Gympie ERSA changes (Aug 16 2018)

There are changes afoot at Gympie,according to the new ERSA entry, apparently mostly driven by the council.

Carriage and use of radios is mandatory

PPR (Prior Permission Required) will be implemented, by way of a downloadable form from the Gympie Council website. You are supposed to give at least 3 days notice.

The ERSA says ALL aircraft will be subject to fees, but the council website lists nothing about aircraft/landing fees.

Also, the airport liason officer position seems to have been canned, and the phone number in the ERSA is only manned during the business hours of the council.

So, no runway condition reports any more,and bad luck flying into Gympie outside of business hours.

What this means for existing hangar owners is not known.

Similarly, what will this mean for events such as the monthly Gympie Aeroclub flyin??

And training flights that often divert into Gympie?? Better have that diversion planned a few days prior to taking that flight.

Beauracracy gone mad. ERSA changes to the detriment of ordinary fliers, with little thought or planning

• Agree 1

As I said in another forum already today, from council activities countrywide at the moment it would be easy to believe that there is a concerted effort underway to destroy light GA in Australia. Personally I would be delighted to hear of someone with a private strip within a twenty kilometre radius of Warwick willing and able to accommodate another aeroplane and be thus able to give the proverbial finger to the council.

• Like 1

Gympie is such a lovely airport. I diverted there once and Jen (the ARO) put us up in the bunk houses. Nice club house, the closest thing here to an FBO! It's a popular nav stop for the flight schools in the region so it's a shame to see the field blacked out so to speak.

• Agree 1

A5291318-F39A-4B01-89F8-A0B41069D62D.jpeg.83e2a574294c2854674395da3c07cb9c.jpeg Shocking news!

Just went to coucil website to see what the charges are..... could not find any info. a 10yr old can design a better website

Surprised they did not sign up with Avdata....

They've just followed in Warnervale's footsteps.

It's now PPR, CTAF® and council charges like a wounded bull. No daily rate like, oh I dunno, Bankstown or Archerfield. Noooooo, the muppets at Warnervale (Central Coast Council) now charge per landing. $27.50/t MTOW for an itinerant aircraft. So, based on 1 circuit every 6 minutes (easily doable in the RV), that's nearly $300 in landing fees per hour!

Gympie airstrip users have this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5HxN5p_WBaVx7hsFoE0T5aYXfKtQzyLSo5gktMUKnWZ86KHuCqw

council think they have this ?:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWbjRZ-xgHi8gOjnzn8LmCoWYU4KCnJTKX_wXbI1fATbMogJ3I

........... and they want this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWoscrPXA0sj0ZkQi4IA8zM52QsG0RBUUGWRr7enWtq9QBdHI2Aw

so that they can do this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu2RoviHqfpBswm6T2mvi6-VAwHVVx5HQRkwHa4GsaRquqGVWr7Q

by doing this:

upload_2018-8-10_14-5-49.jpeg.d2453493831aa8d7b7d37e95f71131a7.jpeg

from this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwOA0UdtKLDldVAvX1UE5bAR4Bb1rrdi_rAAZbU0YuPQvZZ7wA

.............. who knows - to get this ?:

upload_2018-8-10_14-9-48.jpeg.355053a94b61802a1671ac2e0538a073.jpeg

................ all said in jest of course

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 3

It is a shame. I was there a year ago looking at the hangar homes and was pleased. But with the landing and movement fee in Australia it looks like I should just stay in California. Oz needs to encourage GA, it is the perfect country for it and there would be plenty of money from fuel taxes, etc. Time for a revolution I'd say.

This is the world we live in now, where the $$$ rules everything, and Everything Has to make a profit. Our taxes are not for public infrastructure or services anymore, they are for handing out to business in one form or another.