehicle) looks like a young Roy Orbison, and the other bloke looks like Sir John Mills?

OME

In 1967, I lived in a place called Aldridge, near to Walsall, another nondescript place in the English Midlands. . . there was a strange sort of guy we used to see wandering around the town in an RAF greatcoat, wearing a leather helmet, WW2 style with the headset protuberances cut off, so that he could hear ( we assumed )

On of my friends unkindly gave him the nickname of "Pignut" . . . One day we saw him driving a Messerschmitt, we found out later that someone from a modelling club had painted it in very good Luftwaffe colours. . . and he used to drive this thing around the town wearing his leather hat along with a pair of Stadium motorcycle goggles adding to the picture. . . . . Oh how I wish I'd got a photo of that. . . with the Luftwaffe crosses on each side, it was brilliant. He had to wear the goggles I guess, because there was no plexiglass at all, even though it still had the hinged canopy. . . the thing was extremely noisy, and smoked like heck. . . .

Weird memories are made of this. . . .