Jabiru variants

When you have succeeded in compiling all the Jabiru information, will you discard it .

OR

Can we get a nice little booklet, without the trouible that you are having,

Lots of people will need a quick guide to the second-hand Jabiru market.

Lot of thanks for that future "guide to the Jabiru aeroplane" ( of course we know they will change everything as soon as it is written ). LoL

spacesailor

Theres a lot of them out there would be key reason, people either grow tired of flying or move onto bigger/faster things

Don't think there is s 230B in AU, 230 are LSA so are factory built and cant be modified

There is a 200B ?

Small airframes been around longer so theres a few different types.

Often same airframe is sold overseas with limitations to suit regs in the market, with 120kt limit in US theres a special variant of 3300 engine that does lower max rpm...…….

A good manual is on the website regarding airframe and covers most variations

https://jabiru.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/JTM001-9.pdf

Trouble with variations is many early examples are experimental and specs on engines etc changed alot

There wasn't clear changes from Gen 1-2-3, engines, just significant changes and rolling upgrades along the way

I reckon that Jabiru should write a history of their model numbers and post the information on their webb site. They have all the history info a should support their great product with this detail; it would be a for of additional advertising for them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm surprised no one has written a comprehensive book about Jabiru.....

The govt seems to be handing out millions for inane and ridiculous reasons at the moment, so perhaps an opportunity for some one.

(They have given a company 1 million to start manufacturing Polywaffles again) No doubt touted as one of the great infrastructure investments of 2020....sarcasm:happy:

Thanks red750 and other posters. The problems I have are, the empty and MTOWs as well as the cabin dimensions.

The model designation varies according to the operating country so the models and weights are a mish mash.

Aircraft advertised in Australia occasionally have specific BEW and orMTOW but not generally. As I am of fair mass, these things are important if I want to carry a passenger.

My 230 is a 230B and i have the specific manual to suit,not sure of the difference to the 230C though,possibly throttle

as mine only has the single throttle and had a basic flaw in the idle stop mechanism which could cause (and did) engine cutouts

on finals.Cable runs right around front left side of engine and back to the carb.I see later model changed that.

BEW 350 kg.

colin