I Dunno. . . more computer hassles. . . got locked out

Was chatting on a forum in the UK and I stupidly clicked on a link, mainly because it was posted by a member whom I've known for years and trust.  

It has locked my computer, so I've been using all my AV stuff but cant find this particular bugger.  I've managed to restore five sites, this one being in my fave list !. . .but I still have a ways to go.  I'm borrowing back several mem sticks full of security / AV stuff from a mate.. . .  problem is that most of it is a couple of years old. . .  we'll have to see.

Darn tedious though.

Edited by Phil Perry

Thanks Scott. . .  I sorted it with my vast array of counter measure routines; just 'Borrowed' a ruck of them back from friend (!)

Looking forward to more bush flying with Christine and yourself soon. . .

Phil.

On 25/03/2021 at 8:40 PM, Phil Perry said:

Thanks Scott. . .  I sorted it with my vast array of counter measure routines; just 'Borrowed' a ruck of them back from friend (!)

Looking forward to more bush flying with Christine and yourself soon. . .

Phil.

I’ll just translate if I may for our Aussies and others who may not be familiar with the word “ Ruck or Rucks “ , in this instance  it is not referring to a Rugby manoeuvre,It merely means many or numerous and can be used in places of colloquialisms such a “ loads , lotsa and shed loads “ . I’m sure rucks of you will appreciate my translation .

Yampy 

Edited by yampy
Spelling
  • Like 1

And here was me thinking Phil and Yampy had gone all Oriental, and wishing for "rotsa ruck". I often wonder how the Poms actually get to see the stars, as clear skies are a wondrous thing in Old Blighty.

Edited by onetrack
  • Haha 1

From Wikipedia...

The word derives from the Bengali word biletī, (older sources mention a regional Hindustani language but the use of b replacing v is found in Bengali and not Urdu) meaning "foreign",[4] which more specifically came to mean "European", and "British; English" during the time of the British Raj.[5] The Bengali word is a loan of Indian Persian vilāyatī from vilāyat meaning "Iran" and later "Europe" or "Britain",[6] ultimately from Arabic wilāyah ولاية‎ "state, province".

• Informative 1

On 24/03/2021 at 2:21 AM, Phil Perry said:

Was chatting on a forum in the UK and I stupidly clicked on a link, mainly because it was posted by a member whom I've known for years and trust.  

It has locked my computer, so I've been using all my AV stuff but cant find this particular bugger.  I've managed to restore five sites, this one being in my fave list !. . .but I still have a ways to go.  I'm borrowing back several mem sticks full of security / AV stuff from a mate.. . .  problem is that most of it is a couple of years old. . .  we'll have to see.

Darn tedious though.

What version of Windoze are you using? Have you done a system restore? Do you keep you system up to date?

Linux has never let me down but Window$ sure has a habit of doing constant updates and security patches. And then more patches to fix bugs that the previous patches cause.