Guess This Aircraft ?

I know nothing about this class of aircraft, and a search of images of ultralights has not located anything like it, so I'm happy to leave it up to others. I also know nothing about trikes, PPC's, gyros, gliders, and for that matter, bikes and boats either.

• Like 1

Further to previous post, I've never ridden on a motorbike, even as pillion, and my boat experience is limited to Spirit of Tassie, Magnetic Is. ferry and Manly Ferry/hydrofoil. I've lived a sheltered life.

I live to bamboozle.

Hints. The two seater in the first unidentified of mine is a factory built from France. Great climb ability - I raced one from a small field in Loire valley - his 912 vs my 912 in a WS trike - he kept up with me and not many three axis can.

Tin boxA design by mr Heinz

A copy of a design by mr Heinz

A development of s design by me Heinz

Savannah

A number like 701

Or it might be the Land given it looks like it has a fixed cuff on the leading edge

And as most are built as kits or from plans let’s call it a seriously boxy short takeoff and land performance tin box with railway carriage undercart to deal with pilot error on arrival.

=;-P

Much more like the Savannah than the 701 and by the way, I like my 701!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. This thread slipped to page 5 of the What's New 14 Days. I think it's about time you gave us some answers, Kasper.

In the meantime, this one is not part of the quiz, I'll give you the answer. It is a rare Super V Bonanza with two 180hp Lycomings, not the Twin Bonanza (T-Bone). This photo came up on the Vintage Bonanzas Facebook page.

451085060_SuperV.JPG.daf9b1c7ed7247cf3bc0a32202afbc10.JPG

Twin with a vee tail. Can't see how that would optimise yaw control for assymetric flight. I didn't like the Vee tail anyhow. They seemed get a yawing wobble up with a bit of gusting wind. It was dropped after a while.. Beech are well built planes structurally. Not cheap though as one would expect.. I would imagine they have a big following. Nev

1083 is The Moto Du CielMight need a clue on the other

Yes! A French Humbert moto du ciel.

The hints for the other one is it’s Italian, it went into production BUT this is the prototype and it’s fabulously different from the production ones ... can’t make it too easy now :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. The unidentifiable ultralight - the ultimate post for this thread :-) - is of Italian manufacture.

I’ll post the answer in a week if not found by then.

Only thing close is the Bagalini, but I cant find a photo. And it isnt very close. Wikipedia says:

The aircraft features a strut-braced parasol wing, a single-seat open cockpit without a windshield, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in pusher configuration. The Bagalini's fuselage is made from wood and metal, while the wings are a wooden frame covered in doped aircraft fabric. The rear fuselage consists of two tubes, one above and one below the pusher engine.