What name have you given to your aircraft?

pudestcon

Unfortunately we have no imagination. We call them by the maker's name - the Rans, Lightwing, Karasport; and he calls mine "your poor plane" with a sad lilt reserved for old Cessnas sitting in the weather with the paint oxidising away. We are about to embark on a refurbish and repaint so I am sure there will be "other" names as the work progresses. I get to design a new paint scheme for the C152. Any ideas?

Sue

Ok,

After my eldest daughter posting on facebook that she is never calling my new Girlfriend her step mum, she said Mistress she can live with.

So it looks like instead of me caressing and rolling and easing into my new Girlfriend I am allowed to do that with my Mistress.

So Mistress it is, I can live with throwing my mistress around and taking her out for overnighters and trips away, getting warm and snuggly in her when it's cold outside.

Could never do that in my trike, I was made to put more clothes on with her.

Cheers

Alf & his Mistress

• Like 1

My Pitts is "Marion" from a previous owner and its life associated with the Cole Bros Flying Circus.

.. I get to design a new paint scheme for the C152. Any ideas?

I'm no help as I have no style at all - I just stick to classic paint schemes but some people like other stuff:

• Like 1

Unfortunately we have no imagination. We call them by the maker's name - the Rans, Lightwing, Karasport; and he calls mine "your poor plane" with a sad lilt reserved for old Cessnas sitting in the weather with the paint oxidising away. We are about to embark on a refurbish and repaint so I am sure there will be "other" names as the work progresses. I get to design a new paint scheme for the C152. Any ideas?Sue

with apologies to thommo (not Tomo):

1771475220_warbirdC150.png.655a4826e0fea08947bca1a2b7150680.png

My trike was named "Mother Goose" by its previous owner. I shortened it to "The Goose" by removing the M, O and R. Fitting name my wife said as she thought I was a goose for flying such a small plane.

"mor" means "mum" in Danish. blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

What do you call it when it starts first time???....Go Champ.Alan.

Don't have time to call it anything - too busy scarpering around the struts to get inside to prevent it 'going' without me'.

• Like 1

As I said in Alfs thread my Savannah is called "The Girlfriend" I am taking the girlfriend out for a spin is the usual callThe wife always says.."send me a text when you land"....and we are both happy

Kyle, sorry, off your topic but you have helped me out in the past. I need a new leading edge skin and fwd mounting brackets for a Savannah tail. What is thge best way to obtain same. I thought I had asked Reg at Savannah but that was weeks ago and I've heard nothing back. Is he contactable on this foirum?

I have my CH701 VH registered I was given VH-ABG which I googled to find it was the registration of the last remaining Short Empire class flying boat "Coriolanus" being a bit of an enthusiast (aren't we all) I was quite pleased with that and thought I might call mine Coriolanus 2. Incidentally the boat was broken up at Rose Bay the year before I was born.

I have my vinyl rego number ready to put on my new skins, I got them to also make the name for the side of the Drifter pod.....as my wife always referred to ultralights, it's my "Death Machine"

• Like 1