Aircraft into power line 26/06/2022

3 hours ago, jackc said:

This was the aircraft.. 😞 

8B92FAC3-2F40-45FC-8A32-36B3B5BB1662.jpeg

Just curious, From what I can see of the news photos of the crashed aircraft, it’ seemed to be a wire braced drifter as opposed to this picture of a strut braced model??

Edited by seb7701

2 minutes ago, seb7701 said:

Wasn’t the crashed aircraft a wire braced drifter??

This was the photo published in The Chronicle relating to the crash, but we all know the lazy media often use file photos these days 😞 

Jack, when you’re proclaiming “This was the aircraft”, you probably want to be sure.

That’s not the same aircraft. Looking just now, the strut braced one came off the pilot’s facebook profile.

Edited by seb7701

One can only pass on what the media prints, hence even posting the story as reported can be wrong 😞 

I posted in good faith but maybe that’s a mistake, too.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jackc said:

One can only pass on what the media prints, hence even posting the story as reported can be wrong 😞 

I posted in good faith but maybe that’s a mistake, too.  

The Press post in good faith too.

The pilots name has been made public on the facebook, Drifter Aircraft Appreciation Society, site, in a post by Peter Williams, titled, " Wondering Who Crashed At Bowenville".

This could be the Drifter in the accident as it`s the one in the pilots cover photo, on his facebook page!

Crash.jpg.59c58dcbb60535773e9b97d9a5333f61.jpg

2 hours ago, farri said:

The pilots name has been made public on the facebook, Drifter Aircraft Appreciation Society, site, in a post by Peter Williams, titled, " Wondering Who Crashed At Bowenville".

This could be the Drifter in the accident as it`s the one in the pilots cover photo, on his facebook page!

Crash.jpg.59c58dcbb60535773e9b97d9a5333f61.jpg

I posted this believing the information I had was correct! I`ve done more research and it turns out it wasn`t! I sincerely apologize...Another lesson learned.

Franco.

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

55 minutes ago, farri said:

I posted this believing the information I had was correct! I`ve done more research and it turns out it wasn`t! I sincerely apologize...Another lesson learned.

Franco.

I thought what you did was reasonable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, farri said:

The pilots name has been made public on the facebook,

Hi Frank, can you PM me the pilots name, I can't find it in the Facebook post.

Kiwi

Edited by Kiwi

Herald Sun

Tributes flow for John Mercer killed in ultralight plane crash in Bowenville! A well-known Oakey man has been remembered as a larrikin who supported his community and loved life, after he was killed in a plane crash in Bowenville.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2
  • Informative 1