29 RA-Aus deaths in 29 months

And just as an aside for our city dwelling plastic/spam can flyers,, the rag and tube rego,s have not been dropping off the RAA balance sheet because the aircraft do not exist any more, many ,oh many outback flyers have been flying and safely doing so for over 10 years or more without the horrible accident rate of our plastic/spam can cousins or the ugly costs of cta more weight RSO{quasi casa inspecters} more fee increases and the loss of a very important information booklet for members to cross check and reference in the field ,not at home on a computer.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very informative mate ,,oh i,m really scared now ,i COULD be procecuted or spend time in JAIL [scary} shame about all the drug dealers /murderers car thiefs ,and FALSE pretences fraudsters flying QUASI GA aircraft that are OVERWEIGHT as they will have no where to go ,,And if you think that is BULL well pull out the scales and check some of ourFTF<S aircraft ,AS i personally know of one that regulary flies overweight because with full full and two large people on board it,s not possible to meet the restrictions imposed by RAA on paper to cover thier ass.....what a joke.....................And to really throw the cat amonst the pidgeons ,,,CASA and RAA RAMP checks at flyins should include a weigh in of the aircraft before departure from said flyins to ensure ALL regulations are complied with as the department of transport do for heavy vehicles on our highways as the regulations are much the same ,,,,,,,see how the attendence rate drops then.......................

bull......ol mate, i'm getting the feeling you are an unhappy soul, lot of agro running around in there. "Rules" etc, way back when, near on strangled us, but hey, you can fly this entire continent now, generally sensible rulings, in a plastic fantastic, or rag and tube......so why the grype.

You and others that do your own thing ( illegally by the way ).....only aide the negative brigade re ultralites. We all get tarnished in a way. Rules are rules, hate em or love em, they're there, without rules.......now that's a worry.

just sayin.........

• Agree 5

Sports aviation has been around a lot longer than RAA and still exists as in SAAA ,my gripe is false pretences of the quasi GA clan that has taken over an organisation formed for and to cater to,,,ULTRALIGHTS

I see that nominations for the board have been called. Here's your chance, Bull.

bull......ol mate, i'm getting the feeling you are an unhappy soul, lot of agro running around in there. "Rules" etc, way back when, near on strangled us, but hey, you can fly this entire continent now, generally sensible rulings, in a plastic fantastic, or rag and tube......so why the grype.You and others that do your own thing ( illegally by the way ).....only aide the negative brigade re ultralites. We all get tarnished in a way. Rules are rules, hate em or love em, they're there, without rules.......now that's a worry.

just sayin.........

Hey Russ 90 % of departing aircraft at flyins with full fuel,camping gear tents etc etc are doing so ILLEGALLY TOO MATE as they are OVERWEIGHT but do so because they know they are not gunna be weighed,so How about we all obey the RULES

I see that nominations for the board have been called. Here's your chance, Bull.

Has been tried before but one board member that follows the rules of the formation of the AUF in the first place is out numbered by the GA clan and made to feel like an outcast or traitor ,,,RE the resignation rate of board members under {PERSONAL REASONS} the only way out is for CASA to enforse the weight regulations that are in force now and procecute offenders {YOU all know who i,m talking about plastics/spam cans}}and introduce a user pays endorsement system .....................................

Id suggest the LSA and such owners and members are largely funding RAA

They have fought piles of BS from CASA who would have happily closed down sport aviation long ago

Do you seriously think old AUF would have passed an audit from CASA? If you think they would have continued to ignore the disregard of rules, many of which have always existed but only recently been audited.

The issue of overweight has no link to RAA, many GA flights also well overweight, except they are over AIRCRAFT MTOW, not just a legal line in the sand like RAA.

It sure does seem you have a problem with most things

Truth is nothing is stopping you flying under the reduced limitations brought about by RAA, repeated attempts to increase interest from rag and tube types has failed, completely as a result of declining interest or maybe age of participants sick of flying around cold and being held up by wind or weather.

