Tailem Bend light aircraft down 10/6/15

Waiting on more info, I hope he is OK:

"A PILOT has suffered facial injuries after he crashed a light plane in a paddock near Tailem Bend in the Murraylands.

The 46-year-old man was treated by paramedics after the plane crashed just after 8am. He will be flown by helicopter to hospital for further treatment."

Also at ABC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today my best mate and flying partner in crime had a bad accident. I am unable to speak about it as I'm assisting investigators ....

News Is here . I'm in shock right now and ph ringing non stop

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5

Guest asmol

Why do we always have the, "I cant speak about it" "The coroner said i cant speak" etc. I think its a complete load of bollocks. Has ANYONE ever been in trouble for talking about an accident ? I don't think so either.

What about all the people that drive past a traffic accident on our roads, they give reports, tell friends, do they get in trouble for talking NO, NO, NO.

Whoever comes up with such comments on this site really needs to provide proof that we cant talk about anything because otherwise i think its just rubbish!

Rant over and my best wishes to those involved in a speedy recovery.

Why do we always have the, "I cant speak about it" "The coroner said i cant speak" etc. I think its a complete load of bollocks. Has ANYONE ever been in trouble for talking about an accident ? I don't think so either. What about all the people that drive past a traffic accident on our roads, they give reports, tell friends, do they get in trouble for talking NO, NO, NO.

Whoever comes up with such comments on this site really needs to provide proof that we cant talk about anything because otherwise i think its just rubbish!

IM ASSISTING INVESTIGATES !!!!!!! And giving statements... NO TIME. sheesh

ANY WAY. Now I have a spare few minutes before removing aircraft for storage... My best mate put his beloved tiger moth down in a lime rock filled paddock. The out come was horrifying as he suffered severe facial injuries and internal injuries , he remained conscious and was air lifted to adelaide , just told he now stable.... When I speak to him I'll give more details.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Today my best mate and flying partner in crime had a bad accident. I am unable to speak about it as I'm assisting investigators ....News Is here . I'm in shock right now and ph ringing non stop

I hope your mate is OK. And you as well. Chin up mate.

He is stable. But a real mess. I was not with him when in happened as I was home waiting his arrival.i was at the scene within 15 mins... No need to speculate ... Engine failure and Come in very fast over a fresh ploughed Rocky paddock the plane flipped on touch down .. It nice to be told by police you need to move the wreckage emediatly so his son, his wife and I were left to remove it..... Oh and the media.... Stop calling my house and using pics of me and my nieuport. It WAS A TIGER MOTH.

• Like 1

He is stable. But a real mess. I was not with him when in happened as I was home waiting his arrival.i was at the scene within 15 mins... No need to speculate ... Engine failure and Come in very fast over a fresh ploughed Rocky paddock the plane flipped on touch down .. It nice to be told by police you need to move the wreckage emediatly so his son, his wife and I were left to remove it..... Oh and the media.... Stop calling my house and using pics of me and my nieuport. It WAS A TIGER MOTH.

That's very surprising since this is a VH aircraft, and ATSB would normally want to protect the scene, unless they have decided not to investigate.

• Agree 1

Tim,

I hope he has a speedy return to the skies and his recovery is as painless as possible. To his family my best wishes in this difficult time.

He is lucky to have a great friend like you to assist his progress and help his family.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

He is stable. It nice to be told by police you need to move the wreckage emediatly so his son, his wife and I were left to remove it.....

Seems to me once the police investigation is complete the removal of the plane would be an arrangement between the farmer and the owner or owner's family. I think the coppers have exceeded their authority if they are ordering it removed by next of kin or friends of a badly injured victim.

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard
Why do we always have the, "I cant speak about it" "The coroner said i cant speak" etc. I think its a complete load of bollocks. Has ANYONE ever been in trouble for talking about an accident ? I don't think so either. What about all the people that drive past a traffic accident on our roads, they give reports, tell friends, do they get in trouble for talking NO, NO, NO.

The State Coroner can actually order your arrest and imprisionment for making statements relevent to a forthcoming Coroners enquiry which is a legal court hearing. You can be charged and convicted for Jepodising a trial, amoungst other things......want to go to jail ???......