Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Actually, it's not.This is an absolute lie propagated by the conservative LNP party.

Every time there's howls of "bias" from the right, independent studies prove that there is absolutely no bias in ABC reporting or interviewing. Equal time is given to each side of politics. Politicians from each side are treated with respect (in most cases, more than they're due).

The ABC only seems left-leaning when compared to most of the Rupert-owned news outlets, which are so far to the right that they make the centre look left.

What the ABC call balanced reporting, is to report on a balance of topics (equal time). The fact that almost every topic has left spin(and some completely made up) is apparently irrelevant.Equal time seems to mean 10 minutes glorifying lefty shite and 10 minutes of howling down and ridiculing anything right of far left.

As for each side treated with respect...I think we all know that is a load w*nk.

That said, I listen to and watch the ABC a lot, some really good stuff there, but some appalling stuff as well, especially on politics.

Pre 70s is a bit before my time.Interesting and a bit stupid at the same time. So many existing mechanisms in place to collect tax, having yet another for 'TV licenses', big chunk gone just running and enforcing the thing.

Then again UK had basically no sport on free to air. Luckily didn't have time to watch much TV while I was there, as there wasn't much on! (Showing, anyway. Ashes were playing at the time)

Not much different really to having to belong to RAA (paying) to fly recreational aircraft.TV licence: you pay for them to administer telly and give you stuff to watch.....

RAA cert: paying for them to administer rules made by someone else, and bugger all else.

Some like to call it "user pays"

Because there were photos of TV detector vans ....for the heck of it

And I really only posted them 'cos of the peculiar 'DF' antennas on the roof - ( being a radio Ham. . .) Thread drift regretted.

Sorry folks. All my fault. But on the plus side,. . .I learn more about all sorts of Australian stuff and attitudes to stuff here than I possibly could on ANY news site ANYWHERE ! ! ! !

Phil

Not much different really to having to belong to RAA (paying) to fly recreational aircraft.TV licence: you pay for them to administer telly and give you stuff to watch.....RAA cert: paying for them to administer rules made by someone else, and bugger all else.

Some like to call it "user pays"

Difference being you go to them - not much oversight needed, rather than them trying to find anyone with a plane and getting money out of them. I guess it makes jobs for everyone though :)

Difference being you go to them - not much oversight needed, rather than them trying to find anyone with a plane and getting money out of them. I guess it makes jobs for everyone though :)

They will actually seek you out if you use the aircraft withou having their licence (certificate for the pedants).