My flying days are over.

Since suffering another stroke a fortnight ago, in which I totalled my car, I have now lost my license, and by default, my flying certificate. I've also been diagnosed as having Altziemers disease. This in turn, leaves me with no option but to sell my T85 Thruster.  It's airframe has been stripped down and thoroughly inspected and a new tail wheel fitted. It's pod has been repaired and repainted, A new, more comfortable seat, with a 4 point harness, fitted. The engine has been rebuily with new oil seals between the cylinder journals. Ran well when bench tested. It's now fitted with a new Sweat apple prop I needs new skins and I have the old ones to used as patterns.
Best offer over $2000 secures. Byer collects.

DSCF5659.JPG

DSCF5203 (Copy).JPG

DSCF5658.JPG

Edited by Deskpilot
  • Like 2
  • Informative 2

2 hours ago, FlyingVizsla said:

So sorry to hear this Doug.  I have followed your posts for years with wonder and interest. 

All the best for the future.  🙂  Sue

Thankyou Sue. I don't see any reason to stop designing the weird and wonderful. I fact, I'm currently in the prosessLast sail 7.bmp of designing a boat that might, one in the future, get me back on the water. I sailed before  I flew.

• Like 1

Not the best way to have to give up a great pastime. Back to sailing should keep you occupied and that is what is most needed. I reckon  when you stop "doing" you start dieing. Keep a positive outlook and don't forget alzheimers does not mean the end.

• Like 1

this is the problem with newly all of the people in our segment of aviation (including myself) we are all too old, worn out and put away wet !

I would much rather see complaints coming through that people needed to shave for the first time or something like that looking  forward to a career or hobby in aviation rather than dropping off because we are past our use by dates.

• Like 1

IT,S All Beauroracy. 

I dread that day l,m told " your eighty  " .

Trouble is those Beaurocrats don,t wait untill you Turn eighty, they get you at seventy-nine !.

New medical, Eye test, new driving test.

For what, l turned another day older, than the day before. 

spacesailor

18 hours ago, Deskpilot said:

Since suffering another stroke a fortnight ago, in which I totalled my car, I have now lost my license, and by default, my flying certificate. I've also been diagnosed as having Altziemers disease. This in turn, leaves me with no option but to sell my T85 Thruster.  It's airframe has been stripped down and thoroughly inspected and a new tail wheel fitted. It's pod has been repaired and repainted, A new, more comfortable seat, with a 4 point harness, fitted. The engine has been rebuily with new oil seals between the cylinder journals. Ran well when bench tested. It's now fitted with a new Sweat apple prop I needs new skins and I have the old ones to used as patterns.
Best offer over $2000 secures. Byer collects.

DSCF5659.JPG

DSCF5203 (Copy).JPG

DSCF5658.JPG

Hi Doug,

It's sad you have to give up flying. Nevertheless, I wish you well and God's blessing in the years ahead.

I hope someone will come along soon and pick up a T85 steal!

Beat wishes,

eightyknots

It's not over yet, there must be drivers out there driving around with a spare seat next to them, tap into those M/T seats:-)

You can still fly just not on yr own:-)

Power to the inner drive within all of us:-)

• Like 2

Sorry to hear your troubles Doug. At 2k+ the thruster is a cheap kit with engine, 4k for new skins and someone will have a great cheap, fun, and safe aircraft. I am looking at a single seater locally to add to my collection.  

Doug, as pointed out above, there are quite a lot of us going quiet on the forum. Not from lack of interest, rather from the march of time. My day came a couple of years ago. My saddest day was when my aircraft went. I still can't stop myself from glancing up whenever a plane passes by, and I get a year in my eye when watching 'our' wedgetail cruise past on the rising air.

Now we have 'Calypso'. A Columbia 34. So I can still feel the air, although everything happens a lot slower now.

As a bonus, a stalled aerofoil is a lot less hazardous on a sailboat.

Edited by nomadpete
spellcheck