The Never Ending Story

Admin

...Stronger... holding both sides together!

"Fair suck of the wasabi bottle there ToMo the HoMo (sapian)" said NoBu. "The SportStar is held together by rivets and you can't get no stronger than that. Now I know that you country folk use baling string for all sorts of personal stuff between consenting adults, but it is rivets what hold the Sydney harbour bridge up and you'd look a bit of a mug if you stretched string from side to side on that. Well the SportStar is ..............

Now I know that you country folk use baling string for all sorts of personal stuff between consenting adults, but it is rivets what hold the Sydney harbour bridge up and you'd look a bit of a mug if you stretched string from side to side on that. Well the SportStar is ..............

But he got no further.....

"I've locked myself out!!!!" wailed Ahlocks..........

Well the SportStar is ..............

.............not the Sydney Harbour Bridge. SportScar rivet holes are just the right size for threading baling twine (or pop rivets). But not red hot solid steel rivets.

"Now wot's the technical difficulty of using baling twine for an artificial horizon?" asked the asic inspector. "Nothing artificial about it for a start" he said indignantly.

Fact-totem sniggered. "I'll catch the basket out here - I'll use the Wasabi bottle for........

"Well the SportStar is ..............

...de bug gutted and sitting out at the airfield all pristine." moaned Ahlow :baldy:

"Slack employees at the government job put an end to any plans of dirtying it last weekend." he complained. :dog:

Aloh did get a new toy in the mail today though, 016_ecstatic.gif.5614e5a92e2fc049dab310e6470edb70.gif and has been walking around Casa-mcLoch with an aviation headset on 056_headset.gif.b5a277b3873a5265c8dd8a65376ab202.gif listening to muZak and making phone calls. (:csm:)

"Ahh, music to count rivets by...."

"Ahh, music to count rivets by...."

.....singing... "1 rivet there, and 1 rivet there, and 1 rivet there, and Oh there's one missing?!" That's for the power cable for the Music amplifier, 'cause the Rotoryaxle ain't got a strong enough Alternator to keep up!................

.....singing... "1 rivet there, and 1 rivet there, and 1 rivet there, and Oh there's one missing?!" That's for the power cable for the Music amplifier, 'cause the Rotoryaxle ain't got a strong enough Alternator to keep up!................

"Look carefully before you choose airclaft" said Aki "looks like Lotorly doesn't have enough power to keep itself up! You more rikely to finish up in Tolles Stlait as shark bait."

"Look carefully before you choose airclaft" said Aki "looks like Lotorly doesn't have enough power to keep itself up! You more rikely to finish up in Tolles Stlait as shark bait."

"Listen Aki. You're starting to lose it, maate" yelled Nobu "I told ya a few posts ago that I am going the other way. Why don't you risten?"

"Forget about that" responded Aki "It is now less than a week until they lob here in good old Cowla and I heard the rat overfry the field last Fliday on his way back from Cessnock. But I wonder who else will be cum'n?" he pondered "Will the Turbobunghole be here, will AhLo make the trip on Fliday when The Lat comes in? And what about ..........?"

"How are things going Acki" asked Captain.

"Pretty good, mate" he replied.

"Thank goodness you are here, El Ratto," answered Nobu "As everyone else who used to contribute to the NES has given us the flick ...... a bit like they did back in '45."

"Don't worry, fellas." responded Ratto "As they are all fine Aussie chaps who are probably just busy with work, families or flying (but perhaps in the reverse order) and they might eventually scribe a line or two when they get a bit bored over the next week or three."

"But how would you feel if you had been encarserated for all that time, then encouraged to contribute and be a character in the NES ..... stuck here in some bloody time warp with a bunch of bokes and blokettes who are a bit warped ..... and then dumped like last weeks stale sushi (and suss plawns at that)?" answered Nob with a hint of rhetorical aggression.

"Yeah, too right" said Acki "It's like .....................

"Yeah, too right" said Acki "It's like .....................

..."45 all over again".

Turbo was seriously concerned that the people going to Cowra were not taking the threat to their aircraft seriously.

Not all Japanese escapees from the Cowra breakout were recaptured. Four of five of them were never recaptured, and no one knows where they went or what happened to them.

It couldn't be publicised, for propaganda reasons - you can imagine the fears of nearby property owners expecting to have their throats cut at any time.