Form your own group or fly illegally, better book a meeting with SSAO, whatever, but dont drag down a system which is working for most.

• Agree 7

Bull,

I think you are very angry about something- not quite sure what though.

What plane is doing 190 knots or is it 160 knots for 6 hours? I have not heard of any Bonanzas in the RA category. Maybe I am missing something. Must have a very special aircraft a huge bladder and a lot of fuel or are you taking the piss?

You seem to be saying that because some use their aircraft more than you they should be punished financially. That because some might appear to not meet the spirit of the rules in your view - that you should not have to follow any at all.

If some are exceeding the weight allowed for the rules this does not automatically mean we all are. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! The weight issue can also relate to it been artificially low and not related to safety- as a particular aircraft might happily be safe if the weight allowance was more sensible for its type. The weights issue has been a live debate for a long time and has yet to be resolved to adequately meet the breadth of aircraft out there- that meet the spirit of our sport.

It could easily be argued that the faster planes you complain of, have a far greater margin of safety in normal flying conditions due to the wide flight envelope they have, compared to the very slow ones you advocate. Just like the high performance bikes I and many others ride- they are far safer than the lower performance models of old. They have the power, brakes, handling and stability far exceeding those of old. It all comes down to the user. Should they also be banned unless I have a racing licence?

We are in 2015 not 1915.

As far as the board goes- like any organisation, if you come across as seeking improvement and are reasoned in your arguments, open to the views of others and accept science as science, facts as facts etc then you or anyone else should have a go. Have you ever thought personal reasons might also be code for personality?

Given the way you seem to approach this topic you may have a career in politics. You know that bunch that think science, facts, rule of law, fairness etc don't matter.

The mad monk awaits your call.

• Agree 1

Because mate the quasi ga brigade are costing the true ULTRALIGHT pilot who only requires to fly around his patch the freedoms to do so,and as members of the so called RAA are paying so you can fly to Tullamarine and do 190 knots for 6 hours ...

??????? I don't follow the reasoning behind this statement. How does any flight I do, short or long, fast or slow, have any relationship to RAA fees?

If you take LSAs for an example I would suggest that they cost less to RAA to administer. Compliance etc is between the owner and the manufacturer, no involvemant of the tech staff - either complying or not.

When I fly into CTA I do so on my CASA issued licence (with CASA AFR & CASA medical) authorised by CAO 95.55 - again nothing to do with the RAA OPS manual or other members fees.

I have seen similar statements made before but they just do not hold water.

• Agree 1

??????? I don't follow the reasoning behind this statement. How does any flight I do, short or long, fast or slow, have any relationship to RAA feees?If you take LSAs for an example I would suggest that they cost less to RAA to administer. Compliance etc is between the owner and the manufacturer, no involvemant of the tech staff - either complying or not.

When I fly into CTA I do so on my CASA issued licence (with CASA AFR & CASA medical) authorised by CAO 95.55 - again nothing to do with the RAA OPS manual or other members fees.

I have seen similar statements made before but they just do not hold water.

Because of the cost increases mate,no one has answered why affordable was sneakily changed to :accessable: either ..........

All good so long as a USER PAYS system is introduced,,why do i ,who never flys more than 20 miles from my patch ,have to pay so you can fly to sydney/brisbane tullamarine at 160 kts for 6 hours etc etc etc etc etc ....

Bull,

What drugs are you on??? 160kts I wish, 100 for me fella and that is plenty fast enough.

My registration is 24- .... (aka) RAA not GA, just like you if your registered that is, I cannot fly in to Tullamarine, Essendon, Moorrabin, Archerfield, Bankstown or and airport that comes under ATC as I have an RAA certificate and we aren't allowed in to controlled airspace, don't go bitching that you only fly 20 miles around your patch, nothing stopping you flying anywhere I do albeit it will take you a lot longer to get there.

I pay the same fees as you so why should I have a user pays system and not you, I pay registration as you do and have a certificate as you do.

About time mate you built a bridge and got over whatever your issue is considering half you rants have no substance.

