Narromine debarkle,,,,6ft fence !!!!!!!

bull

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad that I experienced 11 years of the old Narromine flyins. The greatest memories! We spent the whole days wandering around the aircraft, kicking tyres, visiting with other flyers, learning from their real life experiences with those aircraft, and swapping rides. It all worked so well..... Low cost and minimal organization and NO AIRSHOW.....

Let's remember that those old Narromine flyins weren't in decline they were still thriving, until they were suddenly transferred (some would say stolen) to Temora. The format changed and the advertising was, "...come and hear the Spitfire and watch the airshow...", but then it quickly declined and failed..... Changing the venue back to Narromine isn't the solution, the format is the problem.....

I don't know if it's possible to resurrect the old style informal flyins at Narromine. Once momentum is lost due to all those disruptions, it might be hard to recover. But sure does seem worth a try. Minimum cost so minimum risk, but sure needs a different approach than present.....

Once again I'm very thankful that I had the chance to enjoy those early Narromine Fly-Ins......

• Like 7
  • Agree 6

So the thought occurs, if the fence was to maintain ticket sales, how many extra tickets got sold to would-be fence jumpers compared to how much it cost to hire the fence to catch them?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This thread should be cancelled. It was started by someone who wasn't there but with an axe to grind. It was then fuelled by those who have similar axes to grind. Those who were there tried in vain to provide a reasonable explanation and most actually thought the flyin was good. When it was found that the debarkle (debacle) wasn't what it seemed nothing changed. Get a life and move on.

(edited..mod.....play the topic not the person, you have been warned.)

Yes, it's not a good look for new visitors to Rec Flying.

Is that because you would want to censure any negativity about RAA or Narramine turbo??

Amazes me to hear people talking about this 'temporary, hired fence' when, if we have look at the only pic posted of the whole fence it's quite clearly a recently installed PERMANENT fence with the poles concreted into the ground.

Is there someone out there that thinks this fence was installed at the direction of RAA? Or that thinks it will be removed following this event? It clearly had to have been installed at the behest or insistence of the local authority i.e the airport operator.

C'mon folks ... ffs, it's clear as dogs' whatsits that this fence was/is intended to be permanent given that there might be risks of people straying onto the airside, just like most/all other airports/strips - as they develop.

As Poteroo said, just get over it - the fence didn't change anyone's experience unless they allowed it to do so - as others who attended have reported ...

Amazes me to hear people talking about this 'temporary, hired fence' when, if we have look at the only pic posted of the whole fence it's quite clearly a recently installed PERMANENT fence with the poles concreted into the ground.Is there someone out there that thinks this fence was installed at the direction of RAA? Or that thinks it will be removed following this event? It clearly had to have been installed at the behest or insistence of the local authority i.e the airport operator.

C'mon folks ... ffs, it's clear as dogs' whatsits that this fence was/is intended to be permanent given that there might be risks of people straying onto the airside, just like most/all other airports/strips - as they develop.

As Poteroo said, just get over it - the fence didn't change anyone's experience unless they allowed it to do so - as others who attended have reported ...

Did not go so no personal knowledge BUT post 3 shows temp fencing in large surface weights not at all permanent nor cemented in.

I can only assume that the fence in that posts piccis the one people are upset about - so not sure anything in your post seems relevant.

• Agree 1

(edited..mod.....play the topic not the person, you have been warned.)

But this person is saying I have an axe to grind ,?? that is an insult as I have no axe to grind at all and am just upset at the way RAA allowed this event to fail.can you please moderate this person for attacking me and becoming personal? or I,d like to report this person to the moderater for using this thread to attack another member???

Amazes me to hear people talking about this 'temporary, hired fence' when, if we have look at the only pic posted of the whole fence it's quite clearly a recently installed PERMANENT fence with the poles concreted into the ground.Is there someone out there that thinks this fence was installed at the direction of RAA? Or that thinks it will be removed following this event? It clearly had to have been installed at the behest or insistence of the local authority i.e the airport operator.

Sorry you are so wrong , the only "permanent fence is the existing fence of the airport which is only a meter high,,as to the fences in the photos look closer and you will see the temporary panels and water filled plastic feet ,,,maybe you need spec,savers mate,,,,lol

• Agree 2

just upset at the way RAA allowed this event to fail.

Did this event fail? Evidently many people enjoyed it. It could not possibly please everyone. If the fence was a mistake then find out why it was there and lobby for change next year.

What makes you sure that the only party involved with this fence was RAAUS? My understanding is that the major partners in this event were QBE, Australian Parachute Federation, Aviation Trader, RAAUS and CASA. Why only blame RAAUS? Are you sure that CASA did not require the fence? Perhaps you have reliable information as to the process involved?

• Like 2