Traces of a garden were found, but nothing of Japanese origin, and there were rumours that some people of lower morals than most had been buying cheap vegetables, but investigations all came to nothing.

So Turbo had been active, travelling to Cowra as a carpet cleaning contractor and nosing around.

Eventually he had come across a well organised camp in the bush, well camouflaged and with quite an extensive garden under the canopy of trees.

No one was there, but there were tracks in the direction of Cowra. He followed the trail to the southern side of the airport where a makeshift hide was found indicating the group was watching and waiting.

Seeking to protect the people coming to the fly in he reported all this to the Federal police and was mortified when they just roared laughing at the thought of hidden Japanese pilots stealing aircraft from somewhere like Cowra.

But the men haven't been found, so guys lock up your aircraft just to be sure.

[Not you Ahlocks, you'll never get home if you do]

..."45 all over again".

Turbo was seriously concerned that the people going to Cowra were not taking the threat to their aircraft seriously.

Not all Japanese escapees from the Cowra breakout were recaptured. Four of five of them were never recaptured, and no one knows where they went or what happened to them.

It couldn't be publicised, for propaganda reasons - you can imagine the fears of nearby property owners expecting to have their throats cut at any time.

Traces of a garden were found, but nothing of Japanese origin, and there were rumours that some people of lower morals than most had been buying cheap vegetables, but investigations all came to nothing.

So Turbo had been active, travelling to Cowra as a carpet cleaning contractor and nosing around.

Eventually he had come across a well organised camp in the bush, well camouflaged and with quite an extensive garden under the canopy of trees.

No one was there, but there were tracks in the direction of Cowra. He followed the trail to the southern side of the airport where a makeshift hide was found indicating the group was watching and waiting.

Seeking to protect the people coming to the fly in he reported all this to the Federal police and was mortified when they just roared laughing at the thought of hidden Japanese pilots stealing aircraft from somewhere like Cowra.

But the men haven't been found, so guys lock up your aircraft just to be sure.

[Not you Ahlocks, you'll never get home if you do]

Then it came to pass that the camp by the airport was organised by that well respected organization "The Long Way from the Coast Watch" and the whole thing was administered by the Cowra Tourist Association, who are always looking for an angle.

"We'll call it the Cowra Break-In" said the Madam President of the CTA "As that will be a clever play on words and we can save a quid by just redoing the signs with an "IN" stuck over the "OUT", and we can dine out on this for another 50 years" she added.

"But what about the human toll in all this, as we will just be pawns in this promotional game, poor Ahlow will be locked out of his fine machine and the SAAA will think we are a bunch of dickheads."

"I have my passenger and radio endorsements" replied Nobu, who had saved his pennies after the breakout and had been off training in Forbes "And I have an RV7 kit on order (tailwheel, not one of those pussy RV7A's)."

"But" continued the Turbobunghole "What about Steve Ahlow and the adverse effects of his ...............

".....excessive rear COG....."

"Is he saying that my bum looks big in this SportsSzar?" asked AhLo.

"No mate" said his loyal friend from Wagga "We all know that you carry your key cutting machine around down back to help out stranded aviators and motorists."

"Geeeez" said Nobu "We could have used that back in '43. If AhLo had been around then it would have been The Cowla Sneak-Out and we could have ................

""No mate" said his loyal friend from Wagga "We all know that you carry your key cutting machine around down back to help out stranded aviators and motorists."

"Geeeez" said Nobu "We could have used that back in '43. If AhLo had been around then it would have been The Cowla Sneak-Out and we could have ................

"......key cut our way back to Tokyo"

"They sirry buggers" said Taka, who had picked up the essentials of the local language "they not taking any notice of thleat"

"Nob, nick into town and get some sump oil. We'll bracken our faces with it on Saturday night. That way the Jab pirots won't smell us", said Taka....

"......key cut our way back to Tokyo"

"They sirry buggers" said Taka, who had picked up the essentials of the local language "they not taking any notice of thleat"

"Nob, nick into town and get some sump oil. We'll bracken our faces with it on Saturday night. That way the Jab pirots won't smell us", said Taka....

"How much do you reckon we will need?" Nob asked Tacky.

"Based on what the Jab pirots reckon, we'll need about 80 ml/hour ... so it won't have time to get brack .......... and get some massage oil for Nanna while you are there" lesponded Tack.

