Pilot crashes plane into his own home.

A fascinating discussion fellas, but one aspect seems to have been overlooked: why in blazes would any sane man get hitched to a female without first very carefully considering the long-term implications. I have friends and family who have experienced all the misery and injustice mentioned here- and worse- yet in many cases, blind Freddy could see it was inevitable. We should choose our life partner wisely.

Was it Socrates who advised: yes, marry if you must.

If you have a good wife you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Going by 2000+years of records, I would say the answer to that is pretty clear, Old Koreelah:

Regardless of degree of sanity, what goes on at mating time has nothing to do with careful consideration of long term implications.

Or any consideration at all, come to that, since it's not a thinking business.

It's biological. Imperative. And as the saying goes, when sex walks in the door, common sense leaves by the window...)

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

I believe that one in four DV deaths is a male. (Add an in counted number of male suicides that probably result from DV victims unable to cope). So since the number of dead males is smaller than the number of deceased females, it goes unreported by the media! Or worse, there is an assumption that the male victim either caused the situation or deserved it. I know this because that was the response I got when I phoned a DV hotline to seek help after my partner put me in hospital.

Anyway, this discussion should move offshore to the WUA forum. It's got little to do with either recreation or flying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

how many of your army mates have been beaten up by their women?

A couple. But if you take into account controlling behaviour and verbal abuse, then most.

you calculator must be stuck in the 1950s, on average there are 70 women killed by their partners every year.

And you are just repeating myths put out there by the ABC and other PC media.

The stats are very different to those portrayed by the media.

The real news about domestic violence

One of many articles.

Agree but the Family Courts are not involved in any of that, and that's who M61A1 was blasting.

The Family Courts are seriously implicated in this sort of stuff, and usually exacerbate it rather than to do anything to improve it.

An article just the other day was about the failure of the courts to refer cases of perjury where (mostly) women had been proven to have perjured themselves in the FLC.

I can remember how I felt three decades ago. It made me understand what those family murderers are feeling. I didn’t get that irrational but I felt sorry for them. I don’t any more, but did at the time. Being denied reasonable access to your kids can drive you crazy. The unfairness can drive you crazy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Lived in Logan City for 20 years and support this notion. Knew plenty of women who worked the system, and the Ex's to the fullest.

I wouldn't guess the percentage of DVOs that are B/S, but it's a lot. and the paradox is just getting a B/S DVO sends many men into a rage and justifies the DVO.

Anyone who thinks mothers think of thier kids first and wouldnt use them as pawns to scam the system, is very wrong.

Ever tried to get a DVO against a woman?.... Way harder than I ever thought it would be. Even with video evidence of her threatening to run me down in her car (with my daughter in her vehicle), the magistrate felt that she was just "upset".

• Informative 1

There was a disgruntled employee of Connellan Airways in Alice Springs who flew his employers plane into the head office and killed a few people including the manager of the company.

Yes but that was long before ASIC cards, couldn't happen now.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Ever tried to get a DVO against a woman?.... Way harder than I ever thought it would be. Even with video evidence of her threatening to run me down in her car (with my daughter in her vehicle), the magistrate felt that she was just "upset".

No offense to you but stay with your mates when she;s upset

FT, what do you do when they're "upset" 24/7? That's why there are a lot of men on the street. Why are they called "housekeepers?" When things go bad, they keep the house.

• Agree 1

No offense to you but stay with your mates when she;s upset

Those were not the circumstances. Staying with your mates won't stop a nut job trying to kill you at a child contact change-over.

And....why shouldn't she stay with her mates, if she's upset? (if you are living together)

• Agree 1