The XPB Stage 1 underway.

Love Sketchup, draw the part, flatten the part with just a couple of clicks, export to .dxf with another couple of clicks, and ready for cnc laser cutting....

Lets hope my aluminium sheet arrives soon so the file can be used ...

flattery.jpg.1e5bb4c179c9450ff84621dcfef1c092.jpg flattery2.jpg.10fa44d4163e826051599c6963f27542.jpg flattery3.jpg.44eab5e79e07644de0b556c854fac122.jpg

• Like 2

As Big Kev says "I'm Excited!" ..

Aluminium arrives tomorrow, like a Kid at Xmas, Yay!

Sadly they only had 1250 x 2500 sheets, I usually lay everything out on standard 1220 x 2440 sheets, so I will have to suffer a little waste as I'm not going to renest everything again. You would be surprised what a difference 60mm longer and 30mm wider makes to nesting, spreading parts over 30 or so sheets. That also goes for the actual design, you can't make a part that won't fit onto a sheet, or cut up into at least the minimal part sub lots.

But Sketchup will save me, Long Live Sketchy, Sketchy for King!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only on the first one, surely?

Yes, should be back to standard size sheets later, that's why I'm not renesting just for this batch.

Transport company didn't ring me today, hope tomorrow now.

Yay, sheets just arrived.

..and of course first thing is to cut a strip and send it of for testing to confirm what it really is.

I did some very simple tests though, yeild, curvature and spring back against previously tested and confirmed 6061T6, and good news that those were identical, but I'll let the Lab decide that.

961102381_sheetsarrived.jpg.fdb66c8e1c05211bd7988287fe01a8a1.jpg

• Like 2

Bex, for the low sum of between US$18K and US$50K, you can have one in your hot little hands. The price varies according to the range of materials/metals you need to test.

https://www.bruker.com/products/x-ray-diffraction-and-elemental-analysis/handheld-xrf/xrf-analyzer-price.html

• Haha 1

I thought it would be expensive but wasn't prepared for that. Still if you have developed it and there are no competitive products, you can name your price and recoup the development costs fairly quickly,

• Like 1

I'll take 2!

.. 2 seconds to decide, nah, pass!

you can name your price and recoup the development costs fairly quickly,

...only if anyone actually buys them at the price!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks, but actually my brand "Mongrel" is quite old.

I had a few T shirts years ago that were the " mongrel " brand with nearly the same cartoon dog on them. Was that your brand ? 

• Like 1

Sorry Bex :oops:

Was at work today and remembered it was Mambo who made the T shirts, their logo had a similar dog logo!

My work boots are Mongrel , so you're spot on.

cheers. 

• Like 1