"No worries, cobber, me-old-maate" answered Nob, who was becoming a real Skippy "And I'll grab a couple of battered Savs and some Fairy Floss for 11'sies" he added.

Tacky thought for a while and answered "I love a good battered Sav and .............

"I love a good battered Sav and .............

Wait a mirrit. Rast time we got battered savs you stuck one in your ear Nob. Why you do that?

"Well" said Nob, "I rang Jabiroo to prace my order, but they say because of war (they mentioned it) there a sav ear shortage. So I do my bit to help".

"You pirrock Nob, they meant.....

Wait a mirrit. Rast time we got battered savs you stuck one in your ear Nob. Why you do that?"Well" said Nob, "I rang Jabiroo to prace my order, but they say because of war (they mentioned it) there a sav ear shortage. So I do my bit to help".

"You pirrock Nob, they meant.....

"WOW" commented a Dutch bloke loudly from up the back of the group.

"I thought zey said "sever ear shortage"" commented van Gough "And now I've lopped mine off for nothing, but I'd have to say that after I did it, it looked a bit like a battered sav that has been dipped in sauce at the Easter Show. I may as well have shot myself."

"Me too" Chopper piped up "I did both of mine".

"And you reckon that I'm a pirrock?" commented Nob "I'm just a sadine compared to these blokes, and they are ...........

"And you reckon that I'm a pirrock?" commented Nob "I'm just a sadine compared to these blokes, and they are ...........

"......real artists!"

"Gather lound" Aki said "just a few more hours to go. Now remember, we wait until dlum fire going and stories getting bigger and bigger, especially Lat's stories because they are full of BS and everyone likes them"

"Then we cleep towards aircraft being VERY quiet. If you stub toe on rock, don't start sucking air through your teeth rike Japanese woos!"

The escape plan was set.....

"......real artists!"

"Gather lound" Aki said "just a few more hours to go. Now remember, we wait until dlum fire going and stories getting bigger and bigger, especially Lat's stories because they are full of BS and everyone likes them"

"Then we cleep towards aircraft being VERY quiet. If you stub toe on rock, don't start sucking air through your teeth rike Japanese woos!"

The escape plan was set.....

"What are you talking about the Lat and BS (Bean Soup)? That is my lecipe" yelled The Nob is an indignant and threatening fashion that was steeped in tradition.

"You aporogize for knocking off my lecipe or I ain't gunna excape with yez" he added.

"Yes ... stay here with me, Nob" said Nanna "And I can assure you that Nobu won't need to suck air thru his teeth .... as he has ears like snorkels (when he needs to(like last night)).

"But the excape plan is to .........................

"...stick together" said Akihiko patiently "there'll be prenty of bean soup back in Tokyo, no steak though, cost is 60 dorrars a serve"

"WHAT!" yelled Nobushi. "Why we returning to Japan then"

The escape plan was beginning to unravel.

"...stick together" said Akihiko patiently "there'll be prenty of bean soup back in Tokyo, no steak though, cost is 60 dorrars a serve"

"WHAT!" yelled Nobushi. "Why we returning to Japan then"

The escape plan was beginning to unravel.

.... as even Aki said "That's a bloody good question Nob, me old China (oops, solly mate, that slipped out as you blokes all look the same to me)."

"I bags Slartifastback's Cheetah for the trip, if we go, as I love brown pussies and it has ...............

..... Escape? Would it not?

Sorry fellas' just had to say it, t'was the only thing my bwane coulda unravel dis mornin....086_gaah.gif.bd4f7be6e18bc8fde14d9d10614ceb18.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

..... Escape? Would it not?

"I know" said Tacky "We can hide in the chimley and aks someone when we are ready to excape".

"We'll aks slartiphartblast, as he knows a lot of stuff and he is a ..............

"We'll aks slartiphartblast, as he knows a lot of stuff and he is a ..............

......... A moderrattor of dis here indernet site....... Who is ah gonna meet da big boss in de big ATC state, to discuss the use of iphone app's..........

......... of iphone app's..........

"Hey Ackster" yelled Nobu "Wasn't Apps'y one of the blokes in cellblock D that was captured up in Kokoda ...... and who looked just like the bloke that shot the Captain's Uncle in '44?"

"Yes" said Acki "That's the guy. As I undertand it his family moved to the states and have made a fortune developing and selling electrical gear, but Slartifastback will be able to explain all about that as he is a wizz on this, at sticking battered savs in his ear, and ...............