• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Googles algorithms find virtually everything that has ever been posted for public display. And I've spent 20 yrs fine-tuning my internet searching abilities.   As a little thread drift

That's it Kasper. The left wheel folded into a fairing on the right side of the fuselage, and the right wheel into a lefthand fairing. In 1998 Explorer Aircraft was established in Jasper, Texas, to co

Avid Explorer  when it was in Taree in 2012.

Posted Images

Right again T88. Beats me how you get them so quickly. I thought they were fairly obscure by the method I locate them.

Anyway, on to the next.

TGTP058.JPG.0e0feffd52915c4f5efcbf6307dce3c2.JPG

Yes Dave, the Cougar. I hope you guys are enjoying this.It's getting harder to find tough ones.

• Like 1

And Kasper,you're right about the rego. You must have access to my originals file!

TGTP094.JPG.24176331d429a0eccf26909f534ad09a.JPG

Tin box

A design by mr Heinz

A copy of a design by mr Heinz

A development of s design by me Heinz

Savannah

A number like 701

Or it might be the Land given it looks like it has a fixed cuff on the leading edge

And as most are built as kits or from plans let’s call it a seriously boxy short takeoff and land performance tin box with railway carriage undercart to deal with pilot error on arrival.

=;-P

• Like 1

A bit hash, but yes, it's the BRM Land Africa. From Wikipedia: "Chris Heintz, the designer of the Zenith STOL CH 701 considers the Land Africa an unauthorized copy of the CH 701. The Land Africa varies from CH 701 in having a wider and longer cockpit."

TGTP070.JPG.4e47fab121fe3c8f4a662ebbd1dc3bc7.JPG

A bit hash, but yes, it's the BRM Land Africa. From Wikipedia: "Chris Heintz, the designer of the Zenith STOL CH 701 considers the Land Africa an unauthorized copy of the CH 701. The Land Africa varies from CH 701 in having a wider and longer cockpit."

Plus a separate fin and symmetrical horizontal stab, and while it's a bit hard to see the wing roots, looks like constant chord instead of narrowing right in like the 701. Much more like the Sav (which itself is a 701 copy, albeit improved).