Door falls off Ozrunways

Continuing its focus to support pilots around the world with powerful and innovative applications, Boeing today announced it has acquired OzRunways. With this, OzRunways becomes part of the ForeFlight family.  

• Sad 2

There was an error in the press release. It was supposed to read like this.......

Continuing its focus on profit over safety regardless of manufacturing issues, and dismissing whistleblowers as disaffected and disgruntled employees, Boeing today announced it has acquired OzRunways. With this acquisition, OzRunways becomes part of the ForeFlight family, and will now fully concentrate on its major company priority - a 35% ROI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In fact we should be congratulating Bas Scheffers, the Co Founder and CEO of Ozrunways who was once a member of this forum who reached for the stars and succeeded.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Would this be better in OFF TOPIC?  Nev

No, this is something nearly all active pilots will be talking about

Boeing's existing EFB product, foreflight, is apple iOS only. Foreflight recently launched in Australia with all necessary approvals. What might this acquisition mean for existing Ozrunways android users? No further development or the base for global android foreflight EFB?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2

Wow!  What's going to happen to our friendly, quick and savvy local support service? 

Will we all be moved over (like it or lump it) to the FF app, after OzRWYs Classic is quietly withdrawn?

This comes as a bit of a shock - even for iOS users; a Starbucks style takeover, quite out of the blue.

Will AvPlan bat on as the only little Aussie battler EFB?

Avplan has a better Android interface any way. It doesn't bother me as I don't use either. I use a simple free system without the bells and whistles and compexity called Enroute navigation which does everything I need and interfaces with my SE2.

17 minutes ago, kgwilson said:

Avplan has a better Android interface any way. It doesn't bother me as I don't use either. I use a simple free system without the bells and whistles and compexity called Enroute navigation which does everything I need and interfaces with my SE2.

Does Enroute navigation have the documents, ersa etc, that would be required for a ramp check? 

If you read the press release it mentions that the same team will be running of runways, the same support people will be helping everyone and the foundation team still have 35% interest in the business.  That should solve all of your questions.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

Does Enroute navigation have the documents, ersa etc, that would be required for a ramp check? 

No. I have ERSA on my phone & all the maps on there and my tablet as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

If you read the press release it mentions that the same team will be running of runways, the same support people will be helping everyone and the foundation team still have 35% interest in the business.  That should solve all of your questions.

I'm in the software industry.

Yeah, nah.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yes, the doors may surely fall off, and the inflight service levels may become MIA... Should not be so negative; on the up n up subscription fees will rise!

"MAMA MIA, OZA RUN AWAYAS 🤦🏼‍♀️🙆🏽"

7 hours ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

Almost all corporate acquisitions make a similar statement, then once they get their feet under the table, restructures begin, original managers are moved sideways and then out the door, products are modified, updated, removed or replaced, prices increase, processes change and everyone is happy except the original customers.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if OzRunway’s best features turn up in Foreflight which eventually takes over, at least on iOS. Why would Boeing maintain two competing product lines when Foreflight dominates in the US.

• Agree 1

Foreflight do not need the product as they already have their own.

So probably they are going after the customer base. Only problem is these sort of takeovers have very mixed results.

• Like 1