Show us your 2nd hand dream aircraft

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old plane dream machine (won't need the 'aeroplane scented after shave for that) is the Feiseler Storch, for instance:

Lucky money is no object here, the Storch cost more $ per mile than a Spitfire, a great combo of high fuel consumption & damn slow!

I would love this one that will be familiar to any R/C modellers that have been around for a while.......

886023277_LibertySport1.jpg.023811360704f77fcc7c1bc707013087.jpg

1124952116_LibertySport2.jpg.358831084bf54995266f8f8ce0ab5f1c.jpg

The Liberty Sports, a one off home built, a beautiful machine. I scratch built an R/C one off the Sig plans when I was 18.

The full size one was for sale on Barnstormers.com just recently.

• Like 1

I've changed my mind. If money was no object - (eg if I had about 3.5 million to throw away)...[ATTACH=full]19343[/ATTACH]

Nice.I would love to cruise burning 180 litres a hour.That would get the tree huggers upset.LOL

• Like 1

I like the idea of a Caribou as a tourer if they were still around... keep a car in the back when you arrive for getting about. Plenty of room to deck out the back as a camper as well.. The fuel consumption would be an issue tho..

For fun I always liked the lines of the Macchi.. pity about the wings..lol but I am ex RAAF so have a soft spot for these..

• Like 1

I like the idea of a Caribou as a tourer if they were still around... keep a car in the back when you arrive for getting about. Plenty of room to deck out the back as a camper as well.. The fuel consumption would be an issue tho.

My wife has often mentioned a Herc with a Winabago & a Foxbat with folding wings in the back!!!

• Like 4

Ok....Now this one is my "If you could have ONE airplane only" scenario and you aren't a Squillionaire...

Looking at the figures for a practical, economical family and fun machine, the one aeroplane that ticks IMO the most boxes and doesn't cost a fortune...

The classic Tri-Pacer...

To the very day I die, the aircraft that will hold a special place in my heart is the Tri-Pacer. It was the first real aircraft I ever owned (My first first was a 150, but my parents bought it for me so it does not really count!!!!!).

The reason it is so special is because I bought this old girl for .......... $5K out the backyard of a deceased estate. Not flown in a number years, but had an all metal conversion for the skins and was a TOTAL delight to fly!

I ended up deciding to re-build it after doing a whole bunch of hours in it, as a way to re-pay it's good service. I left america before I could ever finish it off. Still The tri-pacer is a top notch machine, worth next to nothing and flies like a DREAM.

This is how I found it.

And this is how I left it

• Like 6

Guest Howard Hughes
Nice.I would love to cruise burning 180 litres a hour.That would get the tree huggers upset.LOL

I can double that, even worse down low!

Yes the Apache. Did my initial twin endorsement way back in they mid eighties in the Apache then on to the Aztec.Cheers

Did mine about then too!

I like the idea of a Caribou as a tourer if they were still around... keep a car in the back when you arrive for getting about. Plenty of room to deck out the back as a camper as well.. The fuel consumption would be an issue tho.

Bolt a couple of Rotaxes on?

My 'old plane' dream machine (won't need the 'aeroplane scented after shave for that Louis) is the Feiseler Storch, for instance:

It really looks like he is taxing about and then ......... the thing bloody well gets airborne!!!!!

The small tail area would indicate some exciting times likely. Nev

The last Sport Pilot magazine featured a Sonerai 1.. it had enlarged tail feathers (as distinct from alternative square and slightly larger? tail feathers as an option from the plans).

To the very day I die, the aircraft that will hold a special place in my heart is the Tri-Pacer. It was the first real aircraft I ever owned (My first first was a 150, but my parents bought it for me so it does not really count!!!!!).The reason it is so special is because I bought this old girl for .......... $5K out the backyard of a deceased estate. Not flown in a number years, but had an all metal conversion for the skins and was a TOTAL delight to fly!

I ended up deciding to re-build it after doing a whole bunch of hours in it, as a way to re-pay it's good service. I left america before I could ever finish it off. Still The tri-pacer is a top notch machine, worth next to nothing and flies like a DREAM.

This is how I found it.

And this is how I left it

Cripes Louis, judging by those tie down chains, you must have dragged it out of tornado country. Didn't never saw nuttin like that in the little old Okie town I was in.