Murwillumba aircraft missing.

Aircraft missing from Murwillumba, an search has been conducted this afternoon. A witness has come forward saying that they saw a wing come off a green coloured plane.

Nothing confirmed at this stage. Was on Gold Coast 9 news.

• Informative 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif I seamed to have left the h off the end of Murwillumbah. Sorry about that.

Apology accepted.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif locals call it Murbah

At least its not too cold here . Hopefully old mate will be found in the morning OK

035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif I seamed to have left the h off the end of Murwillumbah. Sorry about that.

And so you should be Dazza

Your the king of spellcheck

And I'd be checking on your seamed, I may stand corrected but I'm sure it is seemed

Hope the outcome of this is a good one but odds on probably not if the witness statement is correct about a wing coming off

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Prob best to contact Murbah Aero club. 02 6672 3235. As far as I'm aware all hangars are full. but someone may be able to shuffle something around for a few days.

eagle air flight school may be able to help 0413 025 178 Michael from memory , lost his card.

According to Channel 7 morning news, this is the aircraft involved, a Sonerai IIL. The photo is from a "Sold" advert on Aviation Trader. That colour will make it hard to spot in tiger country.

sonerai.JPG.46eb5d79b459fddf8a333ac79ad143ad.JPG

• Agree 2

edited..mod

He may not have time to activate it and may be in no condition to activate it now

If a wing came off like a witness said g forces alone would not have made it possible

• Agree 3

given a caution for my post please explain

the facts are there if the plane is missing as assumed

now as a fact when the PLB was first mooted I was one that said that it SHOULD BE IN THE PLANE FOR ALL FLIGHTS no ifs or buts

when a transport company has their 153 trucks on tracking why cant you have the same device on your plane neil

According to Channel 7 morning news, this is the aircraft involved, a Sonerai IIL. The photo is from a "Sold" advert on Aviation Trader. That colour will make it hard to spot in tiger country.[ATTACH=full]50381[/ATTACH]

Is it confirmed that this is the aircraft? This aircraft was only sold down in Tassie a week or so back.

There is another green mid wing Sonerai in the area.

given a caution for my post please explainthe (edited..mod)

facts are there if the plane is missing as assumed

now as a fact when the PLB was first mooted I was one that said that it SHOULD BE IN THE PLANE FOR ALL FLIGHTS no ifs or buts

when a transport company has their 153 trucks on tracking why cant you have the same device on your plane neil

Neil,

I gave your post a caution. It is far too early to speculate on if the pilot carried an ELT/PLB when all that is known at this stage is that an aircraft is reported overdue. It may be safely on the ground somewhere out of phone range having diverted or it may be much worse. At this sage noone knows. (edited..mod)

At least wait until the media have done some wild speculation before doing it yourself, or wait for accurate reports and investigations.

Nobody

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

It may be safely on the ground somewhere out of phone range

don't make excuse

ELT/PLB will work even if there is no phone coverage so you are saying that you would cause worry and grief to your family and friends by not activating it

as one person said on this forum activate before the shiteeee hits the fan better to have a none event cause it can be cancelled neil

• Caution 2

Neil, are you saying you know for sure that this pilot did not have a PLB on board?no I asked where is the PLB neil

That is a question that can only be answered when the plane is found. Lack of a PLB being activated does not prove either way that a PLB was not on board. If you are using non activation of a PLB as evidence that there was not one on board then that is just illogical. Whilst I hope this pilot is found safe and well we cannot rule out the possibility of a sudden and catastrophic accident. Either way it is pointless having a go at the pilot without the facts.

• Agree 3

I havn't checked that plane but it looks as if it could be a single seater and it is not a legal requirement for a single seater to carry a PLB.

Is it confirmed that this is the aircraft? This aircraft was only sold down in Tassie a week or so back.There is another green mid wing Sonerai in the area.

The TV news showed a video of the aircraft taxying past a hangar with the voice over saying "This aircraft is missing on a flight from Murwillumbah", clearly showing the registration 19-3971.

Neil, exactly as Alf and others have said. What FACTS do YOU have apart from quick assumptions. Given that portable locators require manual activation, they are not the panacea

• Agree 1

I havn't checked that plane but it looks as if it could be a single seater and it is not a legal requirement for a single seater to carry a PLB.

The video taken at another time showed 2 POB. The following image was part of the Aviation Trader ad.

90595548_soneraicockpit.JPG.96b61cae0ed950fe15ebc2a357895db5.JPG