For what it is worth, my aircraft can fly at max gross weight with me and a pax (depending on their weight up to 95 kg) and full fuel a small amount of baggage and still be within the cg range as i actually do weight and balance calculations and have had my aircraft professionally weighed, I also fill out a WB chart that I have printed off for my aircraft (do you)

You want to fly around at 300 ft and not cross a public road, fill your boots mate, rules and times have changed.

PS remember to stay out of controlled airspace mate WE under RAA unless you have a GA licence cannot fly a RAA registered plane in to it. END of STORY

Alf

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

PS remember to stay out of controlled airspace mate WE under RAA unless you have a GA licence cannot fly a RAA registered plane in to it. END of STORY

But the costs for lobbying to do so are payed by our membership END OF STORY

Your list of aircraft explains your reasoning fully............mister GA {probably with a bad ticka too}

Getting personal now Bull which is not really warranted .

Most ex GA pilots move to RAA for the cost, GA is expensive, fuel is expensive, GA planes use lots of it & RAA planes don't.

They have as much right to join the RAA as the rest of us do, good on them, they don't need to lobby to fly in to controlled airspace because they already have the qualifications to do such.

Me I have no desire to fly in controlled airspace, I can quite happily navigate around it because I go a lot further than 20 miles from home, you might want to spread your wings and get out of your 20 mile comfort zone, it's quite therapeutic actually

Dont give the "BULL" troll the time of day ! Just ignore him ! He is obviously off his medication.

This coming from someone who has no avitar photo or AIRCRAFT listed ,,,WHO,s the TROLL, I,m real and so is my aircraft and at present is fully registered with RAA as is my pilots certificate are you real :asmol:what do,s that stand for ??????,,,,,,,,and i,ve been on this site since 2011
  • Like 1

Bull I reckon there should be extra tax on people who live in tropical resort areas with flash golf courses nearby. I live in the bush 150 km from the nearest beach and need to fly more than 20km to get to somewhere worth looking at and landing at. Seriously, we should all stick up for each other, there are enough ratbags out there who would like to shut us down.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Guest asmol
This coming from someone who has no avitar photo or AIRCRAFT listed ,,,WHO,s the TROLL, I,m real and so is my aircraft and at present is fully registered with RAA as is my pilots certificate are you real :asmol:what do,s that stand for ??????,,,,,,,,and i,ve been on this site since 2011

Sorry Bull, you are obviously a much better person than i am because i dont have an avatar and i guess by your appalling attitude and inability to express yourself properly and sensibly that you are better than all of us here.

I think you left a Y off your user name. Its not BULL but BULLY.

ASMOL is the name of the medication that keeps me alive each and every day and that was sitting on my table when i signed up a year ago so that was the name i used when trying to think up a user name. Who really gives a hoot that you have been here since 2011, some will say you have wasted your time.

Sorry Bull, you are obviously a much better person than i am because i dont have an avatar and i guess by your appalling attitude and inability to express yourself properly and sensibly that you are better than all of us here.I think you left a Y off your user name. Its not BULL but BULLY.

ASMOL is the name of the medication that keeps me alive each and every day and that was sitting on my table when i signed up a year ago so that was the name i used when trying to think up a user name. Who really gives a hoot that you have been here since 2011, some will say you have wasted your time.

So is that the reason you cant pass the casa medical mate???Could you be one of those flying time bombs ,just waiting to fall through someones roof at over 100 knots and half a tonne of weight too

Mate id suggest a fairly large portion would like to STOP funding tech dept to handle issues, regulation and problems to do with ancient rag and tube types. aircraft let alone the pilots with attitudes like yours.

Bottom line is the numbers interested in flying them is fadng away

You should ask the tech guys which section of RAA burns up most of their time and frustration.

Which rules are new or costing you extra money? Betcha find most have always been there just ignored.

Fortunately many value the history of the movement and are prepard to fund it. Your attitude possibly reduces that number.

Please leave and form your own club and our costs will possibly go down.