Journalists ID of aircraft

There are Australian Crows (the Torresian Crow), they are identified as being slightly smaller in build than Australian Ravens, and they have a slightly shorter call. The Torresian Crows do not have the prominent throat hackles of the Australian Raven.

The Torresian Crows reside more in the Northern and Western regions of Australia. The Ravens seem to prefer the urbanised areas, although there's still no shortage of them in rural regions. It's difficult to precisely identify between all 5 types of Australian Crows and Ravens.

13 hours ago, onetrack said:

There are Australian Crows (the Torresian Crow), they are identified as being slightly smaller in build than Australian Ravens, and they have a slightly shorter call. The Torresian Crows do not have the prominent throat hackles of the Australian Raven.

The Torresian Crows reside more in the Northern and Western regions of Australia. The Ravens seem to prefer the urbanised areas, although there's still no shortage of them in rural regions. It's difficult to precisely identify between all 5 types of Australian Crows and Ravens.

Do you have an identification chart similar to those provided above, to assist us? :help:

• Haha 1

Planedriver - Here you go, in the link below is 4 of the 5 corvid species - plus a good chart showing the individual differences between the 5 species.

The chart is a bit small unfortunately, you need to magnify the page, to be able to read it properly.

https://birdlife.org.au/australian-birdlife/detail/the-trouble-with-ravens

• Informative 1

So in the future there will be no “bird” strike reports from the journalist pedants. Instead they should report“Southern Cassowary” or Gouldian Finch or Pied Cormorant or whatever species they hit.

• Haha 1

Black Shag !.

That,s the name l grew up with, for the Black Cormorant.

And

Those Black birds all look like !, crows at a distance.

Without magnifying which is Not the Crow.

I went to Blactown to see about a bicycle part, from Blacmans Cycles.

My PP is Bad !. LoL

spacesailor

I want to see the journalists describe the bird strike using Latin binomial nomenclature, so I'm assured that they've done their homework.

I mean to say, nothing would impress readers more than to read, "the B777-300ER, travelling at 256 knots at an altitude of 1350 feet, was involved in a bird ingestion event, whereby a male member of Anseranas semipalmata species was sucked into the turbine, damaging the engine inlet blades and the low pressure compressor blades, and also damaging the engine casing. The Captain and First Officer applied the correct emergency procedures for an engine-out event, shut down the damaged engine, reassured the passengers that a bird strike had occurred, and they were returning to the airport to carry out a single engine landing, which event would be quite within the aircraft and crews abilities and there was no need for concern".

You have to admit, that sounds better than "over 300 passenger endured a horrifying event today, involving an engine explosion on a jumbo Airbus, with passengers screaming and crying in fear as flames and parts flew out the back of the engines, while passengers cried and prayed! Martha Dobbs from Dargadowns spoke to us, and said, "It was HORRIBLE! The engine just BLEW UP!! And the Captain tried to tell us EVERYTHING was O.K.!! But we KNEW, we were in BIG trouble!! ......"

Roosters CROW at the break of dawn & I'd like to wring the neck of the one 2 doors up the road at that time every day.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, kgwilson said:

Roosters CROW at the break of dawn & I'd like to wring the neck of the one 2 doors up the road at that time every day.

Ditto re the bluddy Cacatua galerita. They’re clever enough to land in the tree next door, just out of range, then start their atrocious screeching, before flying away to join their mates in destroying another farmer’s crop.

• Like 1

What's this gotta do with Journalist's ID of aircraft? ATC terminology would do . They don't go into the minutea of the type and model.  In PNG it's BALUS Bird or Benetang (mosquito). Nev

Edited by facthunter