What's the weather like in your part of Australia

BrendAn

Looking forward to Spring. Went out to put some rubbish in the bin, had to werar 3 pullovers to block the wind. Eleven days till Christmas, need the ducted heating on to get the temp up to 19 deg. Sunglasses and raincoat weather.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rgmwa said:

Balmy 18 deg, nice sunny morning in the Perth Hills. Working from home listening to the birds outside.

gotta love perth weather. except the 40 plus days.Β  every time we said we were from albany, perth people would say its freezing down there . albany is tropical compared to this place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

gotta love perth weather. except the 40 plus days.Β  every time we said we were from albany, perth people would say its freezing down there . albany is tropical compared to this place.

Just spent the last week down around Albany. Came dressed for Perth weather. Didn’t realise how much colder Albany would be. πŸ₯Ά Still, nothing on the Gippsland temperatures that my daughter is reporting to us.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sfGnome said:

Just spent the last week down around Albany. Came dressed for Perth weather. Didn’t realise how much colder Albany would be. πŸ₯Ά Still, nothing on the Gippsland temperatures that my daughter is reporting to us.Β 

a cold morning in albany is 12 deg. over here its 5 or 6. after moving back to vic i will never complain about albany weather again.

you probably want to move down there now. 100 times better than perth. 😁

Β 

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

13 projected here. A bit of height is always cooler. .Β  Nev

gisborne is a nice town, i was up there a couple weeks back. delivering timber

9 minutes ago, sfGnome said:

what part of gippsland is your daughter in.

Just now, sfGnome said:

Bairnsdale. Pouring & freezing (apparently πŸ˜›).Β 

i am only 50 km from bairnsdale.Β  summer is usually good here. iΒ  am in melbourne 5 days a week for work and there is a completely different weather pattern in east gippsland to melbourne. although its all horrible atm. the wet construction sites are sending us broke. hoping for dry weather after christmas.

• Like 1

6 degrees this morning. As the waterlogged airstrip might dry out soon, i'd better finish the annual next week. We moved a friends C182 last week - we got it unbogged and moved 20 metres before it settled into the mud again 😞

• Like 1

"Sitting here in the west of Melbourne waiting for the rain to stop. Wondering what the weather is like in other parts of aus. We have a nice summer in Vic. 10deg here ATM.😁"

Β 

If it's any comfort, it's no better in the East, it's raining, againΒ πŸ₯Ί

Β 

When I was out at YLIL a week ago, it was hard to believe how bad it looks.

I know there are places that have had it worse, but it's copped a beating with the rain, only 1 of 3 runways open and the groundsman is working overtime trying to get the other 2 back to useable condition. This weather isn't helping.

Surely there can't be that much water left up in the sky, 'cause it's all down here 😡 🀣

Β 

• Like 2

On the sub tropical island I have moved to it is just about perfect. 32 deg with a cooling breeze. We get enough rain to keep it green, but not to flood us.

My old home was just about the same. Central Qld is the place to be.

• Like 2

Here on the bountiful Liverpool Plains the temperature has been varying between early spring 5 degree nights and 33 summer days- with a violent storm every couple of weeks. Our farmers have counted 8 floods this year, some covering whole crops, but just enough dry in between for a good harvest. More rain in a year or so than the previous decade.
Β 

Flying? If the noise stops, it’s mostly been a choice between a rice padi and chest-high grass.

• Like 1