Aircraft Missing Near Katoomba

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the posting of the picture above I did a quick search for that rego. It's not the first time that Jabi has had problems. The following was posted nearly 9 years back.

There was a news story on our local Prime TV.Aircraft was a Jabiru, rego 55-3692. It was a training flight and the students second flight. Instructor was an eldery gentleman named Rod Hay. Unknown what airfield they were from.

Rod said that there was a lot of vibration coming from the engine and then it died. He put it down on a slope in a paddock. He said he pointed it up the hill and pitched it up.

It looked like a fair amount of damage to the landing gear. Both occupants unhurt.

RIP.

The aircraft type for a given reg number can be found at AustAirData.com.au/search. Enter either the registration, type, constructor's number or previous registration. For example, enter VH-XZG and get

VH-XZG.jpg.118ad9fb2964bf918f585a6b0f5d0379.jpg

Enter VH-CFK and get

1527027894_VH-CFKAADS.jpg.d08db00ee522b5945021b0725b241dac.jpg

Reg VH-DRC is listed because this aircraft was prevously registered VH-CFK.

Click on a rego and get

383537553_VH-CFKdetail.jpg.3bd841e77209fc7fed05931279d9a81d.jpg

Damaged & restored. No further details. Applies to RA-Aus aircraft as well.

• Like 1

Actually found my hornet but not much detail there.

Wasn't any details of me, it did have my serial number as the constructors number and date of first rego but that was about the limit of the details

Still interesting though

Wasn't any details of me

Many owners, particularly RAA, don't want their details published. There are a few sites which list plenty of detail for GA and commercial aircraft, including the CASA website. But if you have a reg and need/want to know the type, this site appears to fill the bill.

My favorite reference site for all but RAA is '16right.com/getrego.php'. The home page, 16right.com, has some great photos of arrivals at Sydney, constantly updated. Below is an example of the results screen. Also has an international search.

313603866_16rightgetrego.jpg.3db46841eb9a5284d7df88973fb79cf8.jpg

None of these site cover RAA.

AustAirData does to a certain degree. Enter Sonex Waiex and you get all, GA and RAA.

1290551897_sonex1.jpg.10fccd3e69b0bedf89af4cdcf46684be.jpg

Click on a rego (in this instance the first RAA rego), and get these details. Even RAA don't provide up to date info like this, limited and all as it is..

478187218_sonex2.png.470fb1d81d0bf854142bc82a61513fdb.png

Some will have more info, including a photo:

genesis.jpg.b587b310a845f362372fdcb534b2923d.jpg

I guess they only have access to the old RAA list. If RAA don't keep it up to date, it's hard for anyone else to get access. Or it's kept under lock and key.