The Never Ending Story

Admin

The big sub relentlessly surged closer; what were they to do?...............

.........find the rudder controls (and The Captain), and give us some direction towards Indonesian waters.

Then locate the Oceanic Viking, transfer 78 Sli Rankans while nobody is looking, & charge them about $10,000 each (double for the smugglers) & get them to a safe landing, unseen by travelling underwater.............

Put that into rhyming language Tom.

Tom can't rhyme all the time, you know....

Following Deccadence's brilliant idea the crew took the Sir Lankans off quietly and made enough to buy a new Sporstczar.

Ahlo demonstrated how to land it on the rear deck with the Subrolla headed into wind at fullo speed, and explained that you had to be very gentle because it started popping rivets if you weren't, and they were a better guide than a stall warning.

So they spent a great afternoon practising spot landings and drinking Hunter Valley Red.

It was noticed that the Japanese flyers climbed a lot higher and came down nearly vertically, but with Ahlo's coaching they didn't need much convincing that landings were better.

Don't tell anyone, but Darky put a dent in the deck, claiming she'd hit a pothole.

The newspapers started a "Parent's Overboard" story and all the Prime Minister was able to say was "Well they were there the last time we looked" It was in the media for days.

The crew discussed tendering for a Coastal Surveillance contract, but Nob had a better idea.

"I stationed in Lae, PNG during the past (not arrowed to mention War). Lae at bottom of steep hill and when the Australians came over to bomb the Base, and air raid sounded we always rusjed down to boats, because they always overshot and the bombs always landed in the Harbour.

"When we heard the air raid siren , we knew we would have sushi for dinner.

"Why don't we get some 200 lb bombs, go up to Indonesian waters and do a deal with the fishermen. They're always losing their boats in Australian waters, so we coulod charge a lot, buy two Sportsczars and have dogfights."

The Rat had been rooted to the mess room through all this, his nose screwed up and not talkking to anyone. It wasn't his idea to buy a Sportsczar and he was damned of he was going to fly one.

An idea came to his little brain......

...not cricket

=======

Couldn't think of any rhyming words, so feel free to ignore me

Darky, Darky, Darky.... what is going on...? you have been going so well and now you go and do that on us! 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

===========

But don't worry to much,

because I'm down right hopeless...

at all things rhyming,

That I'd rather go an eat lunch.

Typical example above ^ :black_eye:

Ahlocks is excelling himself rather though,

By going with the flow....

brain...

Better young Tomo? :)

I never promised it would make sense though... Typical lawer!! 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif Sorry couldn't help it!

Better, better for sure....

That is just not the same... As an ordinary pain,

Because it is to do with a plane,

And that is no ... brain...

Oh what a shame,

to be so lame,

and have no fame...

it's never going to be the same,

No, never again...

=====

Is thinking it's past my bed time.... 071_yawn.gif.ed9fe9d0060bea1ba30edf7c498c2aed.gif

By going with the flow....

I dont know about the flow, it's darky's brain that's that's now on show. :uhoh2:

If she can't rhyme it really matters, her reputation could end in tatters!

Well, legal folk should know a bit, 'bout twisting words an other s:censored:t .

But if Darks can't rhyme she's up the creek, her yarns in court could prove quite weak.069_boring.gif.9e637ba5ab99baa57b9a7fc36fd8134f.gif

But we'll cut some slack if Darkster fails. We'll sleight her hat 066_naughty.gif.b89c2da7d619f57a774d625ba24a42f0.gif, her coat and tails.

And if she can't get her brain on track.......Well,... we'll know that she's not a train...augie.gif.346f47c3977a17668982a7a2e09685c9.gif

Any as foolish as our Ahlocks

Who jumped right over his wheel chocks

To pitch a barbed rhyme at the word of the law

And cut Darky’s sense to the raw

should now take great care of his bollocks

because............

Today Darky is at work

But amongst the NES she does still lurk

To get her revenge upon our Ahlocks

By stealing his favourite pair of socks

At least he gets to keep his jocks

Pity about his flowing locks

That once did grace his cheerful visage

Before the perils of senior age

Let Darky snitch his mis-matched socks

So that now upon a stormy night

He……

Today Darky is at workBut amongst the NES she does still lurk

To get her revenge upon our Ahlocks

By stealing his favourite pair of socks

At least he gets to keep his jocks

Pity about his flowing locks

That once did grace his cheerful visage

Before the perils of senior age

Let Darky snitch his mis-matched socks

So that now upon a stormy night

He……

...didn't but he thought he might

embroider his jocks to match his features.....

Stop baggin' me socks and me old Bonds breeches,

you nasty, troublesome, NES creatures. :patch:

The yarn's about subs and trains and flying,

not socks that smell like something's dieing. :yuk:

But here's a twist* to get back on course, augie.gif.346f47c3977a17668982a7a2e09685c9.gif

Ask Hidey 'bout short landings** .... and what he did with the horse***na_na.gif.77b7aa06a1279edccd56932494ddf71b.gif

===========

*Undies reference

**aviation reference

*** never let truth get in the way of a story reference

Caution Ahlocks and aviation PC alert.

this posting contains reference to short landing, horse, train, plane, submarine, persons of asian extraction, and may cause offence to persons of SBS disposition.

On Tuesday,, Febuary 17, 1942 Hidey’s brother John’s birth date, Nobuo Fujita took off and flew a reconnasissance flight over Sydeny harbour and by 7.30 am had landed, disassembled his aircraft and had it stowed in the watertight hangar of his submarine I-25.

Now that was pretty impressive short takeoff, skyrangering and landing! And all done without the benefit of a Rotary axe, nor acknowledgement of Victor one airway.

Hidey is seriously upset that the incident with the horse should have been alluded to and does suggest that he who suffers from a deficiency of socks have all his travelling aspirations be henceforth confined to the horse iron.

Thus when confined to the rails straight and narrow he will be no longer able to ………